The Government In Charge of Our Entire Health-Care System?

Miller

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 03:00 pm
Mame wrote:
And as far as why these non-traditional forms of medicine are not covered by MSP, I put the blame squarely on the College of Physicians and Surgeons. They don't want competition; in addition, they are 'scientists' and distrust anything not proven by a lab.

So are you saying they're against a therapy such a physical therapy?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 03:00 pm
Miller wrote:
The only one that is questionable may be naturopathic medicine.

Most, if not all, compulsary health insurances pay for that (at least partly).

Private insurers of course completely.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 03:02 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Miller wrote:

Are you talking about Canada?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 03:04 pm
Miller wrote:
Question

<sigh>

Okay.

Not everybody has a car. Therefore, not everybody needs an auto insurance. Those who do drive a car are supposed to have a car insurance.

But everybody has a body. Therefore, it would seem that everybody should be supposed to have health insurance.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 03:05 pm
old europe, Everybody may have a body, but there's a big question about the "brain."
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 03:05 pm
old europe wrote:
So, Miller, you're the expert: would you say that the United States currently have a universal health care system?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 03:07 pm
Miller wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Miller wrote:

Are you talking about Canada?

No. And I didn't notice that you referred with your above quoted response to the Canadian situation.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 03:07 pm
Mame wrote:
Canada is backwards in some regards, that's for sure.

For example, a naturopath is not covered under the provincial medical plan, nor are midwives (to my knowledge), accupuncturists, certain chiropractitioners, massage therapists, etc... But what's really mind-boggling is neither are mental health practitioners - can you believe that mental disorders are not covered under the medical system?

I would rather go to someone practising alternative and/or preventative medicine than a conventionally-trained doctor; unfortunately, if I have no money, I have no choice.

Walter, this is the post that mentions that naturopathy is not covered by insurance in Canada. Confused
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 07:42 pm
old europe wrote:
Miller wrote:
She does however, doubt that the United States of America played any significant role in medical history.

No. maporsche was asking for examples that the US were the "leader in medical progress."

There's no doubt that the United States are playing a significant role. But so is South Africa.

Miller wrote:
More to follow.

Oh yes, please. Keep up the good work.

You know, that will totally convince people that nobody needs universal health care. Most definitely.

Thank you for pointing out her strawman. I never said what she claims I did, nor do I feel that way.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 07:45 pm
old europe wrote:
Miller wrote:
Question

<sigh>

Okay.

Not everybody has a car. Therefore, not everybody needs an auto insurance. Those who do drive a car are supposed to have a car insurance.

But everybody has a body. Therefore, it would seem that everybody should be supposed to have health insurance.

That isn't what you wrote the first time, is it? You said "a health"... Mad
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 07:49 pm
Miller wrote:

Oh, I'm very sorry.

Well, what did you think I could have possibly meant, hm?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 07:50 pm
old europe wrote:

No. maporsche was asking for examples that the US were the "leader in medical progress."

Well now was maporsche asking for examples that the US was the leader in medical progress or not??
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 07:52 pm
maporsche wrote:
old europe wrote:
Miller wrote:
She does however, doubt that the United States of America played any significant role in medical history.

There's no doubt that the United States are playing a significant role. But so is South Africa.

Miller wrote:
More to follow.

You know, that will totally convince people that nobody needs universal health care. Most definitely.

Thank you for pointing out her strawman. I never said what she claims I did, nor do I feel that way.

old europa was the one who said you said this...... Cool
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 07:54 pm
Miller wrote:
Well now was maporsche asking for examples that the US was the leader in medical progress or not??

Miller wrote:

asking for examples that the US was the leader in medical progress Not Equal doubting that the US played any significant role in medical history
0 Replies

Miller

old europe wrote:
Miller wrote:

Oh, I'm very sorry.

Well, what did you think I could have possibly meant, hm?

I have no idea what you could have meant, as your English isn't very clear, very often .

"A health"? I have no idea what that means.
0 Replies

maporsche

Miller wrote:
maporsche wrote:
old europe wrote:
Miller wrote:

Miller wrote:
More to follow.

Where?

You said I said something I never said. OE pointed that out.

Are you having problems?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 07:55 pm
old europe wrote:
Miller wrote:

Miller wrote:

asking for examples that the US was the leader in medical progress Not Equal doubting that the US played any significant role in medical history

Your conclusion...not mine!
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 07:56 pm
old europe wrote:
Miller wrote:

Miller wrote:

WOW, She's thickheaded tonight isn't she.

I wonder if her insurance would cover the treatment.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 07:56 pm
maporsche wrote:
Miller wrote:
maporsche wrote:
old europe wrote:
Miller wrote:

Miller wrote:
More to follow.

Where?

You said I said something I never said. OE pointed that out.

Are you having problems?

OE said: "maporsche was asking for examples that the US were the "leader in medical progress.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Mon 6 Aug, 2007 07:57 pm
maporsche wrote:
old europe wrote:
Miller wrote:

Miller wrote:

WOW, She's thickheaded tonight isn't she.

I wonder if her insurance would cover the treatment.

You can't remember what you said, as repeated by old europa.
0 Replies