40

The benefits of meditation.

JLNobody

1  
Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 09:16 am
@igm,
Thanks, I like his emphasis on simply watching your mind--I call it being intimate with your personal reality.
igm

0  
Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 09:38 am
@JLNobody,
Thanks, he is one of my teachers... I thought I'd share... I'm happy you can relate your own experience with this explanation.
JLNobody

1  
Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 10:33 pm
@igm,
I also like his reference to meditation as "nutrition" for the mind.
igm

1  
Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 05:00 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:

I'm pretty sure I remember you, yourself, using those or very similar words.

sheranudeep

1  
Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 04:07 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
One of the greatest benefit of meditation is that it increases your focus . Most big people meditate for hours long before they take on the job of saving the world .

NoSuchThing

1  
Reply Tue 1 May, 2012 07:13 pm
@The Pentacle Queen,
The purpose of meditation is not to seek any benefit. If you do, you are lost.

“We could say that meditation doesn't have a reason or doesn't have a purpose. In this respect it's unlike almost all other things we do except perhaps making music and dancing. When we make music we don't do it in order to reach a certain point, such as the end of the composition. If that were the purpose of music then obviously the fastest players would be the best. Also, when we are dancing we are not aiming to arrive at a particular place on the floor as in a journey. When we dance, the journey itself is the point, as when we play music the playing itself is the point. And exactly the same thing is true in meditation. Meditation is the discovery that the point of life is always arrived at in the immediate moment.” - Alan Watts.

The Pentacle Queen

1  
Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2015 03:39 pm
JL, was just looking through this thread after a long time.
Regarding the talk about relationships -- what do you do with the thought about seeing your partner again if you haven't seen them for a long time? Surely you can't help imagining that situation and what it would be like, and therefore projecting onto the future. I know one way of understanding that is that it is a projection, but should you try not to indulge the thought?
pq x

samson25

0  
Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2015 02:56 am
@JLNobody,
Meditalion is really healthy. It makes your body be in ballance with your mind.
Krumple

1  
Reply Fri 3 Jul, 2015 05:37 am
@samson25,
samson25 wrote:

Saying anything about meditation to JLN is like telling a painter to use paint.

Villion

1  
Reply Mon 2 Jan, 2017 04:55 am
@Gala,
In true meditation the breathing must become so small that it becomes unnoticed. No chest, no shoulders, no belly should give the least indication of movement. So I think the epithet "steady" applied to the breathing in meditation can't be very good epithet.

zuan

0  
Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2017 07:30 am
These are health benefits of Meditation:-
1.Lowers high blood pressure, lowers the levels of blood lactate, reducing anxiety attacks
2.Decreases any tension-related pain, such as, tension headaches, ulcers, insomnia, muscle and joint problems
3.Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
4.Improves the immune system
5.Increases the energy level, as you gain an inner source of energy.

BrianWilliams

1  
Reply Thu 5 Jan, 2017 11:22 pm
There are various benefits associated with meditation such as stress reduction, lower blood pressure, aids concentration, aids relaxation, promotes clearer thinking, helps with mental health issues, helps with emotional health issues and many more.