The Government In Charge of Our Entire Health-Care System?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 09:48 am
I'm covered by my compulsary health insurence (and additionally by a private travel health insurance) when I'm in the USA.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 10:17 am
McGentrix wrote:
Horrible, horrible place that America. Makes me wonder why so many want to to live in such a **** hole. It obviously is a death trap and you can almost bet that your baby will die there and if not, you will go bankrupt keep it alive.

So many other countries are far superior to America, especially those in Europe, I just can't figure out why any European would even bother visiting, much less choosing to live there. I am amazed that Europeans even bother writing about the place as run-down and unhealthy as it is. Just another back water, filled with hicks and yokels barely able to eek out a living killing swamp rats.

Oh sure. It is probably better to state, in a very clear and understandable way, that America is simply the best country in the world. That there's nothing there that could possibly be improved. In fact, even if there might be room for improvement, it is certainly not permissible to look at how other countries are dealing with exactly the same problem or, heaven forbid, to even learn from them.

No. That would be clearly unAmerican. That would betray the Founding Fathers. What good would the Boston Tea Party have been if you would now look at the British health care system? And what would have been the point of all those victories in the Spanish-American War, or of defeating Nazi Germany, if you now were to compare American health care with the models of Spain or Germany? Dropping the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? All in vain, if you would now start wondering why the Japanese have a higher life expectancy than Americans.

Thanks for bringing this into the discussion, McGentrix.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 11:46 am
No problem. If all you see is doom and gloom then that's all you see.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 11:52 am
McGentrix wrote:
If all you see is doom and gloom then that's all you see.

I don't. But I understand your concern. After all, if you don't stand for anything, you don't stand for anything!
0 Replies