MICHAEL VICK--HOW STUPID IS STUPID?

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:24 am
a december sentence means he misses 2 full seasons -- maybe 3 -- depending on the verdict...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:26 am
Do you think he'll ever play again? Even though things often turn out to be a nine days' wonder, I have the feeling he's blackballed for life now.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:35 am
i don't think he'll play in the NFL again...
0 Replies

echi

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2007 01:14 pm
Mame wrote:
. . . I have the feeling he's blackballed for life now.
Neutral
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 10:37 am
From SI.com:

Quote:
...But not a single line in the 18-page indictment will generate more rage toward Vick and the others charged -- Purnell A. Peace, Quanis L. Phillips and Tony Taylor -- than a sentence near the end. It reads: "In or about April of 2007, Peace, Phillips and Vick executed approximately eight dogs that did not perform well in 'testing' sessions at 1915 Moonlight Road by various methods, including hanging, drowning and slamming at least one dog's body to the ground."...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/07/17/dohrmann.vick/index.html

Class-guy this M. Vick!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 10:51 am
And yet I've never seen Vick wearing a Stetson.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 04:19 pm
Black dudes shouldnt wear Stetsons, its as lame as a white guy with his ball cap on backward.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 04:35 pm
Oooh. Geez. Stereotypes still.
0 Replies

echi

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 04:41 pm
Black balls! Get it? Come on -- that's funny!

[Good one, echi. Boy, you sure are clever.]
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 08:41 pm
Another great argument for Mr. Dick, er, Mr. Vick, from Whoopi:

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN0444500720070905

She's right. Maybe this whole case should just be let go because he's from the south.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 4 Sep, 2007 08:51 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Another great argument for Mr. Dick, er, Mr. Vick, from Whoopi:

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN0444500720070905

She's right. Maybe this whole case should just be let go because he's from the south.

Yeah, I've known some southern white folks who grew up thinking black people were only good for throwing punches in a boxing ring. Those same folks thought it was OK to drown or hang blacks because somehow they just didn't seem to have much value. Yup, it must be Ok if there's some kind of tradition behind it. I'm sure Whoopi knows what she's talking about. Rolling Eyes
(emoticon for the clueless who don't know sarcasm when they read it)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 10:17 am
how stupid?
stupid to the tune of 23 months in the slammer...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 10:37 am
Region Philbis wrote:
how stupid?
stupid to the tune of 23 months in the slammer...

Unfortunately, he'll probably be thrown in a celebrity-style cell. If not, he could have been living up the thug life he loves so much for 23 months.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 10:41 am
His street cred just went up.... Rolling Eyes

RH
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 05:12 pm
I think 23 months is a bit severe. I'm not easy to awe (or shock) but Vick seems to be taking responsibility for his actions.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 10:30 pm
I love dogs. I've had pets all my life, and despise what Vick did.

But I'm like, WTF else do people want from him? A public hanging? When someone fu*ks up and gets caught and convicted and goes to prison for it and apologizes and is being made to pay with his money his freedom and his career, is that enough?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 10:59 pm
Snood, he is saying and doing all the right things, currently.......

But.

He lied to his team, and everyone else, til it all turned, and he had no choice.

He's not a terribly sympathetic figure at the moment, and his PR machine is working at full tilt....

I wish him well in fixing his life, one step at a time.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 11:06 pm
snood wrote:

But I'm like, WTF else do people want from him? A public hanging? When someone fu*ks up and gets caught and convicted and goes to prison for it and apologizes and is being made to pay with his money his freedom and his career, is that enough?

Yes.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 11:21 pm
snood wrote:

What do people want from the guy?

You could start by asking him to tell his homies something like:

Quote:

"...Hey, you know, if you want to get anywhere in life, somewhere after you turn 20 you have to stop acting like ghetto trash..."

Instead of trying to go on doing ghetto-trash kinds of things WITH them after he's made it in the world.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2007 04:21 am
gungasnake wrote:
snood wrote:

What do people want from the guy?

You could start by asking him to tell his homies something like:

Quote:

"...Hey, you know, if you want to get anywhere in life, somewhere after you turn 20 you have to stop acting like ghetto trash..."

Instead of trying to go on doing ghetto-trash kinds of things WITH them after he's made it in the world.

Think if he said that to his "homies", that'd do it for you, gunga?
0 Replies