MICHAEL VICK--HOW STUPID IS STUPID?

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 05:45 pm
Had the world by the ass. One of the , if not THE best Q backs in NFL, chucks away his career on some stupid gangstah -like acts of cruelty to animals. Hes pleded guilty and will serve time. SO, SHould he ever play again?

I say HELL NO. He doesnt deserve the fame, the millions and the adoration . Hes a thug, who deserves nothing.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 13,446 • Replies: 144
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 05:59 pm
Well, M. Vick may be all of us without the raising to not do that stuff (not that I know his circumstances). Mankind is brutal, and gets off on cock fights, etc.

I alluded on some other thread early on in this that many folk, not just gangsta types of one ethnic composition, get into dog fighting. I couldn't find that link, so can't corroborate what I'd noticed.

Personally, I would be for him getting a clue and moving on, but not in pro football. Not that american football has been pure.

The sports world takes pre teens, and teens, and catapults them into stardom and millions - well, a few of them. The audience has much to answer for in many ways too.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 06:06 pm
I was composing a list the other day of the ten most stupid men presently in the world. At the top I had the idiot who had an affair behind the incredibly gorgeous back of Christie Brinkley, what a maroon! Then came the Vick story.

Joe(He is now the top five stupid men, all by himself)Nation
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 06:10 pm
I'm not arguing that he is not extremely stupid - to clarify. He's in place within a system, though.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 12:05 am
The scumbag should be put into a cage with the dogs.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 05:58 am
The sports talk people are acting like this is a temporary setback i his career. I hope not. I hope he winds up living under a bridge.
Dog fighting is bad enough and a senseless brutal gaming. However, Vick's attention to detail and killing his losing dogs by some of the most cruel means puts him up there with budding young serial killers in my book.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 06:30 am
He is definitely an idiot. But, there's a good shot he'll play again. A team will take him back in a few years. By then, the public will have calmed down a bit. A team like Oakland, who could care less about possible negative press for taking him wouldn't care, he would sell them tickets.

And he was never close to being the best QB in the NFL. Arguably the most exciting player, but as a QB he's average.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 06:49 am
ossobuco wrote:
I alluded on some other thread early on in this that many folk, not just gangsta types of one ethnic composition, get into dog fighting. I couldn't find that link, so can't corroborate what I'd noticed.

Point is Michael Vick fits right in with the rest of the thugs & felons that make up the NFL. This is just another case.

You'd think these f'n retards would grow up after making some $$.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 07:26 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
ossobuco wrote:

Point is Michael Vick fits right in with the rest of the thugs & felons that make up the NFL. This is just another case.

Just as one would think George W would have grown up after being elected president.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 04:43 pm
Theyre calling for him to play again once hes outta the slammer. I wonder where the floor of acceptability for behavior lies for these pampered clowns.
If he killed his wife, and then turned himself in, would he be playing football again?
Do we really give a **** about football that much that we accept thugs as some kinda role model?

I guess thats why the mafiosi are such sought after dinner guests
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 04:58 pm
Top Ten Excuses from M. Vick (from Letterman):

10. "House came with a dogfighting pit, and it seemed like a shame to waste it"

9. "Wanted to distract the public from crooked NBA referees and cheating baseball players"

8. "Judgment was impaired by playing with lead-based Chinese toys"

7. "I was training the dogs to...uhhhhhh...get Osama"

6. "Always wanted to be quarterback for a prison team, like in 'The Longest Yard'"

5. "Steroids made me all crazy"

4. "Eddie Brill told me I needed something big to close on"

3. "Oh, like you've never run an illegal dogfighting ring"

2. "Thought I could get out of it by buying Kobe Bryant's wife a diamond"

1. "Fights weren't any worse than what you see on 'The View'"
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 06:35 pm
The world is full of middle-class fools who feel that a world of pro football and dog fighting is more "real" than anything found in suburbia.

The world is full of black fools who think Vick is being singled out for being rich and black.

Remember Larry Holmes, the poor, misunderstood rapist?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 06:45 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
ossobuco wrote:

Just as one would think George W would have grown up after being elected president.

One has to admit that George makes Vick seem just a tad less idiotic.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 06:54 pm
Oh Noddy...check your facts dear. I believe you're talking about Mike Tyson, not Larry Holmes. And any beauty contestant who shows up at a mans' hotel room at 2am in a negligee and then cries rape is subject to bigtime suspicion in my book.

Although I can't speak for everybody, and I haven't been watching television, I have not heard even one black person defend Michael Vick. Not on talk radio, not amongst my own friends, not anyone anywhere. I'm sure there are some who are screaming, some people will do anything for a buck and a few moments of airtime, but believe me, the majority are not screaming. As my husband said yesterday, "f*** Michael Vick. Whatever they dish out, he's got it coming."
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 07:03 pm
I heard an Atlanta sports radio personality interviewed on WEEI(Boston's sports radio) this morning. He said this situation has caused the biggest racial divide in Atlanta since the OJ case. Some southern racists are using this whole thing to back up their views, and some black people are backing him up.

Unfortunately, this crap still happens.

He'll go to jail and do his time, and that's it. He shouldn't be let off easy, but he shoudn't be hung in public either. Some team will take him back, and by that time there won't be as big an outcry from the public.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 07:10 pm
Eoe--

You are absolutely right--Mike Tyson. His "victim" certainly made herself vulnerable.

Larry Holmes is local which was why his name popped into my head and I slandered him. Thanks for the correction.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 08:50 pm
Slappy, I'm just not hip. I haven't heard of any racial divide in Atlanta or anywhere else. That sounds like a whole lot of hype and you know what they say. Don't believe it.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 09:07 pm
He executed dogs, who undoubtedly wanted to live, for not performing well, and not painlessly either. He deserves zero.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 09:12 pm
Watching the news tonight for the first time in several days, I saw a group gathered in Vick's defense. Oh well..., like I said, there are plenty who will sell their souls for a few dollars and some air time. But I sure don't know any.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 22 Aug, 2007 10:19 pm
What are you guys -- a bunch of animal rights activists, or something? Get real.
0 Replies