Are We Ready For a Woman President? Really?

maxdancona

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 10:25 pm
Quote:
The claim I am making is very simple. I believe that race is a far more important factor than gender in whether a person has physical security or economic power or political power.

The facts are that race is a far greater impact on salary (white women earn more than black men) and on incarceration rates (many more black men are in jail than white women) and on victimization rates for violent crime (black men are far more likely to be victims than white women).

If you could make a rational argument to dispute, or to support, this single claim, I would appreciate it.

I would still appreciate a rational response to this.
momoends

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 10:34 pm
@maxdancona,
You are the only one who is focused on WHITE women in particular wealthy WHITE WOMEN the rest of us just doesnt exist at all it seems... Women discrimination has been a constant for two long.... And having a tantrum over who should be the one receiving more attention cause people have been so cruel with me and .... Bla bla black men (not black people, black MEN) are discriminated agaisnt so much more than WHITE RICH WOMEN .... Those priviledged bitches! In fact, i agree with you, they are in fact treated better than i am, and so much more protected and taken care of and.... How dare they claim women are discrimated?!!! Bitches!!! Hahhaahhahaa ok, ablation? You have heard about it?
momoends

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 10:39 pm
@maxdancona,
You keep talking about white women, accomodated white women in fact.... Cant give a rational response to a irrational question..... Your constant obsession on white women is getting to psychotic levels.... Its disturbing
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 10:44 pm
@maxdancona,
You might be the only person who thinks it's not as important. I don't believe nor have I ever said that I think or know about some ranking system that attaches a level of importance to all forms of social injustice in order to say one is more important than another. That is what you seem to believe. Maybe you should send yourself an explanation, because I suspect you truly think others believe that nonsense you keep repeating.

Since you are the only who ever makes statements that gender is taken more seriously than race by 'somebody', you might post somewhere where people
actually state such nonsense. I don't know anyone here who can entertain that supposition as if it was a serious question.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 11:27 pm
@momoends,
White women have been part of the system of entitlement, colonialism and slavery. White women owned slaves and benefited economically from slavery. There are historical records of White women raping slaves. These facts seem to be ignored because they don't fit the political narrative.

Suffragettes directly opposed civil rights for African-Americans. Some of them said things that were undeniably examples of White Supremacy. To lump this all together in some big umbrella of social justice is ludicrous given this history.

White Women (along with men) are part of an economic and political system that benefits them by oppressing others. Yet this narrative isn't important any more. The oppression that benefited White women is far worse than than the oppression they faced. White women were part of the system that was lynching Black men... as a matter of fact politically powerful White woman called for lynching. Does the fact that they couldn't vote really compare to this?

Yes, I am absolutely saying that slavery, with its brutality abuse and murder, is a far greater injustice than the lack of a right to vote. Is that a ranking... sure.

I am objecting to the political revisionism.

Feminism still has a problem with multi-culturalism. There is no easy answer to these issues... and that is my point. The simplistic ideology being expressed in this thread doesn't match with reality.

momoends

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 11:36 pm
@maxdancona,
We are talking about women discrimination if you want to talk about why you hate and obsessed about white women open your own thread.
Somebody should alert somebody about you and your mental health.... Im getting seriously concerned now
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 11:37 pm
@maxdancona,
Just an aside (because I am honestly curious)...

Momends and Glitterbag, do you agree that when White women had sex with the slaves they controlled that this is an example of rape?

This seems obvious to me, but I want to make sure that we are all on the same page about this.
momoends

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 11:45 pm
@maxdancona,
We are not on the same page at all.... You should go to therapy as soon as posible
maxdancona

Reply Sun 4 Sep, 2016 11:51 pm
@momoends,
The question is; do you think that a slave owner having sex with her own slaves is rape?

This is a straightforward question. Are you really saying you don't think it is rape?
glitterbag

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 12:02 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Just an aside (because I am honestly curious)...

Momends and Glitterbag, do you agree that when White women had sex with the slaves they controlled that this is an example of rape?

This seems obvious to me, but I want to make sure that we are all on the same page about this.

Well you're all perked up now aren't you. This thread initially began as "are we ready for a female Prez" I've avoided it mostly because I know what I think about all of this. So, Ive avoided this, and I'm not going to engage you on your rape fantasies. It's not even tempting. Just because I make a comment does not mean (by any stretch of your fevered imagination) that you have any original thoughts I might be interested in. I'll bet your mommy thinks you are the smartest boy in class, so go ask your mommy about those rapes you're so interested in.
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 12:02 am
@maxdancona,
(@glitterbag pssssss!!! Do you think he,s faking it or hes actually not right in the head?)
YES.... EHHHH SURE! Cant talk any more i have to leave... Bye
glitterbag

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 12:10 am
@momoends,
I don't think he's mentally ill, I think he is emotionally stunted. I have him back on ignore, its getting a little late and if he asks another convoluted irrational question, I just don't care to know. Good night Mo
momoends

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 12:20 am
@glitterbag,
Good night!
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 01:38 am
@maxdancona,
Your reaching way back in time to make your strawman post. I worked for a steelmill and we had a union that negotiated wages. We also had many women and 30% of the plant were blacks who worked there for union wages. Maybe if everyone had a union?
momoends

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 01:41 am
@RABEL222,
That would be great...... But impossible
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 07:05 am
Let's be really clear about what is happening.

1) Momoends, Glitterbag et al have a simplistic ideological narrative that says that women are oppressed by men. Ideological narratives are always partially true (which is why they are seductive) but they can be a problem. The real world is complex and nuanced. Reality doesn't fit into simplistic ideological narrative.

2) I am challenging this ideological narrative with facts. I have made several very clear factual claims and have offered data for any one of them. Many people here don't care to deal with any facts that might bring there ideological narrative into question. Just to clarify, I believe that there is some validity to the ideological narrative that women have faced oppression... I can accept the facts on the other side of the argument and use it to moderate my opinion. The argument I am making is against the ideological purity that can accept no nuance or other opinion.

3) Momoends and Glitterbad et al are responding with personal attacks. They haven't even acknowledge the factual points or attempted a rational discussion.

4) Attacking someone based on mental illness is pretty low. People with a mental illness have a right to have a voice without being ridiculed. What if I do have a mental illness... does it really mean that I can't express my opinion? Maybe I am getting psychological help, does that change anything about my ability to express myself? You should find a less obscene personal attack.

There are appropriate ways to respond when someone uses to facts to question your political ideology. I have found that the world is complex and nuanced. The best time to grow and learn is when facts contradict my personal beliefs.

We could have a rational discussion about the facts, whether they are true or whether they are relevant. It would be nice if someone would attempt this. Or, if my posts are truly not relevant, you could just explain why and then ignore them without the personal attacks... I am just expressing my opinion on what I think is relevant to the topic.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 07:13 am
@maxdancona,
Let me emphasize this point, because it is important.

People with mental illness have been pretty badly treated throughout history. The oppression against people suffering with mental illness is far worse than what we have been talking about here.

And, the stigma they face continues today as shown by this thread.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 08:56 am
@RABEL222,
I am not reaching back at all.

Right now race has a greater impact on earnings than gender. You can see the statistics here (or elswhere, but I assume you trust Pew) http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/07/01/racial-gender-wage-gaps-persist-in-u-s-despite-some-progress/

In 2015 White women made on average $17 dollars per hour. Black men made $15 dollars per hour. More importantly White families now have 13 times (think about that number) the wealth of Black families. http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/12/12/racial-wealth-gaps-great-recession/

Why shouldn't racial inequality be the focus? Social justice gets much more traction when White people are painted as victims.
RABEL222

Reply Mon 5 Sep, 2016 09:33 pm
@maxdancona,
Max, I thought you were more honest than this.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 8 Sep, 2016 03:17 pm
@RABEL222,
I thought you had stopped beating your wife.