MICHAEL VICK--HOW STUPID IS STUPID?

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 08:31 am
eoe wrote:
I reeeeally hope that we're not moving into a place where dogfighting is viewed as a "black man's sport" only. Are we?

I sure the hell don't look at it that way. It's an "idiot's sport." I just don't understand why some people feel the need to defend him(Deion Sanders, Jamie Foxx) based on some "cultural" thing.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 08:33 am
Ogionik
Quote:
its allabout money farmer, regardless of morality or equality, our intelligence as a race seems to disappear once you start gettin money.

While I agree in the homily OGi- I wanna carry it to its logical end. Its the OWNERS money. Their worth is predicated on a saleable franchise , and is a disruptive presence within the league gonna help their bottom line? Unless they start selling "ELECTROCUTE THE QUARTERBACK-SEE HOW HE LIKES IT" tee shirts.

It is money, but its a business.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 12:49 pm
eoe wrote:
I reeeeally hope that we're not moving into a place where dogfighting is viewed as a "black man's sport" only. Are we?

I hope not! It didn't even enter my mind, as I don't pay attention to a persons color or race.

I just think the guy is a cruel, abusive prick!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 01:00 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
It's an "idiot's sport."

Sums it up for me.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 02:01 pm
eoe wrote:
The only thought I had on color; was surprise that it was something a black star would be involved in. Knowing nothing of dog-fighting; I guess I just assumed that it was a white-hick sort of thing, that would likely be patronized by idiots with Confederate flags flown proudly in the back of their pick-up trucks.

I'd like to see jail time and a life-time ban from the NFL. The message here should be LOUD AND CLEAR (and color should have nothing to do with it).
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 03:28 pm
Thats trueOB, I get into the W Va coal fields alot , its all HillWilliams down there fighting dogs, and the goober cops are in on it .
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 25 Aug, 2007 03:30 pm
I always thought it was a rich mans thing.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 07:44 am
In the Poconos, dog fighting fans are an unsavory combination of Nasty Good Ol' Local Boys and nasty thrill-seeking tourists.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 07:47 am
Noddy24 wrote:
In the Poconos, dog fighting fans are an unsavory combination of Nasty Good Ol' Local Boys and nasty thrill-seeking tourists.

Is that where you live? My grandmother used to own a cabin up there, went up every summer as a kid. I remember hearing the race track...and getting caught throwing rocks at this guy's car as he drove by.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 08:43 am
Good grief. Lots of idiots partake in this idiot sport, I see.
I couldn't understand why they killed the dogs until my husband explained it. I just can't see where the pleasure comes in with this sport. I guess you have to be an idiot.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 09:59 am
Slappy--

Your childhood memories are all of a piece with your on-line persona.

Eoe--

Not only is dog fighting a sport to please the Inner Brute, True Fans become sexually aroused by bloody matches--men and women.

True Fans regard this as Real Life--not something kinky.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 10:54 am
From whence comes all this knowledge about the workings of the minds of "true fans"? Are you one?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 11:55 am
Snood--

Am I a Dog Fighting Fan? Absolutely not. I own a pit bull, a little brand snatched from the burning, a dog abandoned in the center city (probably because she was terribly hard to housebreak). Pit bulls adore fighting. I loathe scrubbing puddles of blood from the rug and splatters of blood from the walls. Housework-in-Red does not turn me on.

I will say that Iffy doesn't shed much--but her murderous little rages cancel out the advantages of short hair.

My information on dog fighting and dog fighting fans comes from a newspaper story, several magazine articles, background information in murder mysteries....

Also, my son was the victim of an attempted mugging and robbery in Americus, GA. The Mugger targeted the wrong long-haired weirdo sissy.
When the mugging case came to trial, the Weirdo did a lot of chatting with the local police force--who assumed because of the "good" accent and the long hair that he was working undercover for the FBI.

These law officers were well informed about dog fighting and dog fighting fans.

I have a neighbor (female) who assures me that dog fights are a real, sexual turn-on.

For the last 60-odd years I've been adding to a mental Sargasso Sea of assorted facts. Dog fighting happens to be one of my little catch-the-fact Velcro patches.

Since one of Vick's fights was here in the Poconos I suspect that at least one of the local newspapers has reporters assigned to spade work. I'll pass on the facts when they're printed.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 08:14 pm
Don't put yourself out to get the dogfighting details on my account.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 08:20 pm
I have been hosting hamster fighting for the better part of twenty years and now that I read about this Vick thing I am seriously considering shutting the operation down.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 08:36 pm
Re: MICHAEL VICK--HOW STUPID IS STUPID?
farmerman wrote:
Had the world by the ass. One of the , if not THE best Q backs in NFL, chucks away his career on some stupid gangstah -like acts of cruelty to animals. Hes pleded guilty and will serve time. SO, SHould he ever play again?

I say HELL NO. He doesnt deserve the fame, the millions and the adoration . Hes a thug, who deserves nothing.

What about the demoKKKrat claim that we should celebrate diversity?

Again, I was working out at the gym and noticed a reporter on one of the sports network TVs there talking to two redskins, Portis and Samuels, and they honestly could not figure out what the big deal was and told the reporter they could take him to dog fights pretty much any time he wanted to see one.

This one seems to me to be a real cultural difference of some sort. Are you actually claiming that some cultures are better than others and that some ought to be suppressed??
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 08:41 pm
gungasnake wrote:
This one seems to me to be a real cultural difference of some sort. Are you actually claiming that some cultures are better than others and that some ought to be suppressed??

No, all cultures should be treated equally. The ones that torture monkeys before they propel them into the mouths of waiting alligators should be treated the same as the ones who comfort the downtrodden.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 09:13 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

No, all cultures should be treated equally. The ones that torture monkeys before they propel them into the mouths of waiting alligators should be treated the same as the ones who comfort the downtrodden.

THAT IS how the demoKKKrat mind WOULD work if they weren't being hypocrits about it....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 09:15 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

I'm with Gus!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 26 Aug, 2007 09:16 pm
gungasnake wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

THAT IS how the demoKKKrat mind WOULD work if they weren't being hypocrits about it....

Are you for real?
0 Replies