Why do we always hear six million for the Holocaust?

Foofie

Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:14 pm
Why do we always hear the number six million for the Holocaust? The number, I believe, should include non-Jews as well, and then it would be over ten million. The following reference from Wikipedia explains this increased number:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust#Non-Jewish_victims

Is it that everyone other than Jews want to forget/ignore that they were historical victims too? Why do we only hear the figure of six million these days (I believe right after WWII, and into the 1950's, the number quoted was 12 million, and the figure of six million just represented Jewish victims). I understand that Jews as a group do not want to forget this event, and quote the number of Jewish victims, but why are other groups that were victimized apparently quiet? Or, am I wrong, and not hearing them?

ebrown p

Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:41 pm
The other prominant victims of the holocaust remember all to well.

Remembering the Gay Holocaust.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:45 pm
The Roma have never had a voice and still are persecuted... they remember, but they have never had much of an audience.

Sinti and Roma in the Holocaust
0 Replies

Foofie

Mon 20 Aug, 2007 07:53 pm
Thank goodness others don't choose to forget or ignore. Thank you for the information.
0 Replies

cello

Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:10 pm
I think it is because a lot of Jews own the media, so they talk about the Holocaust and remind people of it. I don't think the other peoples want to forget or ignore the genocides that happened to them, it is only that the media does not cover those.
Ragman

Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:21 pm
cello wrote:
I think it is because a lot of Jews own the media, so they talk about the Holocaust and remind people of it. I don't think the other peoples want to forget or ignore the genocides that happened to them, it is only that the media does not cover those.

Anti-semite horseshit!
0 Replies

cello

Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:49 pm
I expected such a reaction but you are wrong, I am not anti-semite. I have nothing against Jews, they are people like everyone, good and bad.

Why should the Jews talk about other people's genocides, it is only reasonable and logical what I said.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:55 pm
Cello, name a media organization owned by Jews.
0 Replies

cello

Tue 28 Aug, 2007 07:58 pm
The Hearst family owns a group of newspapers.
cello

Tue 28 Aug, 2007 08:11 pm
What I said about the Jews controlling the media, I just heard but never bothered to check because as I said, I have nothing against the Jews. But since you asked me, littlek, I just googled and this is the first link I got:

http://www.compuserb.com/mediain1.htm

I did not read the whole article, just scanned quickly. These are facts. I don't see why we have to deny the facts. Facts are not good or bad or anti-semitic, they are just facts.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 28 Aug, 2007 08:18 pm
Yowza! The person who wrote that article obviously has something against Jews even if you don't. Using that type of reference doesn't help your case.
0 Replies

Foofie

Tue 28 Aug, 2007 08:40 pm
cello wrote:

I think you are subscribing to the popular misconception that Jews own the U.S. media. Don't believe me, just look up who owns the major media. I'm not talking about New York newspapers. I mean the big networks.

In my opinion, allowing the masses to believe that Jews are continually lamenting about the six million Jews exterminated in the Holocaust serves the purpose of maintaining a certain level of discomfort with Jews in general. And this keeps them in their place, so to speak; in effect, being "just too different" to fit in completely (as the person promoted, as the person hired, as the person accepted for membership to wherever). In other words, Jews can live comfortably in the U.S., as long as they have a utility: school teacher, doctor, dentist, accountant. But, not the "fat cat" positions. So, the image of Holocaust bellyacher marginalizes them.

The U.S. is a country where many groups are competing for a slice of the pie. Jews tend to be good competitors, I believe, when the criteria are good marks, above average IQ, eagerness, implementing new ideas. Allowing them to maintain the "annoying image" of Holocaust bellyachers makes them less able to compete in a "team oriented" society, where "fitting in" is more important than SAT scores. Was this effected premeditatedly; I personally don't think so, but I can't believe all non-Jews are not aware of the marginalization in society that this image causes.

And, if one wants another possible reason for allowing Jews to continue to get Holocaust lament time in the media: it might just be keeping a certain country in Europe from getting obstreperous, without letting that country feel that strong feelings from WWII didn't fade away. "It's those Jews causing the bad publicity, obviously." In effect, Jews wind up doing a service for some countries in Europe today, since as members of the EU, all these countries have to give the impression that all of Europe is united and old feelings are gone.

Does anyone find it interesting that just when white ethnics (I've branched out beyond Jews now) were sending their children to college, in large numbers, along comes a concern over minority quotas? Does this have a way to keep those white ethnics down the proverbial rungs on the ladder? The timing is just coincidental, I'm sure.

So much of society's popular beliefs are just so much propaganda, I believe, as a holdover perhaps from an earlier era. Like certain groups have been called lazy, shiftless, unintelligent, drunkards, etc., etc. All canards. All lies. But, was once part of the standard popular beliefs.

But, so many people are really so comfortable with these popular myths. Even when they know they're lies. I wonder why???
0 Replies

Foofie

Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:05 pm
cello wrote:
What I said about the Jews controlling the media, I just heard but never bothered to check because as I said, I have nothing against the Jews. But since you asked me, littlek, I just googled and this is the first link I got:

http://www.compuserb.com/mediain1.htm

I did not read the whole article, just scanned quickly. These are facts. I don't see why we have to deny the facts. Facts are not good or bad or anti-semitic, they are just facts.

Did you notice at the bottom of that link was this:

Serbian Defense League
exposing Zionism and anti-Goyism
www.SerbianDefenseLeague.com

Apparently, even when a media outlet is owned by a Gentile, a Jew was mentioned as the person in charge. Could it be possible that wealthy, powerful Gentiles feel a Jew will be more loyal to him than a fellow Gentile? I suspect many Gentiles either don't trust other Gentiles, or they believe a Jew gets the job done. Don't blame Jews for that.

Hey, Jesus was/is a Jew. Should we consider the New Testament as Jewish media?

By the way, I have no idea why Serbia has a need to "expose Zionism and anti-Goyism" (Goy means Gentile in Yiddish)?

But, I don't believe you subscribe to the correct definition of anti-Semitism. Anti-Semitism is just when one thinks Jews/Jewish people are DIFFERENT. So, pointing out that there are so many Jews involved with the media must mean something is wrong (like WASP's in the defense industry?).

Let me explain why there are so many Jews in Hollywood. Less than 100 years ago, when movies were in its infancy, no one knew if this new technology would bomb out. So, you guessed it, Jews were allowed to "risk" their capital in this new venture. And, it did pan out, to many people's surprise. Notice how now that film is such a money maker, many Gentile producers have entered the industry. Jews, in effect, are allowed to be the risk taking innovators, but once it is a money-maker, expect Gentiles to join. (For the secular person, Christianity could even be an example of this.)

Have you ever noticed how WASP's are in industries that don't involve risking their capital? All old industries, no risks involved.

Yes, Jews are allowed to risk their capital on new ventures, since if they lose their shirts, few will be concerned.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:19 pm
oh jesus mary and joseph. the whole world is one big conspiracy, isn't it.

plus, who says that others (than Jews) that perished in concentration camps are forgotten? certainly not! there are so many oral history projects, documents, books, memorials, other materials documenting the Roma holocaust (I worked on one myself) and of gays and political opponents... Plenty of materials out there for those who want to find them.
0 Replies

Foofie

Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:27 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
oh jesus mary and joseph. the whole world is one big conspiracy, isn't it.

I think you're understanding. You may rise.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:28 pm
it was a sarcastic comment. and i don't need permissions to rise or otherwise.
0 Replies

Foofie

Tue 28 Aug, 2007 09:35 pm
dagmaraka wrote:

Then don't blapheme. Some of us could be atheists.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 28 Aug, 2007 10:05 pm
Foofie, the religious banter will likely be going over Dagmaraka's head as she hasn't a religious bone in her body.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Wed 29 Aug, 2007 12:36 am
Foofie wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:

Then don't blapheme. Some of us could be atheists.

well if you were indeed an atheist, you wouldn't give a damn about blasphemy.

i'm a heathen. was born one, will die one. got anything better up your sleeve?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 29 Aug, 2007 05:46 am
The number of those who died due o the Holocaust may by 12 million or even more.

However, I haven't notice that the other victim groups were silent.

If this seems to be so e.g. in the USA, it may be reasoned in the not so broad "international" news sections as well as Americans don't seem to be interested what happens outside their homeland besides it is more than just tangented.

Quote:
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;