100 Days Clean and Sober, 110 Days Celibate

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 03:47 pm
I plan to stay sober the rest of my life, my sexual addiction fueled my drug and alcohol use, so I took a vow of celibacy when I stopped using. I hadn't really considered how long I would remain celibate although definitely 90 days which, of course, I passed.

I am starting to climb the walls, I could put an ad on the internet and get a guy over here within an hour but I will never, ever engage in that again. (I was trading sex for drugs basically) and anyway, I much prefer women, I have a couple platonic relationships (Women) that may lead to something more intimate, one with a woman who IDs as straight, although she has explored before.

What I really miss is the affection and the warmth that only a relationship with a woman can bring. (although there are rare man who can possess tha sensuousness and sensitivity.

Anyway, I am grateful to be sober after 4 years of drinking and drugging.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,220 • Replies: 58
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 03:56 pm
May I be the first to offer you a serious congrats. May you continue with that path that you have chosen. Every day on that path is a day that validates and strengthens your commitment. Keep that string going...we're rooting for you.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 04:01 pm
You do it cold turkey, or you have any kind of support? If you were a serious addict, it might take more than just willpower to keep you away from that first line, hit, toke, pill, drink, etc.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 04:05 pm
I am in outpatient care as well as AA meetings daily, I tried quitting on my own countless times without success. Kaiser-Permanente has a great program. Also, I am on disabilty so my only job is to get sober and get healthy.

Thanks for the support and caring!
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 04:27 pm
Good for you, Roxxxanne! I'm happy for you and I wish you all the best-- just don't start being so well-behaved that you start pulling your punches over on the Politics forum, okay? :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 04:33 pm
That's good news, Roxxxanne.

Taking care of yourself can only lead to better things all round.

(I like the new avatar)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 04:39 pm
Im approaching my 5th year.

You can do it.
It will bust your ass... but you can do it. Wink
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 04:58 pm
I just got off the phone with my sponsor, she really keeps me focused on what is important, I am now working the fourth step, a very critical step, this is very hard work but it beats the alternative.

BTW I feel I will have to make amends for some of the things that I have said although a lot of it was tongue in cheek.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 05:18 pm
Good decision, Roxxxanne. Lot of support from me...
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 05:32 pm
So that's what you've been up to.

I'm happy for you. Good work, Roxxanne.

It's also a pleasure to hear more of your 'real voice' on A2K.

So what new ways have you found to enjoy yourself and celebrate your achievements?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 05:35 pm
Roxxxanne--

Congratulations.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 06:17 pm
Another heart-felt congratulations from me, Roxxanne!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 27 Jun, 2007 09:24 pm
I just got back from an "eatin' meetin'" (where they have potluck for an hour, then have a meeting for the 2nd hour). There were 4 people there celebrating AA birthdays. The one with the least sobriety had 18 years sober. I went with my new sponsor. He and I both got sober in 1991. It can be done- a day at a time, Roxxanne.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:17 am
Good for you, Roxxxanne.

Hurray! http://www.fishsniffer.com/forumsyabb2006/Smilies/cheerleader.gif
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:27 am
Good Morning Roxanne

Like mushypancakes said, "so that's where you've been"

That's wonderful news Roxanne, I'm pulling for you.

Don't be a stranger here, with your one post, I think you just aquired a lot of support and some good friends.

One can never have enough friends, or ears to listen, shoulders to cry on.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 04:41 am
Terrific achievement, Rox.

Joe(Way to GO!)Nation
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:47 am
Congrats Roxxanne. And keep up the good work of staying sober. I'll be rooting for you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 05:50 am
That's a tremendous accomplishment, and I'm proud of you.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 08:01 am
Roxanne
Roxanne, congratulations for learning to live a life worth living.

BBB
0 Replies

Heatwave

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 08:41 am
Kicking smoking was hard enough for me - you're in a different league altogether. Congratulations!!
0 Replies