Indications are that we'll win, but there's one little thing

blatham

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2007 06:43 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
blatham wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I don't know, for me the voice of Dennis Kocinich is like nails on a blackboard and he's a guy...isn't he?

Ditto Harry Reid. Looking and listening to him makes my hair hurt as I marvel that somehow the Dems have discovered the secrets of Dr. Moreau and did their best work on a toad.

You know, without all of deliberate and concerted efforts to cast Newt Gingrich as Satan's spawn, you might feel entirely different about him.

Gingrich. How could anyone hold anything other than deep respect for the man, for his integrity and most particularly, for the quality of 'character'. I recall in 1996 his appearance on Meet The Press where he observed that the Clintons and their staffs were throwbacks to the 1960s counterculture - immoral, self-indulgent, irresponsible, perverse, not really to be trusted. And after that appearance (or the next day or the day after that) Newt ejaculated into or onto the House staffer, 20 years his junior, with whom he was having an on-going affair while his wife was in the hospital.

So, the media attacks against Gingrich are accurate while those against Hilary are not?

This sort of bullshite notion is precisely why, despite whatever claim you may lay to impartial rationality, you will ever be seen, essentially, as a partisan hack.

Hilary is a victim of the media, but Newt didn't get blasted enough. Right?

Do you expect me to respond to a post that is this uncareful in thought?
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 08:49 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Can't we agree that they both suck?

Cycloptichorn

Evidently Hillary didn't, and that is what caused Bill's troubles.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 3 Aug, 2007 10:56 pm
blatham wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
blatham wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I don't know, for me the voice of Dennis Kocinich is like nails on a blackboard and he's a guy...isn't he?

Ditto Harry Reid. Looking and listening to him makes my hair hurt as I marvel that somehow the Dems have discovered the secrets of Dr. Moreau and did their best work on a toad.

You know, without all of deliberate and concerted efforts to cast Newt Gingrich as Satan's spawn, you might feel entirely different about him.

Gingrich. How could anyone hold anything other than deep respect for the man, for his integrity and most particularly, for the quality of 'character'. I recall in 1996 his appearance on Meet The Press where he observed that the Clintons and their staffs were throwbacks to the 1960s counterculture - immoral, self-indulgent, irresponsible, perverse, not really to be trusted. And after that appearance (or the next day or the day after that) Newt ejaculated into or onto the House staffer, 20 years his junior, with whom he was having an on-going affair while his wife was in the hospital.

So, the media attacks against Gingrich are accurate while those against Hilary are not?

This sort of bullshite notion is precisely why, despite whatever claim you may lay to impartial rationality, you will ever be seen, essentially, as a partisan hack.

Hilary is a victim of the media, but Newt didn't get blasted enough. Right?

Do you expect me to respond to a post that is this uncareful in thought?

I don't expect anything from you blatham.
0 Replies

pstewart

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 06:15 pm
snood wrote:
HokieBird wrote:
So we'll have a Republican president in '08?

If what I say ends up being true - that we aren't ready as a country for a black or woman prez, and that the Dems will still put up Hill or Barack, yes, I think so (horrible as the prospect is to me).

I have no idea who the next president will be, but I think it will largely be decided not by who raises the most money, not by sexism or racism, not by party affiliation, but by whether Mayor Bloomberg runs as an independent. He's got tons of cash, a desire to be president, and has lots of time to decide. He was a democrat before changing to republican just so he could run on their ticket, and now calls himself an independent. So, who will he take more votes from? That's hard to say now, but if he does get into the race, he will certainly be a spoiler and harm one candidate more than the other. Remember that Bush1 lost his second term because Perot got a remarkable 20% of the vote! Not saying whether that was good or bad, just that it happened.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 7 Aug, 2007 07:55 pm
Where is the old Ross Perot that wanted to look under the hood and fix it? I just had a thought. Did somebody pay that guy to do what he did, or did he just have an old grudge with Bush1 ? I think the media manufactured the guy's credibility, otherwise he would have had none. Did the Clintonistas / Democratic machine team up on that? I have to think it was some of that, whether it was planned and organized, I doubt, but who knows?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 06:09 am
okie wrote:
Where is the old Ross Perot that wanted to look under the hood and fix it? I just had a thought. Did somebody pay that guy to do what he did, or did he just have an old grudge with Bush1 ? I think the media manufactured the guy's credibility, otherwise he would have had none. Did the Clintonistas / Democratic machine team up on that? I have to think it was some of that, whether it was planned and organized, I doubt, but who knows?

Perhaps it might be time to reflect on that bit in red. After all, you've arrived at thesis about as compelling as a John Birch sanctified ceremony for interracial wedding services. For example, "who knows whether Nader's campaign was planned and organized by the Bushofascists?"
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:25 am
blatham wrote:
okie wrote:

Perhaps it might be time to reflect on that bit in red. After all, you've arrived at thesis about as compelling as a John Birch sanctified ceremony for interracial wedding services. For example, "who knows whether Nader's campaign was planned and organized by the Bushofascists?"

I'm sorry, didn't you just post a conspiracy theory in a different thread contending that somehow the "Bushofascists" edited a Pearl Jam song being broadcast over the Internet?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:36 am
McGentrix wrote:
blatham wrote:
okie wrote:

I'm sorry, didn't you just post a conspiracy theory in a different thread contending that somehow the "Bushofascists" edited a Pearl Jam song being broadcast over the Internet?

No.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:52 am
Huh. Then what was this?

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2801377#2801377
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:55 am

Did you post the correct link, McG?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:56 am
I'm not all that confident that you can read, McG.

Naturally, that means you probably won't understand this comment either.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 08:58 am
In that case, Cylo, it really could have been the correct link ...
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 09:04 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Did you click it to find out?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 09:14 am
McGentrix wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Did you click it to find out?

Yes. And this response came:
http://i13.tinypic.com/4kne0yu.jpg

The link in it ...
http://i9.tinypic.com/6h41wsw.jpg
..-neither referred to what
you wrote:
that somehow the "Bushofascists" edited a Pearl Jam song being broadcast over the Internet
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 09:36 am
Are you now swimming in the same waters as the rest of us, McG?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 12:31 pm
Holy ****, I can't believe you guys are stumbling over each others dicks like this...

Let me quote the entire article for you because obviously you didn't read it, or if you did, you did so with your liberal tinted glasses on...

"AT&T blocks Pearl Jam's Bush slam

Anyone who was at Sunday's Pearl Jam (The band name in case you missed it) show closing the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago would have seen the band in a political mood. Eddie Vedder invited an injured Iraq war soldier up to the stage and called on the audience to work for peace in the Middle East. And in the middle of a performance of "Daughter," Vedder sang "George Bush, leave this world alone" and "George Bush find yourself another home" to the tune of "Another Brick in the Wall."

But if you were at home listening to the show on the Webcast being provided by AT&T (webcasts are usually done over the internet), you would have missed those lines. As the band writes on its site, the Web transmission cut out the protest lines. AT&T says its monitor did so by mistake -- what a strangely precise and politically convenient mistake!(Who could they possibly be referring to?)

The band says the company's actions highlight the need for action on "network neutrality" -- the fight for regulations prohibiting broadband firms from making decisions about what content is and is not allowed on their networks. AT&T is currently fighting network neutrality, helping the NSA spy on Americans, (do you guys think they are referring to liberals here, or the usual badguys in liberal media, the "Bushofascists"?) and developing a way for Hollywood to police the Internet.

In a press release, Gigi Sohn, the president of the consumer advocacy group Public Knowledge, says:

How can we trust a company that promises not to interfere with content on the Internet when it has its corporate finger on the button to cut off political criticisms it doesn't like? The admitted censoring of a Pearl Jam performance is just one more reason why content should be protected against the actions of a company looking out for itself, rather than for consumers and the free flow of information over the Internet.... We hope the FCC and Congress take note. "

I have added notes for the liberally challenged amongst you. Beyond this, I can not help you remove the liberal tint you see in media.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2007 09:28 pm
There are two possible explanations, McG, to the response you have received to your question:

"I'm sorry, didn't you just post a conspiracy theory in a different thread contending that somehow the "Bushofascists" edited a Pearl Jam song being broadcast over the Internet?"

1) blatham & Co are pulling your leg. "Are you going to believe me or your lying eyes?" As the old joke goes.

2) blatham & Co are parsing your question with exquisite precision and finding it possible to answer in the negative. After all, neither blatham nor the article blames "Bushofascists." AT&T is an evil entity unto itself and while resembling the Bush Administration in its wicked goals and means, it actions are entirely independent and therefore can not be collected with others to form a conspiracy or, necessarily, fall under the heading of "Busho-fascism."

I vote for #2
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 11 Aug, 2007 07:11 am
finn and McG can be glimpsed high above rustling through the forest as walter, cyclo, blatham and Burt Reynolds canoe the river below.

In a last, likely futile, effort to dimish black/white high stupidhood...

First, I wrote "Bushofascists" to encourage okie to get a bit of a clue that his "Clintonistas" is neither sharp nor funny nor revelatory nor interesting. "Poopy-pants" would do as well. And the silly sentence it sits in was a mirror reflection of his silly sentence.

Quote:
AT&T says its monitor did so by mistake -- what a strangely precise and politically convenient mistake! (Who could they possibly be referring to?)

As the writer surmised, and as AT and T has now acknowledged, the "offensive" or "inappropriate" remarks re the president WERE purposefully deleted by content monitors. It wasn't, in other words, a chance mistake. It was censorship of political speech critical of Bush.

Then there is that McG bit in blue, which is really just a repeat of the suggestion in his earlier posts (along with finn's concrete-cranium post) that the writer (and I) have the "who" as Bushies. As cyclo and walter attempted to point out, that implication is not explicit nor implicit in what the writer said nor in what I said.

The exact set of motives and or directives which led to this censorship of political speech are not clear. We don't know if the AT and T spokesman is now speaking truthfully or not. Initially, he/she was not. We don't know what was in the noggins of these "monitors" nor what instructions they were operating under. I didn't imply answers to these unknowns nor did the writer.

All that we pointed to was the FACT of censorship of political speech critical of the president. However this fact comes to be, it is clearly antipathetic to open, democratic governance and constitutional liberties. Censoring "inappropriate sexuality" or censoring violence in broadcasts is one matter, open to reasoned argument. Censoring political speech because it is critical of those in power has no justification in a free, non-authoritarian state.

It is entirely possible that a similar decision might be made under a Dem president. If so, it would be no less authoritarian and contrary to constitutional and liberty principles. It is the fact of such censorship which is of primary importance even if there is a compelling argument to be made that this particular adminstration is uniquely egregious in its minimal respect for open speech and an informed citizenry.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 02:48 am
Here is an interesting article about Hillary.
It seems the dems dont have the love and adoration for her that many on here do.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,,-6844976,00.html

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) - Looking past the presidential nomination fight, Democratic leaders quietly fret that Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton at the top of their 2008 ticket could hurt candidates at the bottom.

They say the former first lady may be too polarizing for much of the country. She could jeopardize the party's standing with independent voters and give Republicans who otherwise might stay home on Election Day a reason to vote, they worry.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 07:45 pm
Another interesting article about Hillary.

Apparently she made a "mistake" in announcing her fundraising for the first quarter...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/13/us/politics/13donate.html?ei=5090&en=29ca444b7cc5e577&ex=1344657600&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=print

Quote:
0 Replies