When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

Blickers

Sat 11 Jun, 2016 12:27 am
Well, most of them are mail in ballots. The primary was Tuesday, they gave you to Friday for the mail to arrive. That doesn't sound so bad.
0 Replies

revelette2

Sat 11 Jun, 2016 06:16 am
POLL-Clinton leads Trump by 11 points in White House race -Reuters/Ipsos
Blickers

Sat 11 Jun, 2016 12:14 pm
@revelette2,
Rev, your link seems to go to a YouTube video. Never mind, I got it.

Clinton leads Trump by 11 points in White House race: Reuters/Ipsos poll
By Chris Kahn
http://s2.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20160610&t=2&i=1140829909&w=&fh=&fw=&ll=644&pl=429&sq=&r=LYNXNPEC591FH
A combination photo shows Hillary Clinton (L) and Donald Trump (R) in Los Angeles, California on May 5, 2016 and in Eugene, Oregon, U.S. on May 6, 2016 respectively.
Reuters/Lucy Nicholson (L) and Jim Urquhart/File Photos

Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 11 points in the U.S. presidential race, showing little change after she became the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee this week, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Friday.

The online poll, conducted from Monday to Friday, shows 46 percent of likely voters support Clinton while 34.8 percent back Trump. Another 19.2 percent support neither candidate. Their parties hold conventions in July ahead of a Nov. 8 election.

Clinton's lead was nearly the same a week ago, before she had amassed enough convention delegates to win the nomination and before Trump drew criticism from leaders of both parties for questioning the impartiality of a Mexican-American judge.

Trump, 69, enjoyed a bigger boost after becoming the presumptive Republican nominee in May. Having trailed Clinton, 68, for most of the year, Trump briefly erased a double-digit gap and pulled about even with the former secretary of state.

Clinton this week defeated party rival Bernie Sanders, 74, in four of six nominating contests, most notably California and New Jersey, and won the endorsements of President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, Senator Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and other party leaders.

Trump this week sparred with party leaders and struggled with questions about his now-defunct Trump University. A lawsuit accuses Trump and the for-profit school of defrauding thousands of people, including many who paid as much as $35,000 to learn Trump's real estate strategies.

A wealthy businessman who asserts the lawsuit is politically motivated, Trump said presiding U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel was biased against him because of Trump's plans to build a wall on the border with Mexico. Trump later added that Muslim judges could be biased against him also because of his pledge to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the country.

Trump's comments drew sharp criticism from Republican leaders, including House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. Trump later said he would no longer talk about the judge.

Friday's results had 1,276 respondents and a credibility interval, a measure of accuracy, of 3.2 percentage points.

(Reuters/Ipsos polling results: polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TM651Y15_13/filters/LIKELY:1/type/smallest/dates/20160401-20160610/collapsed/true/spotlight/1)
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN0YW287

(Reporting by Chris Kahn; Editing by Howard Goller)
revelette2

Sat 11 Jun, 2016 01:12 pm
@Blickers,
I should double check it for now on, sometimes, I think, someone is messing with me, but then I tend to be paranoid.
0 Replies

blatham

Tue 14 Jun, 2016 08:03 pm
As most likely know... In DC with 90% results in, Clinton at 79% and Bernie at 18%.

I'm going to go out on a limb here with the thesis that Hillary won't be giving up her candidacy.
Lash

Tue 14 Jun, 2016 08:05 pm
@blatham,
http://www.press24.us/wikileaks-is-about-to-ruin-hillary-clintons-chances-of-becoming-president/
It may end just the same.
snood

Tue 14 Jun, 2016 08:55 pm
This is from right smack dab in the middle of that article about Assange providing information that "definitely" will get Clinton indicted:

In regard to the ongoing FBI investigation, however, Assange expressed a lack of confidence in the Obama administration’s Justice Department to indict the former Secretary of State.
“[Attorney General Loretta Lynch] is not going to indict Hillary Clinton. It’s not possible that could happen. But the FBI could push for new concessions from the Clinton government in exchange for its lack of indictment.”

Sure sounds like even Assange is planning on Hillary getting elected.
snood

Tue 14 Jun, 2016 08:59 pm
This is what delusion looks like. Bernie's going to be the next president, and Hillary's going to jail.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 14 Jun, 2016 09:00 pm
@blatham,
I'll let Set know. He's been on tenterhooks.

It's a cute look for him but ...
blatham

Tue 14 Jun, 2016 09:12 pm
@ehBeth,
You have me imagining him between a couple of wet doilies. A charming image, really.

But if he wishes to come down, I think the time is very near.
ehBeth

Tue 14 Jun, 2016 09:22 pm
@blatham,
clihttp://www.phrases.org.uk/images/on-tenterhooks.jpgck

blatham

Tue 14 Jun, 2016 09:24 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes. Big doilies.
0 Replies

roger

Tue 14 Jun, 2016 10:50 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

“[Attorney General Loretta Lynch] is not going to indict Hillary Clinton. It’s not possible that could happen. But the FBI could push for new concessions from the Clinton government in exchange for its lack of indictment.”

Sounds like the FBI might be blackmailing the president? Maybe I'm misreading.
snood

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 06:06 am
@roger,
No, not blackmailing. Just planning to blackmail.
DrewDad

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 06:18 am
@Lash,

I had this discussion on Slashdot yesterday.

Files dumped on Wikileaks will never be used as evidence in a criminal proceeding. E-mails are, in essence, a text file. Text files are easily forged. Unless there is some way to determine that Hillary Clinton authored the E-mail, which would require something like the E-mail being signed with a private encryption key, no prosecutor is going to touch it.

Creating a digital copy of a hard drive that is actually admissible is not a trivial task. Last I knew, you have to keep the hard drive in its original state, and you have to be able to demonstrate that any copies are accurate.

Prosecution says, "I'd like to enter electronic documents as evidence."
Defense asks, "where'd you get these?"
Prosecution says, "Wikileaks."
Defense says, "motion to suppress."
Judge rules, "granted."
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 06:33 am
Personally I will be glad when they finally announce they will not be indicting Hillary Clinton. The whole day will be filled with conspiracy theories run amok but at least we can put the idea of Hillary being indicted to rest and concentrate on beating Trump. Trump has some serious mental issues.
snood

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 06:49 am
@revelette2,
Well, there may never be such an announcement. In order for them to have to announce that, there would have had to been an indictment of Hillary being actually considered. For all I've heard, the only people who are seriously considering an indictment of Hillary are people on social media whom I suspect have hatred of Hillary that may cloud their judgement a wee bit.
georgeob1

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 09:52 am
@snood,
It also appears that the FBI is investigating her precisely to make the determination of the potential need for an indictment. Offhand I would guess that counts as "considering" one. Clinton (and apparently you as well} persistently denies that obviuous fact. I'll agree that an indictment by the current administration is highly unlikely - mostly for political reasons.
DrewDad

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 09:57 am
@georgeob1,
First is the determination of whether a crime was committed.

Then is the determination of whether to indict.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 15 Jun, 2016 10:07 am
@georgeob1,
Do you guys just ignore the words of officials speaking on the subject? She is not the target of the investigation, they said so straight up. Google it.