1 in 5 women get raped?

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 05:16 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Are you trying to imply that the great majority of those rapes were not committed by men?

I am not willing to stipulate that these alleged rapes ever existed, so your question is moot.

More to the point what goes under the term "rape" is so varied, its definition is so not agreed to by people who speak the language, that any question predicated on the term " rape" can not in fact be answered.

If you want to ask questions you first define terms. Not that you will, misusing language obviously on purpose is one of your favorite tactics.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 05:19 pm
@firefly,
Hey, FF.

I have a question for you. I am wondering - what's it like being the media's pet? I'm just curious. You're not even saying anything yourself - you copy and paste stuff from the media - a system of lies and deceit for political power.

Do you still stand on your own two legs, just to take away your voice? Or do you get on all fours and bark for the media? Come on girl, I know you have bite somewhere down there, but then again, you might be informally anorexic. Which is it? I have not seen anything from you that does not bounce off of the prosthetic knowledge which is artificially created by this god awful media.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 05:25 pm
@maxdancona,
I hope that the ones who r going to become rape victims
will arm themselves for personal defense to a successful degree.

I understand that a new technology called g2rip (for radically invasive projectiles) (Google it)
has become available with improved STOPPING POWER.
If u add: ".com" to "g2rip" then u get its website.

Sadly, this ammunition is only available for pistols, not for revolvers.
I don t trust pistols. I 'm looking for a revolver
that will take .45 ACP so that I can use this slug in it.

David
BillRM

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 05:28 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
Don't blame the justice system.

It not the justice system as that have too many build in protections to made the feminists happy it is government order college panels where there is little or no due process rights and the standard for finding a male student guilt of some sexual misdeed and ending his college career is more likely then not.

It is so bad there was a case where the police charge the poor woman "victim" with filing a false police report over the matter and she went on the runs and still the college in question found the man guilt and throw him out of college.

Only after enough public pressure was brought to bear on the college was he allow to resume his education a year later,
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 05:31 pm
Does anyone here besides me know that in science one study, one experiment, does not mean that something is true? In order to allege a fact multiple well run studies/experiments need to concur. One study gets one in 5 something that someone with a straight face can call sexual assault happening to women and then everything stopped, there has been no push to verify this number. Why? Because this study and this number were considered good enough to do the job, good enough to scare us into failing to nurture and often straight out abusing males even more than we already do.

Facts are not wanted, ammunition for the elite to use on the masses as they exercise their control, is.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 05:32 pm
@BillRM,
If that were me,
I 'd rather attend a DIFFERENT school.

Have u heard anything about RIP slugs ?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 05:33 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Men with nothing to do and nothing to lose tend to explode, burning down everything around them.

The situation is far far worst when it come to the ratio of black men to black women receiving degrees for all levels at two to one in favor of the women.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 05:36 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
The situation is far far worst when it come to the ratio of black men to black women receiving degrees for all levels at two to one in favor of the women.

Since so many black men get sham degrees because they paid the university with their athletic skills but are not smart enough to earn a degree the real situation is even worse than that.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 05:39 pm
@BillRM,
The "feminist" group is a twisted one.

Males act like females and females act like males.

It makes sense, white knights act like females when you challenge them. Females act like males when you challenge them. A real female will say "stop white knighting me". Instead, they want the attention because they - don't - care.

We just have to keep our voices up, Bill. Keep people like FF from copy and pasting notorious lies. Keep ignorant people from discussing a serious issue. Keep all the intellectuals rounded up who put their time and effort to go through the data to see for themselves what really makes sense.

We have to purge this community from the media's lies and poison they spread through it because the media knows that on a subconscious level males and females have a grudge against each other, just like whites and blacks - they do the SAME ******* THING. It's SICK, ITS MANIACAL, AND THESE -MONSTERS- SHOULD BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 06:01 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I haven't seen a study that gives any definitive number of the number of women who are raped.

There is no way to get a definitive number, unless all rapes are reported, and unless all rapists are prosecuted, on a continuous basis.

And we cannot survey the entire population to obtain the data in other ways. And it's not a static number, people are being raped every day.

Why do you need a "definitive number"? We aren't talking about something in the abstract--those numbers represent human lives that have been affected by sexual assaults and rapes, real human beings. Is it any better if the numbers indicate 1 in 10 or 1 in 20? Does that mean rape or sexual assault isn't a significant problem?

We've had decades of research on the prevalence of sexual assault and rape, all of which find numbers of such crimes too acceptably high, and all of which acknowledge that underreporting is a significant problem.

The results of these surveys are definitely influenced by types of questions asked, how they are worded, how the information was collected, the sample population, when the survey was done, etc. and the conclusions should be considered in that context. They can all be equally valid estimates, given the methodology employed. That one study reported a 1 in 5 estimate of rape, and another 1 in 4, and still another 1 in 6, is largely irrelevant--no one claims there is an absolute "definitive number". Studies simply report what they find.
Quote:
My objection is to people are pushing a definitive answer for the number of women who are raped and pretending there is valid science behind it. To this, they are ignoring the flaws in the clearly politically motivated CDC study (while fixating on the flaws of any contradictory study).

The real answer is that no one knows, with any certainty, whether "1 in 5 women" are actually raped in their lifetimes. This is a political number, not a scientific one.

You seem to be the only one pushing for a 'definitive answer".

And you have yet to back up your assertion, in any way, that the CDC study is "clearly politically motivated" or that their findings of a 1 in 5 rape statistic were a "political number not a scientific one".

Meanwhile, the CDC did report the 1 in 5 statistic, which, again, makes everything you said in your opening post a flat out lie.
Quote:

The "1 in 5" figure being thrown around is scientific fiction.

The number is based on a flawed study in many aways.

1. The study was done one time, with no follow up.
2. The sample was taken from a very limited population (students on two college campuses) that was not representative of the society at large.
3. The study had a very low response rate. This greatly increases uncertainty because if people who were assaulted are more likely to respond to the study then the numbers are inaccurate. It isn't unreasonable to think that people who were victimized might be more likely to respond and people who weren't victims would be more likely to ignore it.
4. A woman would be counted as part of the 20% if someone had "rubbed up against her" in a sexual way.

None of the above is true--that does not describe the CDC study--and you've yet to even identify the alleged study you were talking about. Your whole premise for this thread was bogus.

One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 06:15 pm
@firefly,
Oh FF,

I just have one question for you...

WHICH PARTS ARE NOT TRUE?

Quote:
Studies simply report what they find.

http://www.weareasilia.com/sites/default/files/ecosystem-images/2013/Nothing-to-Display.png
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 06:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
More to the point what goes under the term "rape" is so varied, its definition is so not agreed to by people who speak the language, that any question predicated on the term " rape" can not in fact be answered.

That's why the National Academies have recommended that descriptions, rather than terms like "rape", be used in the NCVS questionnaire surveys on sexual assault and rape.

However, there is a federal definition of rape that is definitely agreed upon, and that can be used to quantify national survey responses that fit that rather precise definition.

The federal government does precisely define the term "rape". So do the states, although many have now abandoned the term "rape" in favor of different degrees of "sexual assault' in order to be gender neutral and better protect males who are the victims of such crimes.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 06:27 pm
@firefly,
Curious...

You say the federal definition is "definitely agreed upon",

but the media is not following the federal definition,

so why isn't the media fired yet?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 06:28 pm
@firefly,
Quote:

That's why the National Academies have recommended that descriptions, rather than terms like "rape", be used in the NCVS questionnaire surveys on sexual assault and rape.

Ya, because negative sounding words that imply that the man is at fault have been a problem when so many women believe that they made mistakes, that the misadventure was not all the fault of men, or sometimes even the mans fault at all.

Quote:
The federal government does precisely define the term "rape". So do the states, although many have now abandoned the term "rape" in favor of different degrees of "sexual assault' in order to be gender neutral and better protect males who are the victims of such crimes.

Irrelevant. The term can not be used in a well phrased question until all of the users of the word come to a general agreement as to what the word means.
firefly

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The term can not be used in a well phrased question until all of the users of the word come to a general agreement as to what the word means.

That's why the scientific community, as represented by the National Academies, has recommended to the government that the term "rape" not be used in NCVS survey questions. Instead it recommends questions refer to descriptions of acts which would be considered "rape" under the federal definition of that act.

These acts are now considered rape under the federal definition of the term:

The new Summary definition of Rape is: “Penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim.”

The carnal knowledge of a person, without the consent of the victim, including instances where the victim is incapable of giving consent because of his/her age or because of his/her temporary or permanent mental or physical incapacity

Oral or anal sexual intercourse with another person, without the consent of the victim, including instances where the victim is incapable of giving consent because of his/her age or because of his/her temporary or permanent mental or physical incapacity

To use an object or instrument to unlawfully penetrate, however slightly, the genital or anal opening of the body of another person, without the consent of the victim, including instances where the victim is incapable of giving consent because of his/her age or because of his/her temporary or permanent mental or physical incapacity

A respondent's positive response to having experienced any of the acts described above can be legitimately categorized as a rape. It is not necessary for the term "rape" to be used in a survey question, or for the respondent to self classify it as a "rape".

Your objections are irrelevant because there is an agreed upon federal definition of rape that can be used to classify the data obtained on national surveys.

One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 07:25 pm
@firefly,
FF,

Quote:
Curious...

You say the federal definition is "definitely agreed upon",

but the media is not following the federal definition,

so why isn't the media fired yet?

--------> *your answer here*
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 24 Oct, 2014 09:19 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
I fired the media as presently constituted years ago.
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 09:10 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Your welcome, thought it appropriate for the arguments I was responding to. I confess, this is one subject where I really don't care what others think. I despise rapist with a vengeance and anyone who defends or tries to mitigate it.

revelette2

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 09:14 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Perhaps when people hand out condoms, they aught to hand out firearms as well, or a knife to slip into their clothes.

Would they qualify for "Stand your ground" protection under the law?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 25 Oct, 2014 11:13 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
I despise rapist with a vengeance and anyone who defends or tries to mitigate it.

Despise anyone who think the numbers are not correct and dare to question them????????????????????

Why instead of 20 percents do we not pull the number 100 percents out of thin air and you can despise anyone who question the 100 percent figure also?