CSI vs. CSI Miami

PJV

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 07:59 pm
cjhsa wrote:
CSI turned into a comic book, and a bad one at that. Baby fetishes, and "canned" bear hunts.

That's why I prefer CSI Miami. Overacting and all.

At first when I started watching CSI Miami I thought it was just too unreal that they would immediately know such obscure details about the minutest little finds from a crime scene such as a rare spore and that would lead them to unravel the truth all within a day and with apparently no sleep ever. Soon though I began to love this aspect and I just feel like it's a much more intelligent show than the usual crime type show.

The main characters that I like : Horatio, Eric, Callie, Wolf. I did like Yalena when she was on the show too. I loved the unspoken longings that went on between her and Horatio.

Then Horatio married Eric's sister .... Marisol and I hated her ! She looked so perfect as if she never suffered from cancer or had ever even done a days work ! I was glad she died. She just wasn't right for Horatio.

Eva LaRue, (Boavista) just seems like a tramp. She's always wearing satin shirts to work. Egads ! It's funny that she was sent in to be a mole and Eric told the Feds that she was sleeping around to get her spy work done. LOL! I couldn't picture her with Wolf at all.

Kim Delaney was on the early episodes and she really brought the show down. She was a drag....too predictable and conventional.

By the way, I am no doubt behind on the show because I only started watching it this year and I've been seeing reruns. I have not seen the current episodes this year!
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 08:25 pm
I much prefer CSI Miami to the original because the actors, especially Caruso, are more dramatic.

Yes, I know they overdo in the Caruso scenes especially. But he's still compelling.

One thing though. Half the crime scenes seem to be on the beach, and there's Caruso-in the blazing Miami sun, in the sand, wearing a black suit. Nobody on the show has figured how incongruous that is?
0 Replies

PJV

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 07:47 am
kelticwizard wrote:
I much prefer CSI Miami to the original because the actors, especially Caruso, are more dramatic.

Yes, I know they overdo in the Caruso scenes especially. But he's still compelling.

One thing though. Half the crime scenes seem to be on the beach, and there's Caruso-in the blazing Miami sun, in the sand, wearing a black suit. Nobody on the show has figured how incongruous that is?

Even out in the Everglades mucking around, Caruso is in a suit. I think that just adds to the drama.....along with him always taking his sun glasses off to say something important. I really love the combination of characters on CSI Miami and also the Miami theme is much more unique than what other shows bring.

Can you explain what really happened to Horatio's brother Ray? At first H acted like he thought he was dead and even worked to arrest Ray's killer. Then when Ray suddenly appeared and was working undercover, H acted like he wasn't surprised and like he knew this all along. Even Ray's wife didn't act really surprised. WHERE THEY JUST RE-WRITING HISTORY?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Sat 28 Jul, 2007 01:14 pm
That I cannot tell you. I have watched the show intermittently for years, because iit was opposite another favorite for awhile.

Interesting point you bring up, though.
0 Replies

pinkcat

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 04:42 pm
well I see everyone here loves CSI .. haven't seen it though but for me, I looove CSI and David Caruso.. but then again, maybe I do because he looks like my dad.. ^_^
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 05:42 pm
@Roberta,
agree
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2008 09:55 pm
I do prefer the original CSI to the CSI Miami, but I do feel that the CSI New York is quite decent.

This is my beef with all the CSIs though. They put in all the gorey autopsy scenes for shock value and ratings. They add nothing else to the story.

Here's another joke: Such painstaking detail is put into the shows to make it realistic, and yet the characters are not properly dressed to attend the murder and autopsy scenes. Hair is loose, no booties on the shoes, street clothes, etc. In real life, these people would be suited up in proper gear.

So, how can you have realism in some parts of the plot and not in others?
0 Replies