America, how do you see America in the future

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2007 05:21 am
Finn sniffed "In Australia, illegal immigrants (mostly muslim) are herded into containment camps. "

Roxxxanne wittily and skillfully replied:

"In the god old USA, we just throw em in good ole fashion jails although being confined in a tent in 110 degree Arizona heat is a loose description of a jail. If we had someone to uphold our Constitution that would be "cruel and unusual punishment." But, as serious thinkers know, our Constitution was piled onto the trash heap six years ago."

Then Finn sniffed in a way only he can sniff:

"Well, jails are the generally accepted habitation for criminals."

So why are you complaining that the Aussies jail their criminals?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 07:33 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
Look at their economies, it's a trend. Each has a population of one billion and a GDP that's growing per year much faster than other economies.

Few decades, in human history, is but a flittering moment. So yes, I did mean it will happen in a short time and a few decades is what I consider a short time.

If I had any more precise predictions, believe me I would not be sitting here, but make a living out of it. These specualtions are only entertaining (to me) for a very short while. I don't see much use in it.

So you believe that super-heated economies in nations so destitute that the only direction is up will eventually assure Big Dog status?

I'm surprised at you dagmaraka, based on your previous postings I would not have thought you someone to hold momentary economic growth is such high regard.

If the disparity between the haves and the have nots, environmental abuse, reductions in personal freedoms and corruption are the forces that threaten to take the current Big Dog down a peg or two, how can they not have retarding effect on the ascendancy of the New Pups. In fact so much greater are these ill forces present in the New Pups, one has to wonder if they will prevent, and not simply retard, ascendancy.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 07:52 pm
Amigo wrote:
New Americas will be born and old one will self-destruct it's the cycle of human nature/history.A people this materialistic, apathetic, addicted to vice, ignorant and spoiled cannot last too long.

Sort of like the Roman Empire which lasted, by conservative estimates, a mere 675 years. There's a number of different estimates of the length of the "Empire" in China which range in the thousands of years. Hell even the Mali Empire lasted about 200 years. Let's see, while America has been around since 1776, any consideration of it as an Empire needs to begin at the end of World War II in 1945. So The American Empire is about 62 years old. Even in these accelerated times we should have a few more years left in us.

It's darwinism. The American spirit is being reborn in other parts of the planet, The ghost of Tom Paine.

Historical darwinism? Anything like social darwinism? Now if we are going to compare the life of the American Empire to the "life" of a species than surely we have a few more years to go.

We are the English now. Fat and oblivious behind the castle walls playing with our cell phones.

Whether one counts the 12th, 15th or 17th century as the beginning of the British Empire it had a pretty long run as well. Sure the Brits are no longer the Big Dogs, but "fat and oblivious behind the castle walls playing with (their) cell phones?" That's pretty harsh.

I am an American wherever it may be.

What do you think it is?

Tea parties in South America, in Iraq, in india.

So the Spirit of Thoma Paine is in South America (where? Venezuala, Brazil, Columbia?) Iraq (really?) and India. How do you figure?

0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 08:16 pm
Did sombody pass gas? phew.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 08:50 pm
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Friedrich Nietzsche
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:26 pm
dyslexia wrote:
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.
Friedrich Nietzsche

So who wields the power on A2K?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:28 pm
Amigo wrote:
Did sombody pass gas? phew.

That's the best you can do?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:29 pm
No, thats all your worth.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 09:32 pm
momentary economic growth?

wake up, finn.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:01 pm
Amigo wrote:
No, thats all your worth.

Can there be a more childish repsonse? Pathetic.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:18 pm
That a seemingly logical, reasonable, articulate, rational adult would argue in defence of the self-destructive crass policies of greed, power and terror.

For that I cannot give you a response as childish and pathetic as you warrant.

You come here to feed your bitterness of failure for being among the fools that gave away his countrys honor and integrity.

Choke on it.

New Rome
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:24 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
momentary economic growth?

wake up, finn.

Wake up to what Dag?

By the very time scale you have cited to support you own statements, the recent economic success of China and India can only be termed "momentary."

If you would argue that your statement that America will decline "before long" is based on a time scale wherein "before long" means multiple decades, than the economic achievement of these two nations within the span of less than a decade must be seen as occupying quite a small slice of time, i.e. momentary.

Perhaps your position would be better served by a reasoned response than a smart-ass throw off...or maybe it's the best you can do.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 10:50 pm
Amigo wrote:
That a seemingly logical, reasonable, articulate, rational adult would argue in defence of the self-destructive crass policies of greed, power and terror.

For that I cannot give you a response as childish and pathetic as you warrant.

You come here to feed your bitterness of failure for being among the fools that gave away his countrys honor and integrity.

Choke on it.

New Rome

Amigo wrote:
Grrrrrr! Aarrrrgh!

Sorry, still pathetic. I would hope you could do better - I guess not.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 11:13 pm
I degrade myself talking to you Laughing

I should have quit while I was ahead. Your a little nutty partner. Your the right wing undead.

Haunting the threads in denial, trolling for victims, grasping and desperate.

You reek with it. Your good at it. congratulations, you found a talent.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 12:47 am
bm
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2007 10:25 pm
Amigo wrote:

I should have quit while I was ahead. Your a little nutty partner. Your the right wing undead.

I know you are but what am I?

Pathetic.
0 Replies

HokieBird

Reply Wed 25 Jul, 2007 09:55 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Amigo wrote:

Pathetic.

Careful, Finn dAbuzz. NBC's Dateline will be knocking on your door asking why you're conversing with a 13-year old.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 05:02 pm
HokieBird wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Amigo wrote:

Pathetic.

Careful, Finn dAbuzz. NBC's Dateline will be knocking on your door asking why you're conversing with a 13-year old.

I didn't think of that Hokie, thanks for the warning.

Still, it is fun to see how out of control Amigo can be spun.

I guess the run is over now though.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 27 Jul, 2007 05:06 pm
HokieBird wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Amigo wrote:

Pathetic.

Gosh, do you really think he is an adolescent? I know he seems like one but if he really is I'll feel guilty.

Naaaaaah....He's, chronlogically, an adult.
0 Replies