glitterbag

Reply Sat 21 Dec, 2013 11:59 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
During Mandela's inauguration, his former guards were in attendance standing in front but below, I thought it was a forgiving and classy move. Some people let injustices fester, some realize its time to more on and lance those boils of hate (I know, I know not pretty picture,,,I'm getting tired). You can cling to your hate and fan the flames or clear your head and ask how important/Or how happy does all that vitriol really make you. Be honest with yourself. Don't become a flower child, that's sweet but not useful. You get to decide how much of your morality you will expose to the corrosive bile that will exterminate your humanity. You get to decide when enough is enough.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 12:45 am
@glitterbag,
Glitter, I have his book, I refused to read it until "after" and now I will.

The purpose of my post was to post some of his best sayings, I hope you aren't referring directly at me, becoming a flower child:)

I will always admire someone who never gives up and follows his/her inner passion until the end. And, for the record, he didn't kill anyone, his crimes were just that, but his intent was good and even if that was not the case? Good can also come from Evil, lessons learnt and corrections made, which ever way you want to look at it, this is a man to be greatly admired and he was and is.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 01:42 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Of course not, I'm not criticizing anyone intentionally, I didn't want to cause additional distress. It's important that we remember a great man has left us, and I don't know where the next one will arrive, it might even be a woman, it's not important to me male v female, lets just support strong and honest leadership when we find it.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 02:12 am
@glitterbag,
I put a smiley face Smile

You know? These types of people come by maybe twice in our life time, I think anyway.. It's real, passion.. Not political passion.. Smile
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
chai2

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 03:19 pm
@Pamela Rosa,
That is the stupidest **** I've ever seen in my life.

Is that the best you can do?
jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 03:27 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

That is the stupidest **** I've ever seen in my life.

Is that the best you can do?

Yeah it is! She’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever run into on the Internet. Cool
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 03:30 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Ha ha it looks like her on the left is holding up Mandela's pic and saying "The commie terrorist is dead at last, yeehaw!"..Smile

And here comes number two Cool
chai2

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 03:35 pm
@jcboy,
Seriously.

That was even worse.

I'm gonna go watch netflix, then go for walkies.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 04:28 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
I'm sure all of us at A2K sympathise with you

kindly note that you do not speak for anyone but yourself

thank you
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 05:30 pm
@ehBeth,
I felt quite sick yesterday. I was checking my emails and I get this spam, from his "niece" asking for my details as it was his request to give away millions to strangers.. OK.. How low can you go!
Pamela Rosa

Reply Mon 12 May, 2014 05:57 am

The 'fake' sign language interpreter who performed at Nelson Mandela's memorial has re-emerged to star in a bizarre advert for an Israeli start-up business......
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/nelson-mandela/10817002/Fake-Nelson-Mandela-interpreter-stars-in-bizarre-advert.html

Quote:
Thamsanqa Jantjie, who ignited outrage by signing gibberish at Nelson Mandela’ memorial service in Johannesburg, was part of a mob that burned two men to death in a “necklacing” attack, four people close to him said Monday.
But Jantjie was never tried for the 2003 slayings because South African authorities determined he was not mentally fit, they said
http://nypost.com/2013/12/16/fake-mandela-signer-helped-burn-2-men-to-death-in-2003/
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 12 May, 2014 06:16 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Exactly what is the point here? There is/are all kinds of spam attempts being sent via the Internet by all sorts of pirates. It's not like it actually was his niece. That sort of opportunist spam is a bit more annoying than the others but I just delete it and apply my spam filter to ban address, though they keep morphing anyhow so it's just another ineffective method.
0 Replies