Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Montana

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 08:19 am
eoe wrote:
Do what you feel you have to do but trust me, borrowing money from you, allowing you to miss a semester of school, he's not gonna get away with that. Don't know how spiritual you are but karma is a mother and he will get his.

Do you know for certain that his wife is in the dark?

I'm also a firm believer in "what goes around, comes around" and only because I've watched it happen time and time again ;-)
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 08:26 am
No. Revenge hurts.

I've done my share of vengeful "I am God" style crap. It is like crack. Might feel good for one instant, then a whole lot of mess to clean up afterwards. Rots you inside.

Besides, it usually ends up furthering the losers agenda. Unless you were to kill them. And even then. You've signed on voluntarily to their game, their turf.

One thing I need to say here. The OP has made some decisions along the line. They didn't turn out with outcome wanted. In fact, the person used it cruelly against her.

Those decisions were hers though. To give the money. To delay school. Own it and the dreams of busting his ass will leave a lot sooner. I promise you. You can start fixing and righting your life as you see fit, not in response to your pain.

Revenge. Ha. That would delay the time when personal responsibility and the others responsibility in all this gets disentangled. Blaming wears thin.

The hardest thing is forgiving yourself. Forgiving them means nothing, getting square with them. It's about yourself really.
I wouldn't sacrifice what I learned about that for anything. Only the hard and high road can teach you some things you might need to learn.

There are all sorts of bastards and wounded people in this world. And the truth is, the world isn't always just in the ways we want.

If you go through with this, you might find that the wife will listen: and go right back. They often do. You might end up 'alone' in this.

I can tell you that it has been really hard for me to share info with someone else involved in the deceit that hit my life, only to have them share and listen as a friend. To grow to care about them because it all was so HONEST. Only to lose that person too....and watch them get hurt.

I'd do it again though. I do think it is mainly about re-defining yourself.

Take the road that will be in accord with who you really, deeply are and want to be. You can't go wrong with that.

sorry to ramble so long. Smile
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 08:26 am
Same here Montana.
I've seen the few men who broke my heart SUFFER baby. And I didn't have to lift a finger. Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 08:33 am
Eoe, and that is the sweetest revenge of all. Just sit back and watch. Maybe make some popcorn Cool
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 08:35 am
Excellent post, MP.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 08:38 am
Liliann--

Mushypancakes makes some excellent points about seeking your own healing and inner balance before you take on other people's complicated issues.

As far as "hurting" the wife--her husband has done this. You are simply providing information about his actions.

Informing her of his repeated infidelity will not be a pleasant experience for either one of you, but once she has the unpalatable information she can make her own decisions.

These decisions aren't your business--besides, you have your own emotional baggage from your faithless lover to deal with.

Good luck.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies