Worst Actor Ever?

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 03:31 pm
Just been reading through the "best actor" thread and wondered who would take the prize for being the most bobbins.

Keanu Reaves is atrocious.

What ya think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 6,432 • Replies: 111
No top replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 03:33 pm
Something funny I read about Charlie Sheen has always stuck in my head. The critic described him as only having 2 expressions "tired and thirsty"

Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 03:41 pm
I believe the top of the list should be reserved for Sylvester Stallone.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 03:43 pm
He was good in Rocky though.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 03:44 pm
He was good because people thought he was acting.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 03:45 pm
I am wearing a loincloth right now, Dorothy.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 03:55 pm
Don't be sly on Sly!

(I'm just wearing a snood)

(the attire, not to be confused with A2K member with same name)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 04:06 pm
Speaking of attire: right before I read your response to my comment about wearing a loincloth, I had casually turned on the couch, in a very seductive pose, and took a drag on my cigarette.

I feel very much like a young Burt Reynolds right now.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 23 Jun, 2007 04:08 pm
I FEEL SO DAMNED SEXY RIGHT NOW!!
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 12:54 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Speaking of attire: right before I read your response to my comment about wearing a loincloth, I had casually turned on the couch, in a very seductive pose, and took a drag on my cigarette.

I feel very much like a young Burt Reynolds right now.

Well I hope your loin cloth has an elasticated underpant lining to keep everything in place.

You paint beautiful pictures with words, Gus.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2007 01:42 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

Burt Reynolds.

That's my pick.
0 Replies

Winthorpe

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 11:45 am
Re: Worst Actor Ever?
Dorothy Parker wrote:
Keanu Reaves is atrocious.

What ya think?

True, but his atrocious acting actually adds to some of his movies. I never skip over Point Break when it's on and I like the Devil's Advocate, pathetic Southern accent and all. Sure, he's not going to win an Oscar anytime soon, but for unintentional comedic value, Reeves acting is top notch.
0 Replies

jennym

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2007 08:26 pm
Cary Elwes is the worst actor ever.
If you have seen "Saw", then there's no explanation necessary...

P.S. "Saw", by the way....worst movie ever.
0 Replies

Winthorpe

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:45 am
jennym wrote:
Cary Elwes is the worst actor ever.
If you have seen "Saw", then there's no explanation necessary...

P.S. "Saw", by the way....worst movie ever.

Come on, have you ever seen The Princess Bride? I admit he was terrible in Saw, but then again the part didn't exactly require a mastery of the profession.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 10:50 am
My vote has been and will always be Charlene Tilton on "Dallas". She played the role of Lucy Ewing for over ten years and she stank at it all ten. It was mystifying. How could anyone not progress at their so-called craft given so much time and opportunity?

Actually, I didn't think Burt Reynolds was such a bad actor and Stallone finally made one movie, "Cop Land", playing a sheriff in a small town, where he actually was very good in the part. I think De Niro was in it.
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 11:12 am
A lot of Star Wars fans would probably say Hayden Christensen, from the latest trilogy. Saw the first one with him in it, and he isn't all that.

As for worst performance, I choose Halle Berry in Catwoman. That is without a doubt the worst movie I ever saw. Ghastly.
I even think she won one of them raspberry awards for it.

Other horrible actors: Arnold Schwarzenegger, this guy(woah) ... yea, thats about it
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 11:52 am
my worst list
My Worst Actors list

All Time Bad List

Adam Sandler is high up on my list but for starters in 'Waterboy' and 'Mr. Deeds'

Neil Diamond is near the top of my list for The Jazz Singer. I think he even HE gets nauseous when he watches it, (assuming he can bring himself to the task).

Arnold Schwarzenegger, mainly for Conan and then about 90% of the rest of his movies

Ben Affleck knows how to portray one emotion ... angry

Steven Seagal (mainly for breathing at all)

Tom Arnold ... umm, this man is a train-wreck

Sylvester Stallone ... perhaps for 95% of his movies

Ben Stiller for Along Came Polly and Starsky and Hutch

Most Often Bad Actor list
John Travolta

Rob Schneider

Colin Farrell

Tony Danza (mainly for breathing at all)

Vin Diesel

Andrew Dice Clay

Nicolas Cage in 'The Wicker Man' and about 50% of his movies

Barbra Streisand 'Yentl' and about 75% of her movies

Jackie Mason - funny man but can't act

Eddie Murphy for 'Spy' and any time that he has more than one role and/or puts fat-suit on

Keanu Reeves for 'A Walk in the Clouds'

Jack Black (debating on his inclusion)

Sean Connery (...'Finding Forrester', specifically his line "You're the man now, dog!") Sorry, but not possible for me to give him much credit for his acting since I found out what a **** he is as a person. This goes for all abusers, wife-beaters, misogynists etc. I site his own infamous interview with 'Babba Wa-Wa' where he admits to condoning and approving of slapping women around to 'keep them in line'.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 12:50 pm
That's funny, I thought that might be his only good performance in "A Walk in the Clouds" although it is a chick flick so doesn't appeal to most males. He fit into "The Matrix" because his stolid composure fit the character. He needs to loosen up. Actually his best performance might be in "Somethings Gotta Give"

http://imdb.com/title/tt033774

As I said before, there could be something there but his agent gets him involved with many second-rate movies.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 12:57 pm
Ragman, I totally concurr on the Waterboy- it was painful to watch. Also Stiller is sometimes more than awful.

Some of the rest of the list I like though - Jack Black and Colin Farrell. They both have certain jenesaisquoi that I find appealing. And they are said to be very smart men in their real lives, which helps me like them.

I really really dislike the girl in the Spiderman - can't even be bothered to remember her name right now. Can't act and is (to me) irritating. Makes me want to throw things at the screen.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 28 Jun, 2007 01:13 pm
Keanu did turn in, perhaps, his most relaxed performance in "Something's Gotta Give". And also that house movie with Sandra Bullock altho' i can't seem to get through that one.

It's funny. Dag doesn't like Kirsten Dunst. I've always liked her, since "Interview with a Vampire". It just goes to show you once again...

I can't stand Ben Stiller. He just creeps me out. Same with Jason Schwartzman. There's something about those two that's too hairy and primordial to me.
0 Replies