Snowdon is a dummy

BillRM

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 03:43 pm
@revelette2,
Quote:
if she really wants to be with him, it's a sticky situation all around.

Not at all as god know how many tens of thousands of babies are born to American women living outside the US and there is no problem or question of the child citizenship but then if she had some concern she could also take a short visit home to have the child on US soil.

To sum up it is not a problem.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2014 04:14 pm
@BillRM,
It's not "sticky" in the least.

http://immigration.findlaw.com/citizenship/u-s-citizenship-through-parents-or-by-birth.html/
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 05:19 am
For those who think that NSA does not do commercial spying.

Quote:

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2014/10/nsa_has_underco.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

NSA Has Undercover Operatives in Foreign Companies
The latest Intercept article on the Snowden documents talks about the NSA's undercover operatives working in foreign companies. There are no specifics, although the countries China, Germany, and South Korea are mentioned. It's also hard to tell if the NSA has undercover operatives working in companies in those countries, or has undercover contractors visiting those companies. The document is dated 2004, although there's no reason to believe that the NSA has changed its behavior since then.

The most controversial revelation in Sentry Eagle might be a fleeting reference to the NSA infiltrating clandestine agents into "commercial entities." The briefing document states that among Sentry Eagle's most closely guarded components are "facts related to NSA personnel (under cover), operational meetings, specific operations, specific technology, specific locations and covert communications related to SIGINT enabling with specific commercial entities (A/B/C)""

It is not clear whether these "commercial entities" are American or foreign or both. Generally the placeholder "(A/B/C)" is used in the briefing document to refer to American companies, though on one occasion it refers to both American and foreign companies. Foreign companies are referred to with the placeholder "(M/N/O)." The NSA refused to provide any clarification to The Intercept.

That program is SENTRY OSPREY, which is a program under SENTRY EAGLE.

The document makes no other reference to NSA agents working under cover. It is not clear whether they might be working as full-time employees at the "commercial entities," or whether they are visiting commercial facilities under false pretenses.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 05:43 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
The latest Intercept article on the Snowden documents ...
Tha was already published two weeks ago (and mentioned here).
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 07:12 am
@BillRM,
That is only true if the child enters the US with the his/her parents after having been born outside the US. For instance if it is only a trip they took and they had a baby outside the US. If the child was born outside the US and legally resides outsides the US, the parents have to apply for a naturalization of the child. Also, the child has to be in the US for the naturalization process and recite the oath of allegiance unless the child is too young. Also the parents had to have been in the US five years prior to the birth of the child, two of which after the age 14.

Consider unless Snowden comes back for trial he will still be outside the US, if they have a child, there are a lot of steps the mother will have to go through. But once she does, I reckon she go back. Unless of course they wait too late to have a child, then I am not sure the conditions will be met.

Also, I just now thought of it, if Snowden's girlfriend is not legally living in Russia, but only visiting, then, I think it is all simpler from the US perspective.

(all the information for the above I left a link for yesterday)

Anyway, this was all speculation on an event which has obviously not happened, it was a boring Sunday afternoon and I was just trying to get a conversation started.

revelette2

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 07:14 am
This is not about Snowden, but rather just privacy issues in general.

LinkedIn Accused Of Secretly Selling Your Professional Data To Potential Employers
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 09:17 am
@revelette2,
The title of this forum says diffferent, but it is all about privacy rights.

Commerce have always exchanged information about their customers, but not about terrorism - only about credit issues and buying habits. With commerce, you can always choose to change stores or banks, or use cash.

With mass data collection, you can't do anything about it. We can try to enforce the Constitution, but most understand how ineffective that is. Governments do what they want to do with the supreme court's blessings.
BillRM

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 09:51 am
@revelette2,
Quote:
Consider unless Snowden comes back for trial he will still be outside the US, if they have a child, there are a lot of steps the mother will have to go through.

Sorry but her and her child standings have zero to do with Snowden problems or her rights to return and bring her child with her.

An as I stated she could always return to the US for a month or so to have her child on American soil and then return to Snowden if there are any concerns about the matter.

Tens of thousands of American women a year have children off American soil and it is no big deal as must as you are trying to state otherwise.
revelette2

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 10:45 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
An as I stated she could always return to the US for a month or so to have her child on American soil and then return to Snowden if there are any concerns about the matter.

I wasn't aware you said this, I agree, she can.

Quote:
Tens of thousands of American women a year have children off American soil and it is no big deal as must as you are trying to state otherwise.

It is not a big deal if they are not legally residing outside the US when the child is born, then it somewhat complicated, but not terribly so, unless like Walter said, the laws where they are legally residing at are different. Why are you making it all such a big deal as though it is some kind of insult to Snowden or something?
0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 10:54 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Commerce have always exchanged information about their customers, but not about terrorism - only about credit issues and buying habits. With commerce, you can always choose to change stores or banks, or use cash.

Not if you do not know they are doing it. The company, LinkedIn, job reference tool allows potential employers to mine premium users employment history without the users consent which could result in a company not hiring them. It is a violation of consumer protection law if it turns out to be true.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 10:57 am
@revelette2,
"If it turns out to be true?" That's rumor and speculation. I don't live on rumor and speculation.
revelette2

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 11:02 am
@cicerone imposter,
Good grief, do you even bother to read the relevant information before commenting? It is not just rumors or speculation. A lawsuit has been filed against the company. A judge has to rule on the lawsuit because as of right now, it is an allegation and a lawsuit.

Quote:
A class-action lawsuit in California accuses the social network LinkedIn of violating federal consumer protection laws by selling users' employment history to potential employers without their consent.

The lawsuit filed Thursday in a federal court in Northern California takes issue with LinkedIn's job reference tool, which is available to employers who subscribe to its premium features. LinkedIn can generate reference reports that include the names, locations, and employment history of people who have worked with a given job seeker. The information in these reference reports, the lawsuit points out, could potentially be inaccurate. Applicants are not told when a potential employer runs a reference report.

The lawsuit states:

As such, any potential employer can anonymously dig into the employment history of any LinkedIn member, and make hiring and firing decisions based upon the information they gather, without the knowledge of the member, and without any safeguards in place as to the accuracy of the information that the potential employer has obtained.

Passed in 1970, the Fair Credit Reporting Act requires parties to let a person know when a consumer report is used to deny his or her application for employment, insurance, or credit. Furthermore, consumer consent is required in instances where potential employers pull such reports from a reporting agency. The suit will hinge on whether publicly traded company LinkedIn is considered a consumer reporting agency. The four plaintiffs named in the suit are suing for statutory and actual damages.

from the link embedded in the previous link I already left
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 11:05 am
@revelette2,
A lawsuit is not proof until a decision is made that they have broken any laws.

A presumption of innocence is the law of the land until a legal decision is made.

I'll wait for the legal determination.
revelette2

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 11:38 am
@cicerone imposter,
Oh, go ahead, you aggravating twit.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 08:44 pm
@revelette2,
I'm no aggravated twit; I worked in management most of my working career and understand about confidentiality of employee information. It was also my responsibility to train managers about the interview process; what to ask and not to ask.

That's been my background. How about you?
revelette2

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 09:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Which is all well and good but has nothing to do with the issue of hand which was of course, the company is innocent until proven guilty which is why I said, it was a lawsuit which alleged the company gave out information without the consumers consent. In other words your post was pointless because no one was saying otherwise.

No one said the company was guilty, in fact at first I said, "if true." At which point you replied you don't deal in speculation and rumors. I replied that it was more than rumors because it was lawsuit. Then you replied with the pointless, "innocent until proven guilty." I felt provoked into calling you a twit.

As far as what I have done, raised two daughters and continue to help to raise my grand daughters, pretty good wife and housewife for my husband. My family seems happy with me which is what matters for me. All of which has nothing to do with anything.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 09:18 pm
@revelette2,
You must have missed my post right after yours where I said I'll wait until the suit is settled.
revelette2

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2014 10:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Nope I didn't as it is in the same post in which I replied to.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2014 10:45 pm
@revelette2,
I would like conformation of this from your family. Very Happy Laughing Twisted Evil
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 04:53 am
According to researches by the tv-magazine "Frontal 21" (a series by the more conservative German public broadcaster ZDF) the German Federal Government gave permission for 110 'contractors' to work from US-bases in Germany in 2011 and 2012. The number is "reduced" to 44 now.
Among them is Booz Allen Hamilton, Snowden's former employer, allowed to do intelligence jobs from US-bases in Germany.

The German counter-intelligence said that they didn't have knowledge, these contractors would spy on Germans.

http://i61.tinypic.com/54xi7p.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/14l0fms.jpg
Source with linked video and transcript.