When will Hillary Clinton give up her candidacy ?

bobsal u1553115

Wed 11 Nov, 2015 09:04 am
@Lash,
I'd like to see that, but I am afraid the fix is in. Its going to Hillary and the best we can get is that Bernie drags Hillary left.
Frank Apisa

Wed 11 Nov, 2015 09:51 am
@bobsal u1553115,
bobsal u1553115 wrote:

I'd like to see that, but I am afraid the fix is in. Its going to Hillary and the best we can get is that Bernie drags Hillary left.

She'll move left to get the nomination...and then govern from the middle...in order to get anything done.

Some people here will have a problem with that. But that is what a politician must do...and that is what a leader often must do.

RABEL222

Wed 11 Nov, 2015 10:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
..and then govern from the middle..

As long as we have a republican house its only what a democratic president can do in order to govern. The people who believe that Bernie can overcome a republican house also believe that the streets in the U S of A are paved in gold.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 11 Nov, 2015 10:59 am
@revelette2,
Low turnout at mid term elections is a big problem in my view.
0 Replies

revelette2

Wed 11 Nov, 2015 01:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Unless of course Hillary is faced with a republican congress intent on blocking anything getting done no matter if it is left or right. We never would have passed the ACA unless we had the majority. Voting matters in any election year.

President Obama Has Done a LOT! 309 Accomplishments so far, With Citations

(found it interesting, but what is germane to my point is that a lot of his accomplishment were done in the first two years and then it is like we (voters)just decided to give up and complain.

Frank Apisa

Wed 11 Nov, 2015 01:48 pm
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

Unless of course Hillary is faced with a republican congress intent on blocking anything getting done no matter if it is left or right. We never would have passed the ACA unless we had the majority. Voting matters in any election year.

President Obama Has Done a LOT! 309 Accomplishments so far, With Citations

(found it interesting, but what is germane to my point is that a lot of his accomplishment were done in the first two years and then it is like we (voters)just decided to give up and complain.

Bill Clinton did it reasonably well...and I think she can also.

We'll see. Or the other side can continue to be the party of "no"...and nothing will get done.

If they want to act like spoiled brats...and it looks as though they want to act like spoiled brats...there is very little to stop them from stopping everything else.
RABEL222

Wed 11 Nov, 2015 07:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
For the last 35 years I thought the voting public would wake up to the fact that our congress is owned by the 1% and would recycle them to make ownership harder to accomplish. I have given up on that thought. Its apparent that the 1% owns the media as in nazi germany and until it is taken from the rich in some way nothing will change in a peaceful fashion.
0 Replies

Lash

Thu 12 Nov, 2015 05:30 am
There's just no down-home, in-your-face corrupt like Clinton Corrupt. They are selling your ass out from under you.

With your help.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/05/26/clinton_foundation_state_department_weapons_deals_donations_approval_coincided.html
revelette2

Thu 12 Nov, 2015 06:54 am
@Frank Apisa,
Wasn't there a shut down in his first term? Didn't Hillary's health care plan go down in flames? Wasn't Clinton impeached for having oral sex and covering it up? I am pretty sure Clinton tax plan passed without a single republican voting for it. I remember Clinton saying it in one of his state of the union speeches. In 1993:

Quote:
In 1993, the Democratic majority in Congress passed – and Clinton signed – a budget bill that raised taxes on the wealthy, cut taxes for small businesses and for the poor, and required that future budgets balance and reduce the deficit. Not a single Republican voted for that bill.

source

I know a lot of people in my family (my own side who are lifelong democrats, my husband's are lifelong republicans) who plan to vote for Hillary plan to do so just because of Bill Clinton mainly. But I look at him at the rare time we see him and he looks a little frail.

In any case, the atmosphere was still better then than under Obama. I don't believe on the first day in office the leaders had a meeting and decided that the best thing they are going to do is make sure Clinton fails so that he won't have a second term.

The Party of No: New Details on the GOP Plot to Obstruct Obama
Frank Apisa

Thu 12 Nov, 2015 07:20 am
@revelette2,
Absolutely, Revelette.

But it is almost certain that the Republicans will great President Hillary Clinton with the same thing in mind: We will destroy this country before we help you succeed in anything.

And their adherents will cheer them on...lemming-like.

Gotta live with that.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Thu 12 Nov, 2015 07:21 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

There's just no down-home, in-your-face corrupt like Clinton Corrupt. They are selling your ass out from under you.

With your help.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/05/26/clinton_foundation_state_department_weapons_deals_donations_approval_coincided.html

Glad I finally realized what a disgusting human being you are, Lash. It makes your posts so much much more understandable.
McGentrix

Thu 12 Nov, 2015 07:41 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Glad I finally realized what a disgusting human being you are, Lash. It makes your posts so much much more understandable.

WTH Frank? Can't take a third party article exposing the wicked Witch of the East for what she really is?

I may have to revoke your good egg status.
bobsal u1553115

Thu 12 Nov, 2015 07:49 am
@McGentrix,
Frank gets to have a bad morning once in a while. I give him a pass.

I also thumbed Lash's post up. The story's good and the source is good.

Thumbed Frank up, too.
izzythepush

Thu 12 Nov, 2015 08:36 am
@bobsal u1553115,
You have to ask yourself if a genuine supporter of Sanders would be so critical of the Clintons yet so forgiving of G. W. Bush.

Bill Clinton, unlike any of his predecessors, played a leading role in the Northern Ireland peace process. That puts him head and shoulders above any of his contemporaries, including Obama, in my book.

I accept an American like yourself may think differently, but I'm not that concerned about American health care. I am concerned about Republican terrorists setting off bombs.
revelette2

Thu 12 Nov, 2015 08:44 am
@izzythepush,
Perhaps we're not too concerned with what you are concerned with. There doesn't have to be a competition, Bill Clinton was a great President, I think Obama is a good President who has put his all into doing the best he can under very trying conditions and done a pretty dang good job of it too.
izzythepush

Thu 12 Nov, 2015 08:52 am
@revelette2,
I never said Obama isn't a good president. He's a million times better than his immediate predecessor, but as a non American I'm more concerned with the international than the domestic.
parados

Thu 12 Nov, 2015 09:42 am
@McGentrix,
You mean the article that directly contradicts Lash's statement?

Quote:
In the end, the IBT piece doesn't reveal any smoking-gun evidence of a corrupt quid-pro-quo transaction.

No evidence of corruption. I guess the lack of evidence is what makes her guilty in Lash's mind and yours.
revelette2

Thu 12 Nov, 2015 09:44 am
@izzythepush,
I doubt when Americans went to the polls to elect President Clinton they did it because they thought Bill Clinton would settle the Ireland and Britain conflict. They were probably considering who they thought had the best plans for the people in the US. I doubt you care very much what we think about your elections, why do you think we are too concerned with what you think?
izzythepush

Thu 12 Nov, 2015 01:14 pm
@revelette2,
I didn't realise you were only concerned by what happens in America. I'll make sure I'll never address you personally again.
revelette2

Thu 12 Nov, 2015 02:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
didn't realise you were only concerned by what happens in America.

I didn't realize you don't care about ordinary American people and the quality of our lives. The affordable care act needs work and improvement but at least more people have health insurance than they did before and it is important for us. So yes, it is good Ireland and Britain finally came to an agreement, It is also good we have health insurance which doesn't deny people coverage for pre existing conditions.

Just as a reminder of what started this latest stupid line of posts.

izzythepush wrote:
Quote:
Bill Clinton, unlike any of his predecessors, played a leading role in the Northern Ireland peace process. That puts him head and shoulders above any of his contemporaries, including Obama, in my book.

I accept an American like yourself may think differently, but I'm not that concerned about American health care. I am concerned about Republican terrorists setting off bombs.