Schwarzenegger Announces : Running for CA Gov.

BillW

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 05:38 pm
Especially when they enter with less than 4 months and a $15 billion shortfall.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 09:01 am
And with the off-handed admission that higher taxes may be necessary! It won't be the buck stops here, but the buck sucks.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 12:57 pm
Bustamonte would have immediately increased the budget deficit to 800B by changing the official currency to pesos.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 02:02 pm
Maybe Dubya would have followed suit.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 02:40 pm
cjhsa, is that comment along the same line as we can't have a catholic as President because then the Pope would rule the USA - or other such?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 02:53 pm
Much sillier.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2003 02:59 pm
Rolling Eyes Cool
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 12:11 pm
This thread deserves to have some life breathed into it with the Gropenator's inauguration tomorrow, and with this news:

Quote:
For many days, aides have portrayed California Governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger as hard at work in meetings on his new administration which takes office on Monday.

It turns out that the actor and his wife Maria Shriver have been vacationing in Hawaii with their four children, a person close to the family told Reuters. "They took the children off to Hawaii," he said on Wednesday, adding that the couple's kids missed some school as a result of the pre-inaugural travels.

In communications to the media, his transition office has sought to project the image of a man hard at work. "He will hold private transition meetings and discussions with members of his transition team," his office has said in a routine statement put out daily in recent days. From the capital in Sacramento, his office has also announced a series of announcements.

But they are declining to talk about Hawaii.

"We are not going to discuss his private time and what he chooses to do in his private time," spokeswoman Karen Hanretty said. "On a daily basis he continues to work on establishing a new administration, regardless of where he is."

The source who knew of the Hawaii trip joked: "Maybe he has no roaming charges on his cell phone."

Luau or Labor?

"Dis vill be da last vacation wid my family until I haf solfed all of Caleefornia's problems..."
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 12:15 pm
Aloha Oy!
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 01:22 pm
truth
O.K., I confess. It's envy that motivated me to dub him Gonad the Barbarian.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 02:55 pm
I'm sure my brother, the state legislator, will be included in the inaugural crowd, because he's a repub.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 02:57 pm
truth
C.I., and he's obliged to go?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2003 03:41 pm
No, I don't think so, but why not? The GOP is the minority in the state capitol.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 11:20 am
Even with Ahnold in attendance Question
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2003 05:38 pm
Yup. In more ways than one. Wink
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 07:22 pm
0 Replies