Look at the bright side of bathrooms per gender ID

Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 09:56 am
Instead of the negatives of using whatever bathroom you identify with or could feel at a whim that you would ID with. Or instead of being scared that perverted men will seek into women's bathrooms for peeking purposes, I see certain benefits of these.

Please add your own to this list.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 18 • Views: 5,402 • Replies: 105

Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 09:59 am
@Linkat,
Mine first - when you attend an event and the women's room has a mile long line and no line at the men's room - you suddenly identify with being a male. I see it making my life better.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 10:01 am
@Linkat,
Maybe because it's a particularly weird Monday and my brain is acting glitchy, I'm not following what you're asking here. I'll sit back and let others add their options to the list. Maybe, I'd get it after one or two posts.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 10:05 am
@Linkat,
I can't see any upside to gendered washrooms/bathrooms.

I prefer going to venues where the facilities are not gender-specific. It might slow things down for guys but overall it speeds things up. Everyone just moves through, does what they need to do, and gets going.
Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 10:07 am
@tsarstepan,
To help you - just a copy of some things that are out there ---

"Gender Identity" Protections
("Bathroom Bills")

Various localities, states, and the federal government are being urged to expand the protected categories under existing civil rights laws to bar "discrimination" in employment, housing, and/or public accommodations on the basis of "gender identity." "Gender identity" is typically described as "a gender-related identity, appearance, expression, or behavior of an individual regardless of the individual's assigned sex at birth." These bills would provide special protections for "transgender" individuals--an umbrella category that includes transsexuals (people who have had "sex-change" surgery), transvestites (cross-dressers), "drag queens" and "drag kings" (people who cross-dress for entertainment purposes only). Among the implications of these bills is that the use of sex-specific facilities, such as men's and women's public restrooms, locker rooms, and showers, could no longer be limited on the basis of a person's actual biological sex. As a result, these bills have been dubbed "Bathroom Bills."
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 10:08 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I prefer going to venues where the facilities are not gender-specific. It might slow things down for guys but overall it speeds things up. Everyone just moves through, does what they need to do, and gets going.

Many bars in NYC have gender neutral restrooms due to the small size of the spaces. No problems there that I've noticed.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 10:09 am
@ehBeth,
It is an upside (for those not afraid to switch over when it becomes necessary) - because if we allow anyone use a gender specific bathroom if they say they identify with a particular gender - then those that are afraid of mixing things up do not get the benefit of using the opposite bathroom when lines are very long and you really need to go.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 10:12 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

To help you - just a copy of some things that are out there ---

"Gender Identity" Protections
("Bathroom Bills")

I get that part. And I share the vitriol against these bigoted states, hence my own thread on the subject. I'm just having a difficult time waking up today. I was just slow on the list building exercise in your original post.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 10:16 am
@Linkat,
Those folks don't like ungendered bathrooms so it's a win-win. We get to go faster and they have to wait to go home (or best case, they stay home forever).
maxdancona

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 10:32 am
@Linkat,
Quote:
Or instead of being scared that perverted men will seek into women's bathrooms for peeking purposes, I see certain benefits of these.

I don't get it. Are these benefits to the perverted men themselves?
Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 10:51 am
@ehBeth,
exactly - it came to me - this is great - no longer waiting in line for hours (at least that what it seems like) - you can easily identify with being a male for 10 minutes --- and voila you are relieved much more quickly.

And for those who were always curious as to what the other bathroom may look like - here you go.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 10:52 am
@maxdancona,
the other benefits - of being able to use a men's room if a woman or a women's room if a man.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 06:14 pm
I would like to fast forward to one of the lady restrooms, with stalls, where a transgender male is in a stall, sitting to urinate, and the sound of the urinating is not a delicate tinkle, but a veritable Niagara Falls. Now envision a young daughter asking her mother what that sound is. At this point, the mother might handle it delicately for the stall's occupant, or make reference to her opinion, that might be less than accepting. I think this could then be an example of a transgendered male being hoisted on his own petard.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 07:38 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
lady restrooms,

a veritable Niagara Falls.

that is how it sounds now

there's rarely delicate tinkling
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 07:46 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie....

You do know that women are human beings, right? They urinate, and some of them even fart.

Most kids aren't traumatized by bathroom noises. Were you?

Linkat

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2016 08:25 pm
@maxdancona,
I once heard grunting and another time snoring in the ladies room at work.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 06:23 am
This thread has become (unintentionally, but nonetheless) fricking hilarious.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 06:55 am
@snood,
Thank Foofie for that, Snood.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 07:02 am
Thank you, Foofie!
Miller

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 12:46 pm
@Linkat,
Many men's public bathrooms have only urinals and lack toilets for the guys to use. Now, you're the female and you've entered the men's JOHN and all of a sudden, you notice there aren't any toilets for either you or your daughters to use.

Do you know how to use a male urinal? Will you be willing to squat before a male urinal, in front of about 10-15 males in a public facility, such as those, one might find at the Pats' games in FoxBoro?

One way around this, is to always carry a plastic bed pan in your purse together with a little tent. Then when the NEED arises to urinate, you can enter the men's room and if need be, you can put up your tiny tent and situate yourself inside the tent with your plastic urinal. Be sure you carry a roll of toilet paper...