DC Shooting at Holocaust Museum

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 12:29 pm
So sad.

Quote:
Gunman, guard shot at D.C. Holocaust Museum
By David Jackson, USA TODAY
WASHINGTON " A gunman and a security officer were shot Wednesday at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in an incident that left panic-stricken visitors dashing for exits, authorities said.
U.S. Park Police spokesman Sgt. David Schlosser said the gunman and a security officer were taken to George Washington University Hospital. Their conditions weren't available.

Schlosser said that about 12:50 p.m., a man, "armed with a long gun" entered the museum and fired at a security guard.

Witnesses reported hearing at least five gunshots, CNN reported.

ON DEADLINE: Latest updates from the scene
Fire department spokesman Alan Etter told CNN a third person was hurt after being cut by broken glass.

The museum normally has a heavy security presence with guards positioned both inside and outside. All visitors are required to pass through metal detectors at the entrance, and bags are screened.

The museum, located just off the National Mall near the Washington Monument, is a popular tourist attraction. It draws about 1.7 million visitors each year.

Maria Hernandez, 19, of Manassas, Va., was in the lobby with her grandparents when she heard what she thought were "firecrackers."

"It was toward the entrance of the museum," she said. "I think it was someone trying to run through the metal detector."

She saw the guard bleeding on the floor, she said. "There was just chaos, panic. We were scared, shaking."

Roads surrounding the museum have been closed.

Sandy Perkins of Massachusetts said her daughter, Abigail, called her shortly after the shooting. The teen was on a school trip to the museum and told her mother students heard several shots before they were told to leave the building.

Abigail said some of her friends were very shaken, but all were otherwise fine, Sandy Perkins said.

The teens did not see where the shots were coming from.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-06-10-holocaust-museum-shooting_N.htm

Apparent'y he had white supremacist ties.

T
K
O

ebrown p

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 12:34 pm
Quote:
Apparent'y he had white supremacist ties.

At least he wasn't a terrorist.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 12:36 pm
Remember when the GOP got all hissy when DHS said that there might be a rise in right-wing extremism?

T
K
O
dyslexia

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 12:43 pm
@Diest TKO,
Diest TKO wrote:

Remember when the GOP got all hissy when DHS said that there might be a rise in right-wing extremism?

T
K
O
there's no such thing as "right-wing extremism" there are only patriots with guns cleaning up america.
Diest TKO

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 12:44 pm
@dyslexia,
Goddamn you're my favorite dys. Please never stop making me piss my pants laughing like the sinner I was born to be.

T
K
O
djjd62

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 12:54 pm
@Diest TKO,
truer words were never spoken

i'm interested in the gun used, my stance on guns makes clear allowances for long guns and shotguns, what i think of as hunting guns, since they are so seldom used in major crime (sawed off shotguns are a whole other case, they have been modified from their intended purpose)
Diest TKO

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 12:57 pm
@djjd62,
I'm sure details are to follow in the later hours of today.

When I read this though, my first thought wasn't guns, it was domestic terrorism and extremism.

T
K
O
0 Replies

dyslexia

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 12:58 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

truer words were never spoken

i'm interested in the gun used, my stance on guns makes clear allowances for long guns and shotguns, what i think of as hunting guns, since they are so seldom used in major crime (sawed off shotguns are a whole other case, they have been modified from their intended purpose)
latest news reports it was a rifle (not a shotgun)
farmerman

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 01:04 pm
@dyslexia,
Apparently the alleged shooter, A James von Brunn, had s erved 6 years in a Fed prison for a similar attack on a Fed Reserve Bldg. in 1981.
The guy is in his late 80's and was seen on security cameras just walking up to the entrance of the museum.

The guards are apparently not just "rent a cops" they are trained to protect.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 01:07 pm
From TPM:

Quote:
James Von Brunn: A Profile
By Zachary Roth - June 10, 2009, 2:59PM

On December 7, 1981 a man named James W. von Brunn pulled out a sawed-off shotgun at the Federal Reserve Board headquarters, claiming to have planted a bomb and threatening to take members of the Board hostage. That was 40 years to the day after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor, though it's unclear whether that's a coincidence or not.

Years later, he'd describe the entire incident somewhat differently.

In 1981 Von Brunn attempted to place the treasonous Federal Reserve Board of Governors under legal, non-violent, citizens arrest. He was tried in a Washington, D.C. Superior Court; convicted by a Negro jury, Jew/Negro attorneys, and sentenced to prison for eleven years by a Jew judge. A Jew/Negro/White Court of Appeals denied his appeal.

At the time of his sentencing in March, 1983, he was 63 years old. He ultimately served six and a half years in prison, which seemingly did nothing to change his extreme views on race. Almost 20 years after he was released, he stormed the secured entrance of the Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. with a shotgun and opened fire, wounding one guard. He was ultimately shot himself.

Von Brunn, apparently a World War II vet, has a long history of white supremacist writing. His book, "Kill The Best Gentiles" embraces Adolf Hitler's view that Jews concocted World War One as part of a scheme to stab Germany in the back--a myth the Nazis used to justify the Holocaust.

He also wrote an internet posting complaining that Obama's birth certificate and other documents have not been mad public.

In 2003, he claimed to have conducted an invesitgaiotn into the ethnic and religious background of Tommy Franks, the CENTCOM commander at the time, after some US troops were placed under British command in Iraq.

This March, he appears to have written the following email to a list serve complaining about the recent arrest of a Finnish man:

From: "James W. von Brunn" Subject: FW: Henrik Holappa arrested Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 10:15:08 -0400

Millions of low IQ non-whites are encouraged to illegally invade the USA .
They are provided sanctuary, jobs, health-care schooling, by those intent upon
destroying Western Civilization. Whereas, the subject of this email, Henrik
Holappa, the Finn, who has committed no illegal acts, is arrested and
incarcerated illegally by American agents in Marxist employ.

The Henrik Holappa atrocity is a metaphor for the ILLUMINATI conquest of
America: The ILLUMINATI, has captured America illegally, and is incarcerating
her NOW into a Global Zionist state.

Well informed patriots are ignoring the URGENCY, the extreme DANGER
confronting them. There is sparse time remaining. You must ACT NOW. KILL THE
ENEMY OR DIE IN THE GULAG !

He has written that his family is of German/Austrian extraction and settled in St. Louis in the mid 19th century. Here's the bio on his website:

In 1981 Von Brunn attempted to place the treasonous Federal Reserve Board of Governors under legal, non-violent, citizens arrest. He was tried in a Washington, D.C. Superior Court; convicted by a Negro jury, Jew/Negro attorneys, and sentenced to prison for eleven years by a Jew judge. A Jew/Negro/White Court of Appeals denied his appeal. He served 6.5 years in federal prison. (Read about von Brunn's "Federal Reserve Caper" HERE.) He is now an artist and author and lives on Maryland's Eastern Shore.

You can se one of his works of art here.

THIS POST WAS CO-WRITTEN BY BRIAN BEUTLER

Cycloptichorn
djjd62

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 01:11 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Shocked well he seems like a reasonable fellow
farmerman

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 02:04 pm
@djjd62,
Apparently the web site of both he and Buehler are almost locked up by traffic.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 02:05 pm
Ferris Beuler . . . did he screw up on his day off?
farmerman

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 02:15 pm
@Setanta,
no, its an aparent associate of von Brunn. He was a cowriter of several of the pieces on von Brunns blog. actually it was a dude named Brian Buetler. whathefuckever
0 Replies

JPB

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 02:16 pm
I just saw an unconfirmed report that the guard died from his wounds.

farmerman

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 02:27 pm
@JPB,
damn, It was a shotgun. This guy must have expected to go down in a gunfight.
Merry Andrew

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:03 pm
@JPB,
NPR reports that that's official now. The guard died.
JPB

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:04 pm
@Merry Andrew,
thoughts to his family and loved ones.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:16 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

NPR reports that that's official now. The guard died.
I think he is also african-american, perhaps jewish or catholic, maybe even part hispanic. He was freakin' doomed. This land was made for white protestants.
Merry Andrew

Wed 10 Jun, 2009 03:21 pm
@dyslexia,
Quote:
This land was made for white protestants.

This land is your land, this land is my land
From California to the New York island,
From the redwood forests to the Gulf-stream waters
This land was made for you and me.
0 Replies