Why Aren't Pro-Choicer's Screaming Bloody Murder About This?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 1 Jul, 2007 02:55 am
baddog1 wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
Quote:
Why Aren't Pro-Choicer's Screaming Bloody Murder About This?

Why should they be?

Oh - I don't know. Rolling Eyes There are only hundreds of pages on this site going on about how the unborn are not humans, should have no rights, should be exterminated if Mommy doesn't want it, are akin to a chicken egg...and so on. Yet your government representatives see fit to charge this fellow with the extermination of a ahem zygote!!!

It seems that the pro-choicers would use this grand opportunity to stand up
for their beliefs and speak out for the poor fellow's rights
(when pertaining to the murder charge against said zygote) -
yet it's eerily silent out there
. :wink:

I have always believed in women 's freedom of abortion,
as an aspect of everyone 's natural right of self defense;
the same as if a woman had any other parasite,
e.g., a deer tick or a bacterial infection.

A person has a natural right to defend himself, or herself,
from ANY parasite, be it human or not.

However, this fellow was not the victim of any parasite,
and hence had no right of self defense therefrom.

As I c it,
a fetus has a potential of becoming a human,
when more intellectually developed,
but in any case,
the defendant had no right to kill the fetus, WHATEVER he was.
Assuming, for the sake of argument, that the fetus
was not a human, that does not give the defendant the right to kill him,
the same as he has no right to kill the woman 's dog.

If defense counsel argues that the deceased fetus
was not a full human, I can concede that
killing a fullly developed human while he is watching TV
is a lot worse than just killing a pre-conscious fetus.
David
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 11:07 am
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 11:20 am
baddog1 wrote:

The law doesn't need to be amended. Here's what it says:
    [url=http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2903]2903.02 Murder.[/url] (A) No person shall purposely cause the death of another or the unlawful termination of another's pregnancy. ... (D) Whoever violates this section is guilty of murder, and shall be punished as provided in section 2929.02 of the Revised Code.

Under Ohio law, therefore, anyone who "unlawfully terminates another's pregnancy" is guilty of murder.
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 12:55 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
baddog1 wrote:

[url=http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2903]2903.02 Murder.[/url] (A) No person shall purposely cause the death of another or the unlawful termination of another's pregnancy. ... (D) Whoever violates this section is guilty of murder, and shall be punished as provided in section 2929.02 of the Revised Code.

Under Ohio law, therefore, anyone who "unlawfully terminates another's pregnancy" is guilty of murder.

Thanks Joe!

It appears (to the letter of the law) that this fellow would be guilty of the double homicide if he murdered this poor woman an instant after they conceived. Is this how you read it?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 01:44 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
baddog1 wrote:
Should the laws be amended for pre-birth beings?

Quote:

If I understand Mr. Dog 's question accurately,
he invites comment as to whether or not the legislature 's judgment
was faulty in failing to establish different penalties
for killing a fully developed human,
as distinct from killing a potential future human
that is not yet developed.

In my opinion,
killing a walking, talking, thinking, reasoning human,
who is already having fun,
is a lot worse than killing a fetus.

If I had to vote on this question,
I 'd vote for a lesser criminal penalty for killing a fetus.

( Altho I am usually a very opinionated person, I will admit to entertaining some doubts about this. )

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 01:51 pm
baddog1 wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
baddog1 wrote:

Thanks Joe!

It appears (to the letter of the law) that this fellow would be guilty of the double homicide if he murdered this poor woman an instant after they conceived.
Is this how you read it?

That is MY understanding of the quoted statute.
David
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 02:00 pm
Quote:

As used in sections 2903.01 to 2903.08, 2903.11 to 2903.14, 2903.21, and 2903.22 of the Revised Code:

(A) "Unlawful termination of another's pregnancy" means causing the death of an unborn member of the species homo sapiens, who is or was carried in the womb of another, as a result of injuries inflicted during the period that begins with fertilization and that continues unless and until live birth occurs.

(B) "Another's unborn" or "such other person's unborn" means a member of the species homo sapiens, who is or was carried in the womb of another, during a period that begins with fertilization and that continues unless and until live birth occurs.

(C) Notwithstanding divisions (A) and (B) of this section, in no case shall the definitions of the terms "unlawful termination of another's pregnancy," "another's unborn," and "such other person's unborn" that are set forth in division (A) of this section be applied or construed in any of the following manners:

(1) Except as otherwise provided in division (C)(1) of this section, in a manner so that the offense prohibits or is construed as prohibiting any pregnant woman or her physician from performing an abortion with the actual consent of the pregnant woman, with the consent of the pregnant woman implied by law in a medical emergency, or with the approval of one otherwise authorized by law to consent to medical treatment on behalf of the pregnant woman. An abortion that violates the conditions described in the immediately preceding sentence may be punished as a violation of section 2903.01, 2903.02, 2903.03, 2903.04, 2903.05, 2903.06, 2903.08, 2903.11, 2903.12, 2903.13, 2903.14, 2903.21, or 2903.22 of the Revised Code, as applicable. An abortion that does not violate the conditions described in the second immediately preceding sentence, but that does violate section 2919.12, division (B) of section 2919.13, or section 2919.151 , 2919.17, or 2919.18 of the Revised Code, may be punished as a violation of section 2919.12, division (B) of section 2919.13, or section 2919.151 , 2919.17, or 2919.18 of the Revised Code, as applicable.

(2) In a manner so that the offense is applied or is construed as applying to a woman based on an act or omission of the woman that occurs while she is or was pregnant and that results in any of the following:

(a) Her delivery of a stillborn baby;

(b) Her causing, in any other manner, the death in utero of an unborn that she is carrying;

(c) Her causing the death of her child who is born alive but who dies from one or more injuries that are sustained while the child is an unborn;

(d) Her causing her child who is born alive to sustain one or more injuries while the child is an unborn;

(e) Her causing, threatening to cause, or attempting to cause, in any other manner, an injury, illness, or other physiological impairment, regardless of its duration or gravity, or a mental illness or condition, regardless of its duration or gravity, to an unborn that she is carrying.

Effective Date: 08-18-2000

From the time of conception as written in the law.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 02:23 pm
parados wrote:

Yep.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 03:11 pm
Well that's just stupid.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 2 Jul, 2007 03:50 pm
Does that mean he gets hanged once or 2ice ?
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 10:19 am
parados wrote:
Quote:

As used in sections 2903.01 to 2903.08, 2903.11 to 2903.14, 2903.21, and 2903.22 of the Revised Code:

(A) "Unlawful termination of another's pregnancy" means causing the death of an unborn member of the species homo sapiens, who is or was carried in the womb of another, as a result of injuries inflicted during the period that begins with fertilization and that continues unless and until live birth occurs.

(B) "Another's unborn" or "such other person's unborn" means a member of the species homo sapiens, who is or was carried in the womb of another, during a period that begins with fertilization and that continues unless and until live birth occurs.

(C) Notwithstanding divisions (A) and (B) of this section, in no case shall the definitions of the terms "unlawful termination of another's pregnancy," "another's unborn," and "such other person's unborn" that are set forth in division (A) of this section be applied or construed in any of the following manners:

(1) Except as otherwise provided in division (C)(1) of this section, in a manner so that the offense prohibits or is construed as prohibiting any pregnant woman or her physician from performing an abortion with the actual consent of the pregnant woman, with the consent of the pregnant woman implied by law in a medical emergency, or with the approval of one otherwise authorized by law to consent to medical treatment on behalf of the pregnant woman. An abortion that violates the conditions described in the immediately preceding sentence may be punished as a violation of section 2903.01, 2903.02, 2903.03, 2903.04, 2903.05, 2903.06, 2903.08, 2903.11, 2903.12, 2903.13, 2903.14, 2903.21, or 2903.22 of the Revised Code, as applicable. An abortion that does not violate the conditions described in the second immediately preceding sentence, but that does violate section 2919.12, division (B) of section 2919.13, or section 2919.151 , 2919.17, or 2919.18 of the Revised Code, may be punished as a violation of section 2919.12, division (B) of section 2919.13, or section 2919.151 , 2919.17, or 2919.18 of the Revised Code, as applicable.

(2) In a manner so that the offense is applied or is construed as applying to a woman based on an act or omission of the woman that occurs while she is or was pregnant and that results in any of the following:

(b) Her causing, in any other manner, the death in utero of an unborn that she is carrying;

(c) Her causing the death of her child who is born alive but who dies from one or more injuries that are sustained while the child is an unborn;

(d) Her causing her child who is born alive to sustain one or more injuries while the child is an unborn;

(e) Her causing, threatening to cause, or attempting to cause, in any other manner, an injury, illness, or other physiological impairment, regardless of its duration or gravity, or a mental illness or condition, regardless of its duration or gravity, to an unborn that she is carrying.

I sure don't understand this situation. In either case (abortion by Mom or murder by another) the life of a being is terminated. What's the difference?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 10:21 am
baddog1 wrote:
What's the difference?

Hysteria induced by unreasoning religious fanaticism.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 11:49 am
baddog1 wrote:
parados wrote:
Quote:

I sure don't understand this situation.
In either case (abortion by Mom or murder by another) the life of a being is terminated.

What's the difference?

The difference is that if it is done by the mother,
she is JUSTIFIED by principles of self defense from a parasite,
whereas if it is done by someone else,
it is not defensive, and the fetus is not a bloodsucking parasite.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 12:01 am
I've done a great deal of thinking about the whole murder issue and how to address the issue of the unborn with it.

As I have stated numerous times before in the S&R threads on the related abortion issue, I believe the rights of the unborn are the custody of the mother. If as in this case a mother is murdered, allong with the unborn, these rights were trespassed upon via the mother as a medium.

I believe the mother grants those rights to her unborn at birth, the removal of those rights by an outside force is a violation IMO.

T
K
O
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 12:25 am
Diest TKO wrote:
I've done a great deal of thinking about the whole murder issue and how to address the issue of the unborn with it.

As I have stated numerous times before in the S&R threads on the related abortion issue, I believe the rights of the unborn are the custody of the mother. If as in this case a mother is murdered, allong with the unborn, these rights were trespassed upon via the mother as a medium.

I believe the mother grants those rights to her unborn at birth, the removal of those rights by an outside force is a violation IMO.

T
K
O

This is not inteligibly expressed.
David
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 01:05 am
uh...to simplfy: only a mother has the right to choose the fate of the unborn in my opinion. Otherwise, it's murder.

T
K
O
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 07:26 am
So stipulated.

I c it as an aspect of the natural right of self defense,
as from any parasite.
David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 07:27 am
Does TKO mean
technical knock out ?
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 08:47 am
Diest TKO wrote:
uh...to simplfy: only a mother has the right to choose the fate of the unborn in my opinion. Otherwise, it's murder.

T
K
O

Hi Deist:

So if Mommy kills the little one it's OK and not murder, but if anyone else does - it is murder?

Either way - the unborn is purposely terminated for the convenience of another.

Right?
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 08:53 am
baddog1 wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:

T
K
O

Hi Deist:

So if Mommy kills the little one it's OK and not murder, but if anyone else does - it is murder?

Either way - the unborn is purposely terminated for the convenience of another.

Right?

Rong.

Self defense is more than just convenience;
like if an M.D. tells u that u have a tapeworm in your gut,
and u tell him to get it out.
It has no right to be there.
David
0 Replies