Hell on Earth? The Holocaust on the Big Screen....

Wed 24 Feb, 2016 08:46 am
Watched Son of Saul (2015) yesterday after work. It was obviously disturbing and heartbreaking to witness. Couldn't help but feel soul crushed at the end.

Even the glitches of the projected film's obvious wear and tear on the cinema screen added to the affect.

So? Which feature length film or theatrically released documentary best described the living hell that was the Nazi driven World War II holocaust?

snood

Wed 24 Feb, 2016 09:08 am
@tsarstepan,
Oh lordy. I read the IMDB summary. I'm not sure I can watch something that dark right now, but thanks for the reference. Life is Beautiful is a holocaust movie that captures the indomitable human spirit.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118799/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Hey tsarstepan, how do you substitute your own words for the characters in a link, as you did with your link above?
djjd62

Wed 24 Feb, 2016 09:18 am
@snood,
Hell on Earth? The Holocaust on the Big Screen....

Code:[url=http://able2know.org/reply/post-6132823]Hell on Earth? The Holocaust on the Big Screen....[/url]
0 Replies

parados

Wed 24 Feb, 2016 09:18 am
@snood,
Use the url tag
[url=yoururl.com]What you want to say[/url]

Life is Beautiful at IMDB

Use the quote function to see how I changed your link to Life is Beautiful.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Wed 24 Feb, 2016 09:20 am
Years ago, I poured over holocaust photos and stories, as well as the Killing Fields and other atrocities. My heart and brain were seared for life. I can't watch any more.
0 Replies

djjd62

Wed 24 Feb, 2016 09:21 am
@tsarstepan,
the documentary Night Will fall is haunting, but very interesting

Night Will Fall
0 Replies

parados

Wed 24 Feb, 2016 01:54 pm
@tsarstepan,
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas doesn't deal so much with the hell but the willingness to submit to the ignorance about what was happening.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 24 Feb, 2016 01:59 pm
Was just remembering my trip to the holocaust museum in DC. Very deeply affecting. The enormous piles of actual shoes and other articles of clothing collected before forcing people into ovens. The recreated accounts read by hologram actors. You get a true sense of the otherworldly level of insane horror that was perpetrated.
panzade

Fri 26 Feb, 2016 04:36 am
@snood,
It's a great organization, that museum.
I had the pleasure of communicating with the curator when we donated the paperwork that allowed my grandparents to escape Vienna for Argentina in 1938.
The Gestapo's ruthless shakedown is chilling to read and it deserves to be available for future generations to come.
0 Replies