Worst Actor Ever?

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 06:03 am
Okay, new one... what about Steven (Little Johnny One Note) Seagal? I want to throw him across the room whenever I see him.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 07:35 am
Got my vote.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:37 am
He made one good action flick, "Under Siege" (actually early in his film career) where he was at least believable in the role and then just didn't fly under the radar, he buried himself. It makes one wonder why the producers, directors and studios would believe he could maintain being a box office draw.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 09:40 am
Dorothy Parker wrote:
I thought he was "neat" in No Way Out.

Laughing

For those who didn't pick up on that, that's what Costner told Madonna backstage after a concert, and her reaction was a sarcastic, "Neat?"

He was believable in that role, beginning the film with a very talked about sex scene in a car.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 10:18 am
It was a very hot scene. My husband and I joke about it being in his contract that he lay on top of somebody in every movie.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 11:57 am
David Caruso - over-actor!
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 12:26 pm
I just get a kick out of how smug he was, leaving NYPD Blue after only one year, thinking that he was just the hottest thing and what happened???

His resurrection was a slow and tough crawl through lots of shitty movies. It served him right.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 01:04 pm
Over act? Caruso? He's going for and always has gone for underplaying the role without any emoting. He's just not skilled enough an actor bring that off. I find it is appropriate to his character on CSI Miami and only because of the writers and directors. He'll likely be pushing up daisies before he can ever hope to reach the goals he thought he had established. He'll still be remembered for a butt shot.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 01:10 pm
Oh yeah. I'd forgotten about the butt shot. Laughing
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 01:16 pm
The worst actor ever? It has to be Robert Mitchum!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 01:36 pm
Ronald Reagan was a far worse actor of that same period. His newer stuff -- he portrayed a President with a perchance for hokey humor and fake memory loss.
0 Replies

Doowop

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 01:59 pm
And I can never see why so many people place Michael Caine on a pedestal. He comes across as exactly the same character in each and every film, with one exception, namely Zulu, where he managed to play the part of a posh Michael Caine whilst balancing a pith helmet on his head.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 02:11 pm
It's the nuances, Doowop. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 02:14 pm
Obviously, most great actors have personas they can't possibly hide under the characters they play -- you're just not suppose to notice. "Cider House Rules" is one of Caine's best, unlike any of his other portrayals -- I just think he's over-exposed with over 100 movies in a less than four decades, previously a lot of bit parts and TV roles for a total of 132 (so far). I have never read any film critic or historian who ever "put him on a pedestal."
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 02:20 pm
But the across-the-board respect is there, right?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 03:00 pm
Yes, even if he was placed upon a stump.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 03:11 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 03:13 pm
Natalie Portman is excruciating.

At least to listen to.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 03:21 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Over act? Caruso? He's going for and always has gone for underplaying the role without any emoting. He's just not skilled enough an actor bring that off. I find it is appropriate to his character on CSI Miami and only because of the writers and directors. He'll likely be pushing up daisies before he can ever hope to reach the goals he thought he had established. He'll still be remembered for a butt shot.

That's what I mean - he's over-acting an understated role. And you gotta hate the 60 second shots of him staring into space, reflecting on whatever that occur throughout his show. Not to mention the fact that every poor kid on the show relates to him and him only. I know that has nothing to do with his so-called acting ability, but it galls.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2007 05:24 pm
The cop character on CSI Miami is smooth, methodical and humanistic except with the crooks! Caruso is attempting method acting but the writers and the directors have him pegged so it plays well on the boob tube.
0 Replies