Frank Apisa

Mon 24 Nov, 2014 07:36 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

No it's 3, and on a gladness scale it's about -5. Saying you're laughing doesn't counteract the snide, and doesn't even come close to being glad.

This is glad. You need to spend a least the next half hour doing this in order to get back in the black.
http://images.rapgenius.com/a32a5c1b0598737ed6d1b061a13e6727.300x350x1.jpg

If you could see me...you would have no trouble understanding that I am enjoying this...and laughing with each post.

But...if you need to think I am not...go ahead and think it. Costs me nothing...and causes me to laugh even harder at your frustration.

Here's another:

Quote:
Actually, I was wrong.

I meant to write 367. Not sure how I did the 366.

In any case, I stand corrected.

If there are 367 people in the room...the chances of at least two people in the room with the same birthday is 100%.

Obviously.

http://able2know.org/topic/230222-2#post-5537669

Frank Apisa

Mon 24 Nov, 2014 07:43 pm
@Setanta,
Speaking of suckers, Setanta...

...are you going to be man enough (!!!) to acknowledge that you were wrong when you wrote:

Quote:
You, like Frank, are completely incapable of admitting that you may be wrong, so it's no surprise that you attempt to substantiate your claim with a passage which patently does not say what you claim it says.

I kinda doubt you will. To date, you have shown almost no inclination of being capable of admitting when you are wrong.
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 06:04 am
From Wikipedia:

In a 2010 column entitled Why I Don't Believe in the New Atheism, Tom Flynn contends that what has been called "New Atheism" is neither a movement nor new, and that what was new was the publication of atheist material by big-name publishers, read by millions, and appearing on best-seller lists.

An interesting take--not only a publishing opportunity for atheists, but for those who want to slam atheists, as well.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 06:23 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
What about the reproduction of viruses, Mr. Scientific Culture?

Another one of your misunderstandings, no doubt.
izzythepush

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 06:42 am
@Frank Apisa,
Why would you think I'm frustrated? I'm used to dealing with your spurious claims. You're not glad, and you should be. Try to stop moaning and post something full of joy, happiness and merriment, like me.

Your last one doesn't count, it was a self correction. If you were really laughing at every post it would be reflected in your replies. It ain't. Try doing the happy dance.

Setanta

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 06:50 am
@Olivier5,
There was no misunderstanding. You claimed that viruses cannot reproduce without DNA. I pointed out that there is an entire class of viruses, including influenza and ebola, which are RNA viruses. You then said that they used the DNA in host cells. That, of course, would mean that they would die out as soon as their last host died--but they don't, because they can reproduce using their RNA.

Mr. Scientific Culture.
Olivier5

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 07:00 am
@Setanta,
RNA or DNA makes no difference. A virus relies on the cell apparatus of his host to reproduce itself. It cannot reproduce without a host.
Setanta

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 07:26 am
@Olivier5,
That is not, however, what you said before, Mr. Scientific Culture. Essentially, if anyone does not agree with you, you alleged that they misundersrand or are incapable of understanding. You're hilarious.
Frank Apisa

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 07:27 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Why would you think I'm frustrated?

Because you are actually taking time to come here to tell me that I am not happy...when I am a very happy fellow. Saying "I am happy and content" is not something people normally lie about...and I certainly am not doing so.

So...that is why I am supposing you are frustrated. Thank you for asking.

Quote:

I'm used to dealing with your spurious claims. You're not glad, and you should be. Try to stop moaning and post something full of joy, happiness and merriment, like me.

Ahhh, so you think you sound full of joy, happiness, and merriment.

Okay...so you are joyful, happy, merry...and frustrated as hell.

Quote:
Your last one doesn't count, it was a self correction.

I don't even know what that means!

Quote:

If you were really laughing at every post it would be reflected in your replies. It ain't.

You just are not really looking...or you would see it...

...especially the part where I am roaring over your frustration. That really is hard to miss.

Quote:
Try doing the happy dance.

Nah...only people who are not actually content have to fake it.

Do you do that dance often?

Keep posting, Izzy. You bring extra entertainment into my Internet life.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCUDqOTe7poIeXv2zLYZneBaq57MDevuTuBaYzLOv8Fpup6HAC
izzythepush

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 07:45 am
@Frank Apisa,
You said you would do something "gladly." Have you? Have you ****.

You might very well be happy, but your actions are not done gladly. Begrudgingly is how I'd describe them.

Quote:

I can always make time to have a bit of a cavort.

Quote:

You could try showing a bit of bloody gratitude then. It's not easy cheering up a miserable git like you.
ossobuco

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 09:01 am
@ossobuco,
I was wrong on that. It was his kidney stone problem that was a big motivator.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 09:39 am
@Setanta,
Essentially, you keep fabricating useless, artificial disagreements out of misunderstanding and approximations. Quote me on viruses and RNA, and I shall prove it once again.
Frank Apisa

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 10:39 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You said you would do something "gladly." Have you? Have you ****.

You might very well be happy, but your actions are not done gladly. Begrudgingly is how I'd describe them.

Quote:

I can always make time to have a bit of a cavort.

Quote:

You could try showing a bit of bloody gratitude then. It's not easy cheering up a miserable git like you.

Yeah, Izzy...I have been doing what I said I would do. I would show that Setanta's assertion that I am completely incapable of admitting I am wrong...

...IS TOTALLY NONSENSE.

Setanta, of course, apparently is not man enough to correct himself. HE seems incapable of admitting when he is wrong.

Oh, I am still happy and smiling, Izzy. Great day...and looking forward to our Thanksgiving turkey...my favorite meal.

And here is another one which is directed to Hingehead" (number five, I think):

Quote:
Ahhh...I get that now.

I was confusing by it when I read it...and my remark should have been directed to whomever he was directing his remark.

Not sure why there are theists who think that the only thing holding society and civilization together is a devotion to gods...but obviously it is much more than that.

Thanks for calling my mistake to my attention, H.

http://able2know.org/topic/141106-386#post-5517397
izzythepush

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 12:40 pm
@Frank Apisa,
It's not about what Setanta said, it's about what you said you'd give gladly. And so you are left wanting.

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, it's just another day, but you have a good one anyway.

Quote:
Yeah, Izzy...I have been doing what I said I would do. I would show that Setanta's assertion that I am completely incapable of admitting I am wrong...

...IS TOTALLY NONSENSE.

Setanta, of course, apparently is not man enough to correct himself. HE seems incapable of admitting when he is wrong.

Now say you're a teacher with a class of kids, and you showed them the above quotation. If you then asked those kids to describe its tone, how many, do you reckon, would say "glad?"
Frank Apisa

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 01:09 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It's not about what Setanta said, it's about what you said you'd give gladly. And so you are left wanting.

I've given it gladly.

Apparently you will not accept it gladly, but just because you do not want to accept it gladly doesn't mean it was not given gladly.

Quote:
We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, it's just another day, but you have a good one anyway.

Yes, I know. And Yes...I will. Thank you, Iz.

Quote:

Quote:

...IS TOTALLY NONSENSE.

Now say you're a teacher with a class of kids, and you showed them the above quotation. If you then asked those kids to describe its tone, how many, do you reckon, would say "glad?"

Beats me.

But if YOU were to ask ME about how I feel...I would say that I feel on top of the world. I am a very, very content individual...and a happy one. Got a smile on my face right now.

None of that means I cannot take issue with Setanta and his silly proclamations.

In any case, Izzy, you ought to be spending less time fretting over my attitude and demeanor and more about why you are bothered so much because I am happy and content.

0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 04:36 pm
@Olivier5,
Why bother? I quoted and linked the post where you brought up that drivel about h.s.s. exterminating other hominids, and got no comment. I'm no more going to jump through hoops for your idiocy than i'm going to play Frank's idiot games.
Olivier5

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 04:39 pm
@Setanta,
I did respond on sapiens, clarifying your misunderstanding and all... :-)
0 Replies

Setanta

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 04:51 pm
No you didn't, you just introduced a series of irrelevancies which have no relationship to the post of yours which i quoted and linked. You have the rhetorical skills of an infant school student.
Setanta

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 05:09 pm
By the way, this is what you wrote:

"The reason yeti, sasquatch and other man-ape creatures are no longer extant is our distant Homo sapiens ancestors killed all neanderthal and other human species other than sapiens."

Now you're arguing against that. You're arguing with yourself. That's kind of like masturbation. Perhaps you'll understand why others won't be interested in that spectacle.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Tue 25 Nov, 2014 05:18 pm
@Setanta,
I am not a good rhetorician, that is true. I tend to rely on facts and honesty. But that doesn't work with you...
0 Replies