Surgery--Again

Roberta

Reply Mon 6 Jul, 2015 10:27 pm
@ehBeth,
No. Joanie was busy. Crying or Very sad
dlowan

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 06:32 am
@Roberta,
Good news! I liked it only because of you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 11:14 am
@Roberta,
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6d/83/f9/6d83f9ab0a5468d6a15c7fc47893d1c5.jpg
Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 02:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Bethie, This got a very big smile from me. If I wore lipstick, this is what dem two dawgs would look like. Thanks.

BTW, they were here yesterday. They lighten my life.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 02:18 pm
@Roberta,
I'm so glad you and the dogs saw each other again.

Very Happy

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 03:48 pm
Back from Bellevue. Saw one of my numerous cancer docs. He told me I won't need chemo. He also told me that he wants me checked for osteoporosis. And he gave me a prescription that should reduce the possibilities of the cancer returning.

Just as I walked in my door, I got a call from someone at my social services agency. They're making a film/video about volunteers and volunteering. I'm not a volunteer; I'm a voluntee. I've been asked to be in the film with Joanie, Heaven, and Holly. (Joanie and the dogs are the volunteers.) Our segment of the film will be shot in my apartment. I agreed to this despite the hysterical cleaning that will take place prior to the shoot.

I was in a film for Bellevue. Now this. Hollywood, duck! The toothless wonder is on her way.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 03:49 pm
@Roberta,
Love it!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 04:00 pm
@Roberta,
For this you should have teeth!!!!!!!

Great news with the chemo.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 08:57 pm
Wow!

How good is that! ? Those dogs will be stars! - and their friends, too Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 04:36 pm
I saw the radiation oncology people on Monday. The nature of the cancer I have usually requires five radiation zaps. This is relatively few considering I've experienced six and eight weeks of radiation previously. Yes, I glow in the dark.

Then I learned that I'll be part of a study. I'll get three ramped up doses or the regular five. Either way, I'm please and relieved. I'm heading back to the radiation place on Monday, when I'll be positioned, tattooed, and scheduled. I'm looking forward to this being over.

dlowan

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 02:43 am
@Roberta,
Being in a study is good, as you doubtless already know. Well done! Hope it's over soon too.
Izzie

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 03:54 am
@Roberta,
Holding your hand and putting the kettle on... Never far away, reading and listening and always keeping you close in my heart, thoughts and prayers. Wishing you to heal speedily and that damned C be-gone. I'm so looking forward to you being well too and dem gorgeous dawgs visiting with you soonish. Love you Goil xxx x oxox
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 12:03 am
@dlowan,
deb, Not my first study. However, I dropped out of some others. I'm not big on keeping records. This study requires nothing more than my showing up. I can do that.

Izzie, I paraphrase a line from one of the romantic poets (Worsdworth?): My heart leaps up when I behold Izzie on these boards. Good, good to see you. I think about you. Glad to know you're lurking. I saw the dogs last week. I love dem. Please take good care of yourself, querida.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2015 08:14 am
Izzie and Boida - two special people to me.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 05:14 am
I want somebody to know where I'll be.

I'm headed to the hospital (Bellevue)--asthma problems. I'm not going to the ER. I'm going to the asthma clinic, hoping that they'll take me without an appointment.

I'll report when I'm back.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 09:12 am
Back from Bellevue. Got there on a nonclinic day. At first they were gonna send me to the ER. However, they managed to find me a nurse and then a doctor. I have three new prescriptions.

I'm gonna rest and then gear up for radiation on Monday.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 09:16 am
@Roberta,
Glad to hear they saw you without sending you to ER.

Is Monday #3 of 5? or 3 of 3?

Dog visit soon?
Roberta

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 05:07 pm
@ehBeth,
The ER was almost a done deal. They brought out a wheelchair to get me there. But the nurse started checking me in the waiting room and decided it wasn't necessary. Hey, I'm practically a professional patient. When I need the ER, I go to the ER. Didn't know that the clinic was closed on Fridays. Live and loin.

Monday is one of five.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 05:08 pm
@Roberta,
1 of 5?

well okay then

I was hoping (obviously) that you were closer to the end of the treatments than the start.
Roberta

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2015 10:04 pm
@ehBeth,
I haven't seen the dogs for a while. Don't know when the next time will be. I'm missing them big time. I need a canine fix. Phooey.