hingehead

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 06:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
OK Finn - if you want I'll assemble the colonial history of Africa - how it was pillaged for slaves then resources, broken up into countries with boundaries that reflected nothing of the ethnic makeup, tribal animosities or history of those regions.

Then subject them to colonial government aimed only at promoting the wealth and development of the colonisers - then when the shame got too much the legal slave trade was stopped (some places sooner than others) while indigenous peoples continued to subjugated, oppressed 0r used as pawns in power struggles. Just a few centuries of social destruction - then the colonisers pull out and can't understand why everything isn't roses after a few decades?

In South Africa the political colonisation didn't end until 1994. They've only had universal suffrage for two decades in a place where 'institutions' (to me the keystones of a successful democracy) were the agents of oppression, and in many ways haven't fully transitioned from that.

But lets not look at the causes, lets just look at the numbers shall we?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate#By_country

Click on the little diamond next to rate.

Oh look 8 of the top 10 countries are in the Americas and are former colonies.

Oh and look former colony USA has a higher homicide rate than former colony Burundi.

I won't even go into how repulsive I find the proposal that a society's woes are caused by the colour of its citizens' skins.

I hope I've met your request adequately.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 06:46 pm
so reading quotes from Obama's speach it sounds like parts of it were intended to be a bitch slap to the ANC.

GOOD.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 07:20 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
but it is not warranted, suffering and surviving are not a great achievements.

Unbelievable.
IRFRANK

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 07:23 pm
@Ragman,
Quote:
Measuring of income levels is not the only criteria to measure the success of ending apartheid. It is disingenuous to even try to spin it that way. Historical levels of income levels of blacks vs whites in US and NA and EU has clearly also been a huge disparity.

Exactly, hundreds of years of oppression will not be remedied by instant freedom. And people complain about reverse discrimination.
Below viewing threshold (view)
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 07:33 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

Quote:
Measuring of income levels is not the only criteria to measure the success of ending apartheid. It is disingenuous to even try to spin it that way. Historical levels of income levels of blacks vs whites in US and NA and EU has clearly also been a huge disparity.

Exactly, hundreds of years of oppression will not be remedied by instant freedom. And people complain about reverse discrimination.

it would help if blacks were given the tools to compete with whites on the job market...if they were educated. nope.

it would help if the blacks who advataged economically from political power, ANC insiders, shared some of their windfall with the other blacks. nope.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 10 Dec, 2013 07:35 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

Quote:
but it is not warranted, suffering and surviving are not a great achievements.

Unbelievable.

hundreds of millions do it every day.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 02:00 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Why don't you try?

I would leave the racist arse licking to you Finn, you're so good at it. Next you're going to tell us that Hitler was really good to him mum.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 05:55 am
Mandela was a lying commie terrorist, so those who are posting here in his support must be commies too, I hope the FBI are monitoring this thread and taking down names and IP addresses..Smile

WIKI- "Mandela himself denied ever being a Communist Party member, but after his death, the Communist Party and the ANC confirmed that he was a Communist Party member when he was arrested in 1962"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Mandela
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 07:12 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
You're a violent racist criminal who's spent time banged up. You're opinion is worthless. Still I'm sure David Cameron will appreciate being described as a communist, he's not had much to laugh about of late.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 07:19 am
Just caught the daily show. Gingrich and Cruz got trolled for posting respect for Mandela. Santorum equates obamacare with apartheid.

There really is a battle royal going on for the soul of the US conservative movement.

Loved Stewart trashing the 'Mandela is like Washington and Lincoln rolled into one' no he ******* isn't, and way to make white.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 07:26 am
Hey Izzy you're English, so who do you vote for?
The Labour party under Blair and Brown invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, and the Tory and LibDem parties under Cameron and Clegg are keeping our troops in Afgh.
Isn't it a little bit racist to invade other peoples countries and start killing them?
And remember it was the voters who put them into power, so the voters must be racist too!
Me, I've never voted Tory/LibDem/Labour in my life, so my conscience is quite clear..Smile

PS- American voters put Obama into power and he's keeping US troops in Iraq/Afgh and killing their people, so i guess that makes him and the people who voted for him racists too..Wink
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 09:38 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I never supported the Iraq war. I don't remember seeing you on any anti war demonstrations.

Racists vote for the far right parties you favour.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 09:51 am
Quote:
Izzy said: I never supported the Iraq war. I don't remember seeing you on any anti war demonstrations.

You gotta be kidding us boy!
The Brit rightwing parties say we should STOP invading other countries and killing their people.
If you voted for the warmomgering Labour/Lib/Tories shame on you..Smile
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 09:55 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
They'll have their hands tied killing people at home. These are the sort of people who vote for far right people. Although you might find his discourse shoots right over your head.

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 10:32 am
I hope that guy in the vid becomes Prime Minister..Smile
Meanwhile we'll have to get used to seeing these posters in Muslim-controlled areas of Brit cities-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sharia-sticker.jpg
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 11:55 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I never supported the Iraq war. I don't remember seeing you on any anti war demonstrations.

It is really many of the U.S.progressive/liberals that believe that Blacks and other non-whites need assistance in the U.S., from the government, to advance. That is actually racist, in my opinion, since it implies that they do not have the ability to pick themselves up by their own bootstraps, as white ethnic immigrants did in the prior centuries.

In my opinion, you need to parse some of your political commentaries, since its validity might only be for Europe, because the U.S. has its own unique political paradigms.

Interestingly, only six months, or so ago, you were the main U.K. poster; however, today you seem to have a number of U.K. posters with opinions that do not necessarily mesh with yours. In a way, you have been defrocked, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 11:57 am
@izzythepush,
you sir, have been foofed.

his opinion is typically valued at about 2 cents.

even collecting them is fruitless...
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 12:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
it would help if the blacks who advataged economically from political power, ANC insiders, shared some of their windfall with the other blacks. nope.

And how is that different than the ruling class of whites and how they keep the populace uneducated?

You are generalizing and it applies to all people.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 01:34 pm