Worst Actor Ever?

Coolwhip

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 05:33 pm
Mame wrote:
Lightwizard wrote:
Over act? Caruso? He's going for and always has gone for underplaying the role without any emoting. He's just not skilled enough an actor bring that off. I find it is appropriate to his character on CSI Miami and only because of the writers and directors. He'll likely be pushing up daisies before he can ever hope to reach the goals he thought he had established. He'll still be remembered for a butt shot.

That's what I mean - he's over-acting an understated role. And you gotta hate the 60 second shots of him staring into space, reflecting on whatever that occur throughout his show. Not to mention the fact that every poor kid on the show relates to him and him only. I know that has nothing to do with his so-called acting ability, but it galls.

And he is the undisputed king of one-liners.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 05:37 pm
Actually, I think we have a winner! Terrible, terrible acting.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 06:39 pm
Geez...those were pretty bad.
But that's the writing and the direction. Is he directing himself?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:32 pm
Nah. He can't be the worst actor of all time. He's a really worse than Steven Seagal or Tom Arnold?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:47 pm
Ok, so there are the actors who we all agree are bad: Stephen Segal, Rob Schneider, Charlene Tipton (you're so right about her!). Anyone who pays money to see them doesn't expect much in the way of acting from them.

My vote for worst A-list actor is Nicolas Cage. Overactor Extraordinaire.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:59 pm
Cage is the king of the scowling expressions in a curious, deadpan way. I liked his comedic acting in "Peggy Sue Got Married" and then could only find a few passably good performances since, excepting his tailor-made tour-de-force performance in "Leaving Las Vegas." He's on the Michael Caine path of accepting almost anything thrown his way. There are five movies in the can or coming into production with Cage.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:05 pm
Doowop wrote:
And I can never see why so many people place Michael Caine on a pedestal. He comes across as exactly the same character in each and every film, with one exception, namely Zulu, where he managed to play the part of a posh Michael Caine whilst balancing a pith helmet on his head.
I do not understand his popularity.
0 Replies

happycat

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:16 pm
David Caruso makes my skin crawl. I can't even pause for a moment on CSI Miami for fear that I'll see him standing there with his hands on his hips looking oh so cool in his shades.

And his butt shot wasn't even that good!!
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 11:20 am
He has a butt?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 12:04 pm
Apparantly he's the butt of many jokes.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 12:22 pm
Well, I wish he'd butt out.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 01:10 pm
He did. On the first season of NYPD Blue. It was the very first bareass shot on network TV and altho' his wasn't so special, it was a damn sight better than Dennis Franz pale and flabby ass, which we were treated to a few years later.

Question:
Did we ever see Jimmy Smits butt?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 02:08 pm
I believe in the first season.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 02:47 pm
Why don't I remember???
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 03:05 pm
I don't know Laughing

From Common Sense Media:

In its first season, NYPD Blue attracted controversy with its adult language and bits of nudity (including a famous shot of Smits' bare butt), and it proudly pushed the limits of prime-time acceptability throughout its run. The show's decidedly mature language, nudity, violence, and issues are all good reasons for kids to stay away (although TNT airs versions from which the roughest stuff has been excised), but adults will definitely enjoy Blue's edgy, dense drama.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 03:41 pm
That's incorrect. Jimmy Smits didn't join the cast until the second, maybe even the third season. Caruso's was the "star" that first year and his butt was the only butt. I think we saw an actresses' butt that season also, tho. But not Mr. Smits.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 03:48 pm
See, the internet isn't always right -- don't have time to explore but you're right, Smits wasn't in the first season. I believe he did do the bare butt thing but that would take some time to find.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 03:51 pm
dennis franz's butt, too...not that many wanted to see it
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 05:53 pm
eoe, Jimmy Smits' butt was definitely featured. Perhaps you went faint at the glorious sight and blacked out?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2007 08:12 pm
Yeah. Maybe that's what happened. Damn. I have no recollection of it at all. Glorious, you say?
0 Replies