When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Frank Apisa

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 01:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
There is no change...let alone sea change...in the cards. And the only people who think there is...are naive waifs.

Quote:
Car czar Ernie Boch Jr. has a familiar message for the dozens of pro-choice activists planning to protest his fundraiser for Donald Trump this evening: Come on down!

“Everybody’s entitled to their opinion,” Boch told the Herald last night. “Nobody wants someone protesting them, but what are you going to do? … Everyone should have a voice. We’re here to hear Mr. Trump express his opinions. He’s a world figure and people are coming to hear what he has to say.”

Boch said he’s expecting upward of 1,000 people at the $100-a-head fundraiser and more than 100 media members will cover the event, including CNN, which is broadcasting live from the party.

“I knew it would be busy but I had no idea,” he said. “Hundreds of people have asked me, and hundreds of people are asking hundreds of people who know me. I have people from high school calling me. My enemies are calling me! You’ve got to admit, Trump has changed the game.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2015/08/ernie_boch_jr_says_protesters_welcome_at_donald_trump_bash

Ernie Boch, Jr., born in 1958, is the CEO, president, and spokesman of Boch Enterprises, a $1 billion business consisting primarily of automobile dealerships in Norwood, Massachusetts.[1] Boch is a local celebrity in the Greater Boston area who has a passion for music, makes television cameos, and has a creative approach to advertising and selling cars.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernie_Boch,_Jr.

Ernie Boch, Jr., naive waif according to Frank....

There are people with big money who would be willing to bet Boch that over 90% of the incumbents running in 2016 will be re-elected.

I'd be willing to bet you that Boch would never take that bet.

The "change" he sees...he really doesn't see. He is selling something using those words. That is what he does for a living...that is what made him a billionaire.

He would never take the bet. He is much too bright for that. He'd sell you a car...or a dealership...but he would not take that bet.
hawkeye10

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 01:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
The "change" he sees...he really doesn't see. He is selling something using those words. That is what he does for a living...that is what made him a billionaire.

He is in the auto dealer business, you dont get to be a billionaire at that game without understanding the masses. I know almost nothing about you, his credibility wins.
izzythepush

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 02:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
He is in the auto dealer business, you dont get to be a billionaire at that game without

huge bailouts from the Federal Government.
hawkeye10

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 02:48 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
He is in the auto dealer business, you dont get to be a billionaire at that game without

huge bailouts from the Federal Government.

Documentation please.
bobsal u1553115

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 07:37 pm
Can Hillary Overcome The 'Liar' Factor?

A new approach to the email scandal may help, but pollsters see a long climb ahead.

By Steven Shepard
08/27/15, 07:56 PM EDT

Hillary Clinton took a new tack this week when answering questions about her use of a private email account as secretary of state: She took responsibility and admitted she was at fault.

“It clearly wasn’t the best choice,” Clinton said flatly on Wednesday, as she campaigned in Iowa.

On Thursday, the reason for the change in tone came into sharper focus with a stunning new poll illustrating the extent to which voters don’t trust Clinton to tell the truth.

While Republicans have been test-driving attacks against Clinton for a year and a half, no other line of attack has broken through to this degree. The numbers in a new Quinnipiac University poll are striking: More than 3-in-5 voters, 61 percent, think Clinton isn’t honest and trustworthy. Overall, Clinton’s favorability ratings slipped to 39 percent — her lowest rating since Quinnipiac began polling on Clinton after she and her husband left the White House.

When voters were asked the first word that came to their mind about Clinton, the top three replies were indictments of her trustworthiness. The No. 1response was “liar,” followed by “dishonest” and “untrustworthy.” Overall, more than a third of poll respondents said their first thought about Clinton was some version of: She’s a liar.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/hillary-clinton-liar-factor-2016-213100#ixzz3k9rUuVIX
roger

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 08:15 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Oh yeah, I did all that. No big deal, is it?
izzythepush

Fri 28 Aug, 2015 11:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
Documentation, really? You expect me to have actual documentary evidence at home, and you expect me to show it to you?

Get yourself checked out for Alzheimer's. What you've been saying of late has gone way beyond stupid. And your short term memory is shot too.

Quote:
Taxpayers lost $9.26 billion on the U.S. government's automotive industry rescue program, according to a final tally released by U.S. Treasury this week.

The government said it recovered $70.42 billion of the $79.68 billion it gave to General Motors, Chrysler, Ally Financial, Chrysler Financial and automotive suppliers through the federal Auto Industry Financing Program. The program was part of the larger Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/12/30/auto-bailout-tarp-gm-chrysler/21061251/
hawkeye10

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 12:26 am
@izzythepush,
I have not looked at that story for years but the way I remember it GMC and Chrysler tried to use the pseudo bankruptcy to try to shaft the dealers that they closed, at first refuse to pay all the money that the contracts the dealers had with the CORPS set aside for the dealers if CORP shut them down. Eventually they got their money, years later I think. But the bailouts helped the dealers you say? I dont remember hearing about that. The Fed has been bailing out the car industry by manipulating the financial industry so that the banks are wanting to give a ton of car loans, but that was not your point.

Quote:
Given this evidence, it is correct to argue that many dealers would have fared better if GM and Chrysler had gone through a traditional, court-approved bankruptcy along the lines that Massachusetts Gov. Romney advocated in a 2008 New York Times Op-Ed, rather than through the politicized bankruptcy that Obama’s team put together. At the very least, it would probably have given dealers more time to make arrangements with GM and Chrysler’s competitors, minimizing job losses.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/JohnBerlau/Auto-jobs-Obama-bailouts/2012/11/05/id/462869/#ixzz3kBNBZuTo
Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

You might want to read this and learn. The only benefit dealers got that I recall was months longer to pay for the cars, which helped their cash flow and saved them money as opposed to going to the banks. That was not nothing, but it was not much.
RABEL222

Sat 29 Aug, 2015 01:16 am
@Frank Apisa,
It amazes me how many people think one president is going to change the world. The fact they elected a republican congress to fuke up everything that president wanted to do just goes right over their heads.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 06:23 am
@roger,
I don't know. Is it?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 06:27 am
@RABEL222,
I so agree. Which Democrat gets to be President isn't as important as who your Rep and Sen is.

The important fight is in Congress and it needs to be remembered in 2016 and 2020. We need a real Congress interested and engaged with our agenda.
0 Replies

snood

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 06:54 am
Here is the bottom line to all the email crap:

At the time Ms. Clinton was Secretary of State there was no prohibition against the Secretary of State having a private email server. In fact, no Secretary of State before Ms. Clinton had a government email account.

None of the emails on the Secretary's personal account were classified at the time they were sent or received. That is not in dispute. There is an on-going controversy between various agencies of what ought to be classified in retrospect as the material is released to the public by the State Department, but that does not change the fact that none of it was classified at the time. In fact, one of the several emails at issue actually says the word "unclassified" in the upper left hand corner and can still be accessed by the general public on the State Department web site.

Finally, no one has ever pointed to an instance where the fact that something was on her server instead of a government server had any negative consequences whatsoever.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-creamer/out-of-touch-punditry-sho_b_8029910.html

Just so we keep this latest "Hillary needs to come clean/ Hillary is a liar" narrative in perspective, read this:

a New York Times editorial says:

"These clumsy efforts at suppression are feckless and self-defeating." It argued that these actions are "swiftly draining away public trust in (her) integrity."

that was from a NYT editorial written in 1994 about Hillary and Bill not turning Whitewater documents over to the press.

This email/Benghazi mess is just the latest conjured up bogus make-believe scandal.
izzythepush

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 07:11 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
You might want to read this and learn.

Don't talk crap. Such black is white arguments may convince you, but you're not exactly known for getting the right answer about anything..
bobsal u1553115

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 07:17 am
@snood,
The e-mails aren't such a much. Its been a legal and done regularly by at least the last two administrations. The law does need to be changed.

Benghazi was handled extremely well, especially in light of the Teapublican Congress peeling $180M from the security budget for State that was to be used for foreign US facilities including the Benghazi mission. The people who were on the ground, especially the dead did their obligations to exemplary performance and saved a couple score of lives and prevented any looting of documents and hostage taking.

Hillary Clinton without any doubt was one of the most effective Sec's of State the US has ever had.

However: she supports the prison/industrial complex by taking money from private prisons lobby, minimum mandatory sentencing, three strike laws, the death penalty, fracking, Keystone, the IWR, the Patriot Act, Homeland Security Act, NSA intercepts of American phone and and emails, TPP ......

Things she's pretty much in line with the GOP on.

E-mails and Benghazi are shrill nothings. The other stuff is very serious. And never ever talked about.

She has serious 'splaining' to do if she expects us to support her (not that I won't anyway if she gets the nod).

The real battleground is Congress.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 07:18 am
@izzythepush,
What?!?!?!?!? You're sick AND tired of the Hawkeye show?

Me, too.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 07:21 am
There are only 3 reasons to have voted for the IWR. They are all contemptible
1) You were so stupid that you trusted Bush Cheney enough to hand them a blank check to go to war.

2) For whatever reasons, you wanted a war with Iraq.

3) Political expediency. You thought voting yes would be better for your political career.
0 Replies

snood

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 07:30 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

The e-mails aren't such a much. Its been a legal and done regularly by at least the last two administrations. The law does need to be changed.

Benghazi was handled extremely well, especially in light of the Teapublican Congress peeling $180M from the security budget for State that was to be used for foreign US facilities including the Benghazi mission. The people who were on the ground, especially the dead did their obligations to exemplary performance and saved a couple score of lives and prevented any looting of documents and hostage taking.

Hillary Clinton without any doubt was one of the most effective Sec's of State the US has ever had.

However: she supports the prison/industrial complex by taking money from private prisons lobby, minimum mandatory sentencing, three strike laws, the death penalty, fracking, Keystone, the IWR, the Patriot Act, Homeland Security Act, NSA intercepts of American phone and and emails, TPP ......

Things she's pretty much in line with the GOP on.

E-mails and Benghazi are shrill nothings. The other stuff is very serious. And never ever talked about.

She has serious 'splaining' to do if she expects us to support her (not that I won't anyway if she gets the nod).

The real battleground is Congress.

I agree with you, in that I would like all these issues you named to be the things she is challenged on. She should be accountable for the times she has supported the wrong things. Maybe by the time her and Bernie get to debate, we'll get to hear her answer for these things.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 08:58 am
@snood,
I just hope we get a real substantive debate on policy, not the three questions in three minutes and a thirty second "rebuttle" the GOP gives us which does nothing but yield soundbites. I already know how stupid Trump and Cruz are (Cruz is one of my two teaparty Senators), but the American public needs to hear the depth of how unprepared and uncomplicated by facts they are the real issues.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 09:15 am
@bobsal u1553115,
What gets me is he cites fellow loser Mitt Romney as an authority. Over here Mitt Romney is known for dissing one of the most successful Olympics in recent history, and nothing else.

Quote:
Mitt Romney’s visit to Downing Street was overshadowed by a diplomatic spat on Thursday, after the Republican presidential candidate cast doubt over London’s readiness to host the Olympics. Elevating his tendency for gaffes to the international stage, Mr Romney said that because of concerns about security, it was “hard to know just how well it will turn out”.

He then appeared to breach protocol by disclosing that he had received an unusual briefing from Sir John Sawers, the chief of the Secret Intelligence Service (MI6), on the situation in Syria. An adviser boasted to The Daily Telegraph that Mr Romney had also previously met the head of the Security Service (MI5).

Mr Romney told NBC News he saw “a few things that were disconcerting” about London’s preparations. “The stories about the private security firm not having enough people, supposed strike of immigration and customs officials, that obviously is not something which is encouraging,” he said.

His remark prompted a sharp rejoinder from David Cameron. “We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world,” said the Prime Minister. “Of course it’s easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere.”

This was widely taken in the US to be a reference to Utah, the sparsely populated western state where Mr Romney was chief executive of the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics in 2002. “Romney Olympics comments rile Brits,” CNN told its viewers throughout the afternoon.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/mitt-romney/9431064/Mitt-Romneys-Olympics-gaffe-overshadows-visit-to-London.html
bobsal u1553115

Sun 30 Aug, 2015 10:18 am
@izzythepush,
And Romney went to UK to demonstrate his flair for diplomacy. The London Mayor, Boris Johnson, handed his flair right back to him in aces and spades.

Have you noticed how few of this class of GOPers have repeated that mistake? Even Christie, who did go to UK, kept his trip pretty well under a news blackout. Did you even realize he was even there??