Dallas, Texas

Ethel2

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2007 06:04 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Ok, now, here's an article that could be useful...

On Tex-Mex food

Excellent article, Osso. And for goooooood Tex-Mex Herrara's can't be beat. However, there are plenty of other good Tex-Mex restaurants in Dalas. Cantina Laredo and Mi Cocinna, in that order. You can actually get good Tex-Mex on every corner in Dallas. I don't know about Irving. I make it a point to never go there unless it's a matter of life or death.

And if the barbecue is made of the people at Dickey's it's likely of food NPR listening liberals. Because it's sooooo sweet.

Oh oh, and don't forget Kuby's in Synder Plaza in Highland Park. Excellent choice and quality of German food, including yummy German bread.

Those are my opinions for today.

For Linkat, not every resident of Irving is unlikable, just the majority of them. So I'm sure your friends there are quite nice and must be suffering as Thomas will be if he lives there. I agree with Thomas, it's housing developments and giant Malls, except for the University of Dallas, with which I am so unimpressed.

Sorry to be such a cynic. But I just don't like Dallas much.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 12:59 am
hamburger wrote:
alphons dimpflmeyer ships to the U.S.

DIMPFLMEYER

Looks delicious. Thanks Hamburger!

Lola wrote:
But I just don't like Dallas much.

Yes, I'm almost getting this impression, too. Have you already had your exam? How did it go?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 08:36 am
Thomas wrote:
... I'll check it out the next time I'm in Dallas, probably around December 1st. (The new boss made an offer with December 1 penciled in as my first day of work. He suggests that whatever work I do for the old boss during the transition period, I can do from Dallas. This should work because it's mostly software development and testing, which I can do anywhere with an internet connection.)

So... is this a done deal? Offer made and accepted by all interested parties?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 09:14 am
JPB wrote:
Thomas wrote:
... I'll check it out the next time I'm in Dallas, probably around December 1st. (The new boss made an offer with December 1 penciled in as my first day of work. He suggests that whatever work I do for the old boss during the transition period, I can do from Dallas. This should work because it's mostly software development and testing, which I can do anywhere with an internet connection.)

So... is this a done deal? Offer made and accepted by all interested parties?

Short answer: Yes, it is.

Long answer: Yes it is, but I noticed I need it to be the 15th of December for logistical reasons. All interested parties have agreed to this orally. Now all they have to do is send me a contract to sign, and then all I have to do is read it, suggest corrections if needed, and sign it. I don't expect any of this to be a problem. Things are looking pretty good right now!
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 09:35 am
Congrats, thomas. I'll be very pleased to have you a bit closer. Albuquerque is about midway and imposing on the dyslexias is fine fun.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 09:48 am
blatham wrote:
Congrats, thomas. I'll be very pleased to have you a bit closer. Albuquerque is about midway and imposing on the dyslexias is fine fun.
Awesome idea.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 09:50 am
Germans allowed over your threshold?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 09:52 am
blatham wrote:

Who cares if they aren't? Dys is a chease eater. I'm sure he's a surrender monkey too.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 09:54 am
blatham wrote:

Psscht: claims were already staked - Bavarians might get only smaller ones.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 09:59 am
Thomas wrote:

Long answer: Yes it is, but I noticed I need it to be the 15th of December for logistical reasons.

What a pitty! If you really can't be there, you'll miss the 103rd Annual German Christmas Candlelight Celebration on Sunday, December 9, 2007 at 5:30 pm in the Margarite B. Parker Chapel at Trinity University! Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 10:01 am
The neu-German institute of southwestern edification..
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 10:04 am
Oh, I will be in Dallas on the 8th. I still have 11 days of paid leave in Germany. I intend to use them to fly to Dallas and start getting settled there: find an home to rent, buy a car, maybe buy some furniture, sign insurance policies, and so forth.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 10:05 am
Thomas wrote:

Short answer: Yes, it is.

Long answer: Yes it is, but I noticed I need it to be the 15th of December for logistical reasons. All interested parties have agreed to this orally. Now all they have to do is send me a contract to sign, and then all I have to do is read it, suggest corrections if needed, and sign it. I don't expect any of this to be a problem. Things are looking pretty good right now!

Glad to hear it, Thomas.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 10:18 am
Quote:
buy a car

Ethically, you should buy an efficient, low-polluting hybrid to balance out for lola and I not doing so.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 10:21 am
http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/glamourdogstore/hummer-quarter02.jpg
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 10:25 am
The perfect Thomas auto. I'll contribute a "honk if you are horny" bumper sticker.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2007 10:52 am
From the mandatory Texan vehicle accessory collection

http://www.wackyinventions.com/photos/logoballs.jpg
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 01:45 am
ehBeth wrote:
From the mandatory Texan vehicle accessory collection

http://www.wackyinventions.com/photos/logoballs.jpg

This is hilarious! I saw many while I was visiting Dallas in August. It's for real. They hang from the license plates in the rear of the car. Amazing.

Well good Thomas. I'll be in Dallas for Christmas. Bernie may come too. Will you be there? Or will you be going home for the holidays?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 02:41 am
Lola wrote:

Well good Thomas. I'll be in Dallas for Christmas. Bernie may come too. Will you be there? Or will you be going home for the holidays?

14 of Forbes' richest call Dallas "home". If Thomas stays there over christmas, it will be 15.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 03:51 am
Lola wrote:

I won't be going home to Germany over Christmas, so I'll either stay in Dallas or visit my friends in Saint Louis. But even if I fly to Saint Louis, I'll come back on the 25th. It would be lovely to meet you in Dallas if you're still there then.
0 Replies