CSI vs. CSI Miami

mac11

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 01:14 pm
Trying to help those insomniacs fall asleep maybe?
0 Replies

SweetBillyP

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 03:37 pm
Who know what I realized?

CSI: Miami is so original that they have a Who song just like CSI:

I guess there not copycats of Billy at all then!!!

This changes my perspective on CSI: Miami

(YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!) Very Happy
0 Replies

henrymatisse

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 11:14 pm
characters on csi seem more cohesive. i am glad that miami got rid of the delaney character. i thought it helped the show a bit.
0 Replies

SweetBillyP

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2003 07:11 pm
Delaney's not on the show anymore? See I don't watch, so I didn't know that. Question
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 05:33 am
Henry, I agree that the cast is more cohesive on the original show. But beyond the cohesion, the characters are more interesting as individuals.

The characters on CSI Miami seem to be little more than ciphers.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 06:58 am
Haven't seen the Miami one yet.
0 Replies

Flatted 5th

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2003 07:57 pm
SweetBillyP wrote:
Delaney's not on the show anymore? See I don't watch, so I didn't know that. Question

I read something while at the checkout stand about a Caruso smiffy tiff because Delaney was making too much money and was in too many scenes.....the old ego thing. The story implied that Caruso got Delaney fired. It was in the "Tattler" so it must be true.
0 Replies

SweetBillyP

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 01:31 pm
Caruso needs to grow up and get over himself!!! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 01:32 pm
CSI Miami's last episode had great potential and then, fell flat.
Why'd they let it happen?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 10 May, 2003 04:19 pm
According to something I read somewhere, William Peterson is not at all happy about the existence of the Miami show. He will not do joint publicity with the cast. Another prima donna? I don't think so. Why? Because I ran into him at my doctor's office a while back, when he was doing a Broadway show. He was friendly and nice to me. Therefore he can't be bad.

How's that for sound logic?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 09:58 am
Roberta, I think that personal experience is a more logical basis for opinion than the tabloids are! Very Happy I'm glad to hear that Petersen was friendly.

And for me, just the fact that an actor is doing stage work says a lot about his abilities.

I wonder if CSI: Miami will be renewed? Has it done well in the ratings?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 01:40 pm
macsm, CSI: Miami has done very well. No question that it will be back.

I'd seen Peterson in a few films and admired his work. I was glad to see him in a good tv show. The character he has established and developed on the show is, IMO, what holds the show together. His smartness, his quirkiness, his mystery. And his bugs.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 03:38 pm
I want "The Practice" back.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 11 May, 2003 11:57 pm
New Haven, The last I heard, a final decision about whether or not The Practice will be renewed hasn't been made yet. The producers of the show were not optimistic, which is why the last episode of the season had all the earmarks of the last episode of the series.

I enjoyed The Practice for the first few years, but the last couple of seasons I thought it got a bit over the top. Maudlin. And just plain silly.
0 Replies

BroncoII

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 10:32 am
CSI vs CSI:Miami
Something is very wrong, here! CSI:Miami is "tops"!!! David is a very much better actor than William. Caruso "digs" for clues, while Petersen is being passive. You all really need to sit down and "watch" the show. Give it your "undivided" attention. I am sure you will come to terms with me.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 10:35 am
Obviously there are folks out there who like CSI Miami as it is hanging in there in the ratings. To each his own, I guess.

Welcome to A2K, Broncoll - have fun looking around. Smile
0 Replies

BroncoII

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 10:42 am
mac11 wrote:
Obviously there are folks out there who like CSI Miami as it is hanging in there in the ratings. To each his own, I guess.

Welcome to A2K, Broncoll - have fun looking around. Smile

Thanks, Mac 11
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 04:12 pm
Hi Bronco and welcome to a2k. I've watched both shows, and I think that David Caruso is a fine actor. But I still prefer the Las Vegas version to the Miami version. Different strokes for different folks.
0 Replies

shallowman62989

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 12:43 pm
I think that CSI: Miami doesn't have the same vibe that you get from CSI: Crime Scene Investigation because you are very personal with the characters from the original. And since the original was so good, I feel that people think the new series should be even better. That's just how I fell about it, and I think that since we all love Grissom so much, David Caruso seems bland in comparison.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 21 Oct, 2003 03:50 pm
Hiya Shallowman and welcome to a2k, I agree with your assessment. In fact, I think all the characters on the Miami show seem kind of bland. The characters in the Vegas show are real and interesing people.
0 Replies