Your favourite 'horror' movies?

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 07:17 pm
You're having some problem with multiple posts and what a welcome for you on A2K! Welcome.

You use the buttons at the top and delete the multiples. I'm not sure if it still only works only on the very last posts.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 07:29 pm
I let a moderator know that you were having the echo problem. They will clear it up. The X botton at the top of the last post will delete it.

If you click on submit, wait a while to let it post. Even if it seems like it didn't post, it most likely did and if you log out of that particular topic and log back in, you'll see that it was posted. You can copy the post in case -- just highlight and press ctrl and the C key. Then to paste it in case the post was really lost, start a new reply and press ctrl and V.
0 Replies

crumbles

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 05:11 pm
echo
Lightwizard wrote:
I let a moderator know that you were having the echo problem. They will clear it up. The X botton at the top of the last post will delete it.

If you click on submit, wait a while to let it post. Even if it seems like it didn't post, it most likely did and if you log out of that particular topic and log back in, you'll see that it was posted. You can copy the post in case -- just highlight and press ctrl and the C key. Then to paste it in case the post was really lost, start a new reply and press ctrl and V.

Thanks for the help, Lightwizard....much appreciated.

crumbles
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 05:56 pm
You're welcome -- some days the server is a bit conjested or there's some other reason why posts seem to take longer. Once you click on the button, wait a while to see if it returns to the thread you were on and, in fact, it is posted. If your browser goes berserck, you'll likely find it was posted anyway and when you log back in your post is there. In Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs you can click on Explorer or Windows Explorer and it will give you the option to repair it. If you are on another browser, it won't work as well.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2003 06:52 pm
Got my ebay copy of "The Unholy" today. About to go watch it! Very Happy
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 02:36 pm
Have a ball!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 02:55 pm
Cheesy and silly and good god I LOVE those 80s fashions! Very Happy Still well worth the three dollars!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2003 06:25 pm
$ 3.00 for a trip down mammary lane.
0 Replies

couzz

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2003 07:50 pm
Most mystical or traditional horror films don't really have a general reality to them. Psychological horror gets to me and two films that come to mind are Polanski's "Knife in the Water" and "Repulsion".
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 12:08 am
You're right, couzz -- when the horror seems real because it has a ring of feasability. There was a lot of that in Robert Wise's original "The Haunting." For instance, the relationship between the two women propelled the tension and suspense forward. The original version of the Hannibal Lector stories, "Manhunter," was more effective for what it didn't show. I think horror suspense is often ruined by pulling out all the stops and hitting a lot of sour notes.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 12:37 am
Just finished watching "Fear Dot Com." Did anyone else think that this movie bore a striking resemblance to "Ring?"
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 09:52 am
Haven't seen it but the reviews were not good. I found "The Ring" watchable but nothing to crow about. Would rather watch the original "The Haunting" again.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 09:53 am
BTW, the "bulging walls" in Disneyland's Haunted Castle were borrowed from "The Haunting." I found that part of the film the most terrifying when I first saw it at a theater.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 11:18 am
Watched "the Hunger" for the first time last night. I loved it. How could I have missed this when it came out? They did a fairly good job at staying close to the book. David Bowie and Cathering Deneuve..mrrrowww! Wink The ageing David Bowie efcts were interesting, since in 2003 he is hardly a spring chicken anymore.
The Whitley Streiber book I wish would be made into film is "Night Church," although I don't quite see how that could be done well.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 11:36 am
But have you seen Bowie lately? He looks great!!
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 11:38 am
Yup. So much for the aging effects.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 03:22 pm
Oh, come on -- you don't believe he hasn't gone under the knife? He looks more and more like Joan Rivers every year. Laughing
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 03:24 pm
Now there is a frightening thought! Shocked
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 03:29 pm
If Ahnold goes in for any more "facial corrections," he might begin looking like Bowie!
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2003 03:31 pm
If either Ahnold or David starts spouting out self-deprecating humor, we will really be thrown for a loop!
0 Replies