Making Fun of the Clown Car of Republican Candidates

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Nov, 2015 05:12 pm
@Lash,
Quote:
I've grown up watching political debates, and I have a hard time admitting how low Trump's sleazy presence and rhetoric takes the entire proceeding. It's like a pack of desperate, incompetent used car salesmen wrangling.

Maureen Dowd said today that Bush 41 has taken to throwing his footwear at the TV when the Donald is talking.....
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 12 Nov, 2015 04:09 pm
http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/tonight-sure-trumps-fun-to-ridicule-but-thats-the-end-of-the-sentence-trumps-fun-to-laugh-at-thedailyshow-3a74c.png
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Mon 23 Nov, 2015 05:37 pm
Donald's poll are stronger than ever and Carson is dying. It's going to be a three way race; The Donald, Cruz and Rubio. Donald is for the haters, Cruz the religious nuts and Rubio is the Establishment. No body else matters now.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 07:45 am
Thank goodness. W is in the race.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/watch-will-ferrells-hilarious-return-to-snl-as-george-w-bush-announcing-another-presidential-run/
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 02:26 pm
After you get to know Cruz well enough, you will be nostalgic for the Donald.
RABEL222

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 09:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
I get sick just looking at him. Having to listen to him puts me in my sick bead.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 13 Dec, 2015 10:49 pm
@RABEL222,
I'm just so sad.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 14 Dec, 2015 05:46 am
If you have never had the pleasure, search out Cruz's father. He is a minister and twice as crazy as Ted.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2016 02:14 pm
Donld Trump is the most dangerous candidate.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 10:45 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

to whom?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 10:52 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

I agree, but only because I think he has a better chance of winning the general election. Once in the actual office I would fear Cruz more than Trump. Cruz is a deeper kind of dangerous batshit crazy than Trump, IMO.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 10:55 am
@snood,
I also choose Cruz to be the most dangerous candidate of them all.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 11:02 am
Although Republicans are having a deeper than deep crisis over who will be their candidate, I think predictions their party is disintegrating are totally wrong. There will always be a dividing line between conservatism and liberalism and the conservatives will always need a place to go.
oralloy

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 09:57 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
Although Republicans are having a deeper than deep crisis over who will be their candidate, I think predictions their party is disintegrating are totally wrong. There will always be a dividing line between conservatism and liberalism and the conservatives will always need a place to go.

You are correct.

The Democratic Party will also survive the devastating blow that Mr. Trump is about to land on them (though it will be some decades before they are able to win the White House again).

I do hope though that when they finally return to power, they will be properly chastened and there will be no more of these Leftist attempts to destroy the Constitution.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 10:01 pm
When Trump loses will we get to see a big ole "Mea culpa! I was wrong!"?
oralloy

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2016 10:28 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:
When Trump loses will we get to see a big ole "Mea culpa! I was wrong!"?

The 2013 gun control debacle guarantees that Mr. Trump will win.

A mea culpa is an apology for having done something wrong. I don't think that an erroneous prediction is something that requires an apology.

But if through some strange and unlikely circumstance my prediction turns out to be wrong, I will acknowledge it.
farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 03:54 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
The 2013 gun control debacle guarantees that Mr. Trump will win
You seem to have a lot of capital invested in this one belief. I dont think the bulk of the electorate is that narrow minded..
BTW, Trump has been a spokesman for open carry but hes also been vocally supportive of certain regulations that seem to counter your own worldview
maporsche

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 12:32 pm
@farmerman,
I still don't know what he's talking about. Was some law passed or even introduced?
maporsche

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 12:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
Agreed; he'd be worse than Trump. Both of them would lose to Bernie or Hillary though, so I'm not sweating it yet.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2016 12:54 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
You seem to have a lot of capital invested in this one belief.

Not really. Though if I see long enough odds offered by an online betting site I might lay down some cash.

farmerman wrote:
I dont think the bulk of the electorate is that narrow minded..

A do-nothing presidency virtually guarantees a switch in which party controls the White House.

farmerman wrote:
BTW, Trump has been a spokesman for open carry but hes also been vocally supportive of certain regulations that seem to counter your own worldview

I've heard enough Second Amendment dogwhistles from Mr. Trump to reassure me that he will respect the Constitution.