Are the presidential election results real? Or simply a simulation?

oristarA

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 01:42 am
@oristarA,
AP: Trump is elected 45th president in historic upset

Yeah, upsetting, disgusting!
giujohn

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 03:33 am
@oristarA,
Do you honestly believe the people of the United States were stupid enough to elect a criminal as president? I for one am glad to see the the beginning of the end for the Clinton crime family.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 04:41 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
Who saw this coming?

I was the first to realize that a decisive Republican victory would occur in 2016.

Hawkeye was the first to see that Trump would be our next president. I didn't realize it until last February. I don't remember when Hawkeye first saw the Trump revolution coming, but I know that when it finally dawned on me, he had been talking of it for awhile.

I was the first to realize that the Trump revolution will be so decisive that the Republicans will now control the White House for the next 20 years.

April 20, 2013:
http://able2know.org/topic/212871-2#post-5307952
Oralloy wrote:
Obama just blew all of his political capital in this futile assault against the NRA, and now he's got nothing left to do anything at all with his second term.
Oralloy wrote:
after four years of an ineffective do-nothing presidency, the voters are going to put a Republican in the White House in 2016.

February 9, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/309762-2#post-6123152
Oralloy wrote:
Chris Christie will go down in history as the man who made Trump president. Rubio was the only one who had enough appeal to both conservatives and moderates to allow him to beat Trump.

February 14, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/309762-5#post-6125874
Oralloy wrote:
It's going to be worse for the Democrats than for the Republicans. Trump is going to reshape the Republican Party to fit his views, but I'm upping my electoral predictions now to say that the Republicans are guaranteed to win the next five presidential elections.

February 16, 2016
http://able2know.org/topic/309762-6#post-6127450
Oralloy wrote:
Let's compare notes after each of the next five elections. Maybe I'll be wrong. It's happened before. But I've also been right before. We'll see.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 09:41 am
@oristarA,
Nate Silver is looking awfully good today. He warned about this last week.
oristarA

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 09:44 am
@maxdancona,
Someone from Chicago said that the final, official results of the election won't be certified for weeks or months.

I wonder whether Trump can be counted as officially certified 45th president of the United States.
maporsche

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 09:55 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
I wonder whether Trump can be counted as officially certified 45th president of the United States.

He won't be president until he's sworn in come January.

If is officially the president elect though. No changing that now.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 10:02 am
@oristarA,
Trump will be the next president. What is happening now is what happens every election.

I don't know what you mean as "officially certified". There are a few more steps, but the voters have spoken and the rest is just a formality.

Trump will be our next president.

McGentrix

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 10:06 am
@oristarA,
Clinton conceded which means the election is over. The rest is just paperwork. Trump is the President elect now.
fbaezer

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 10:29 am
glujohn is for the record of thumbs down on a2k.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
oristarA

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 10:31 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Clinton conceded which means the election is over. The rest is just paperwork. Trump is the President elect now.

I wonder a legal question.

Supposed there is a magic wand and a week later, the granddaughter of Trump accidentally waves it and her grandpa vanishes into thin air and nowhere can be found. Who would be the next president then?
maporsche

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 10:36 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

McGentrix wrote:

I wonder a legal question.

Supposed there is a magic wand and a week later, the granddaughter of Trump accidentally waves it and her grandpa vanishes into thin air and nowhere can be found. Who would be the next president then?

The even worse Mike Pence.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 10:36 am
@oristarA,
It would be Trumps VP, Pence would be President.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 10:37 am
@oristarA,
Mike Pence (the vice-president elect) would almost certainly become the president-elect.

The Republicans chose the electors who will make the formal vote for the states that Trump won. They chose electors that all strongly support Donald Trump. It is technically possible that the electoral college might choose to do something else. That would be extremely unlikely and if they did, they would choose another Republican anyway.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 10:43 am
Am I not a lefty, Baldimo?

All I am saying is that Trump doesn't represent a majority of Americans.

0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 11:46 am
@fbaezer,
fbaezer wrote:

glujohn is for the record of thumbs down on a2k.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes sir I believe I am and I wear that badge proudly it occurred this morning when I went into the thread what made you smile today and I posted president Donald Trump
maxdancona

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 12:03 pm
@giujohn,
I am doing my best to compete John...
giujohn

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 12:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Lol...ok then!
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 12:23 pm
Science is among leading factors that have made America great.

And Trump's presidency will be a disaster for American science.

Because he has been an anti-science clown in the eyes of American scientific community.

Quote:
Scientists And Doctors Are Freaking Out About A President Trump

They’re scared about climate change, biomedical research funding, and a general backlash against the “elite,” among other things. “I feel sick to my stomach,” one scientist told BuzzFeed News.

The scientific community shifted into a collective panic on Tuesday night, as election results rolled in indicating that Donald Trump would beat out Hillary Clinton.
Trump has taken many anti-science stances, most notably claiming that climate change is a “hoax”, “bullshit,” and invented by the Chinese.
In September, 375 leading scientists, including 30 Nobel laureates, signed an open letter slamming Trump’s stance on climate change and his suggestion that the US walk away from the Paris climate agreement.
“He’s almost certainly going to dial back any progress we’ve been [making] on climate change — which affects everybody in the world, and is just going to be a complete disaster,” Katie Mack, an astrophysicist at Melbourne University, told BuzzFeed News.
Someone hold me
— Ethan Weiss (@ethanjweiss)
I'm going to be an absolute mess tomorrow. #ElectionNight
— Atul Butte (@atulbutte)
Biomedical researchers — in both industry and academia — are also concerned.
Trump has repeatedly pushed the myth that vaccines cause autism, for example, and once ran a company selling questionable “customized” vitamins.
“I feel sick to my stomach,” a research director of a small biotech focused on autism therapies told BuzzFeed News. That US stock futures began to plummet Tuesday night, he said, shows how scared investors are.
“What Donald Trump brings to the United States is uncertainty, which is going to result in a dramatic restriction of money that can be invested in innovation,” the scientist, who did not want to use his name for fear of professional backlash, told BuzzFeed News. “A win from Donald Trump jeopardizes our ability to work towards new medicines to help families.”
The vast majority of academic researchers are funded by the federal government, with most biomedical work supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Although historically this funding has received bipartisan support, some worry that that could change under Trump.
“I’m extremely worried,” Eric Topol, a cardiologist and genetics researcher at the Scripps Research Institute who just received a $207 million grant from the federal Precision Medicine Initiative, told BuzzFeed News. “Hard to know how it will play out but NIH funding and biomedical research in general would be at risk.”
“Dramatic tax cuts will hurt research in a big way for sure,” added Jonathan Sebat, a genetics researcher at the University of California, San Diego. “The real question is how is the economy going to handle the inevitable instability that will come when Trump begins to dismantle the existing economic policies.”
Trump has also promised to add an anti-abortion justice to the Supreme Court, and his running mate, Mike Pence, had a long history of anti-abortion policy in his home state of Indiana.
Do you guys know what an illegal abortion looks like? I do. I'm scared
— Jennifer Gunter (@DrJenGunter)
@whereisdaz @virginiahughes I'm not capable of coherent thought. Nor can I type without shaking.
— Sarah McKay (@SarahMMcKay)

“You’re talking about an individual who is not informed by data, whether it’s from climate change or anything else, and is poorly read,” Evan Snyder, a stem cell biologist at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute in La Jolla, California, told BuzzFeed News. “So clearly science is not a priority for him.”
Beyond Trump’s specific policies, Snyder also worries about a backlash from triumphant Trump supporters against scientists who overwhelmingly opposed their candidate. “Inevitably there will be a backlash,” he said. “We had our clock cleaned. We consider ourselves to be better than the rest of the country and they showed us.”
Although a handful of scientists have supported Trump publicly, they’re definitely rare.
For scientists surrounded by like-minded colleagues who expected Trump to lose, the prospect that he may win is bewildering and scary.
“I have never once been in a meeting where Trump has been taken seriously, or has been viewed as anything but a buffoon,” Snyder said.
Numb. Family sitting in silence. Existential crisis. Questioning career choice.
— Stephen Floor (@stephenfloor)

Baldimo

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 01:40 pm
@oristarA,
Did you see the markets? Dow is up 250 points, it seems investors disagree with some of the these scientists political opinions.
ossobucotemp

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2016 02:39 pm
@oristarA,
Thanks for the good article link. Very scary.
0 Replies