CSI vs. CSI Miami

Roberta

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 04:29 pm
Hi apple, and welcome. Thanks for the quotes. I don't remember hearing a single one, yet I've seen every episode.

I no longer watch CSI Miami, and I never got into CSI NY. I guess my CSIing is limited.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 04:38 pm
CSI Las Vegas (the original) has apparently hired a bunch of anti-hunting perverts to write the show. What the hell happened? It's so far out there - it's really stupid and there's no way I can let my kids watch it. "Are you a drinker or a stinker?" (guy with baby fetish). Geesh!!
0 Replies

UnagiSushi

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 12:29 am
Re: CSI vs. CSI Miami
Roberta wrote:
Although the plots are similar and the format is similar, I believe that CSI is far superior to CSI Miami. The reason? Characters. The characters on the original show are real people (more or less), idiosyncratic and identifiable. The characters on the spinoff are ciphers. No personality. Nothing that distinguishes one from the other.

Agree? Disagree?

I have only seen the original CSI. LOVE William Peterson.

[/color] Very Happy
0 Replies

bloggo

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 05:37 pm
oh man
CSI is awesome-er, and shall remain that way forever. It's so much more enjoyable than CSI Miami, and definitely far more superior than CSI New York!
And David Caruso, the little red head on CSIMiami, is useless...
but I love him nonetheless. Razz

Hey! -this should've been a poll.
0 Replies

rapalot

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2005 03:24 am
well sorry but im goin to hav 2 disagree miami
excluding the characters is 2 times better than the original better story an everythin and new york and vegas are even better than that to me they
keep on gettin better with every spin off they bring out!!!!
0 Replies

lesleyw59

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 04:18 pm
I totally agree Grissom and his team are a far superior bunch
0 Replies

benadam

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 01:47 pm
I have to say my favourite is CSIM followed by CSINY. I only watch CSI if there is nothing else on. But then, I started off watching the other two first. I think David Caruso is brilliant.

I missed a couple of episodes of CSIM and when I started watching again Speed was gone (only happened in the last few months in Ireland). Could anyone tell me how he died and where the new guy came from.

Thanks
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 07:32 am
Speed was shot and killed when he and Horatio walked in on a jewelry store robbery and his gun jammed. Speed apparently was known for not cleaning his gun properly.

Another reason to watch CSIM, new cast member Eva La Rue:

http://www.celebopedia.com/eva-la-rue/images/eva-la-rue.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:43 am
Now, if they could just write in a striptease for Emily Proctor (like she did in "Breast Men"), then CSIM would be "tops" Smile

http://members.fortunecity.com/noops098/emily_proctor024.jpg
0 Replies

benadam

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:53 am
cjhsa,

Thanks for that. I seen another episode where Speeds gun jammed because he hadn't cleaned it.

Maybe the name is deceiving but I am a girl. David Caruso and Adam Rodriguez are enough for me. Mind you I wouldn't say no to watching Adam do a strip tease. Very Happy
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 08:55 am
Post away benadam! And welcome to A2K!
0 Replies

benadam

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:26 am
cjhsa,

has someone left that there is a new character, Eva La Rue. I am in Ireland and we are a bit behind.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 18 Jan, 2006 09:45 am
I'm not sure, I've been lax in my CSI watching lately.
0 Replies

lesleyw59

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2006 02:09 pm
my favourite Greg moment was him listening to Marilyn Manson with Grissom watching anyone got any others?
0 Replies

Kehoe

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 10:01 pm
I like both & watch shows.
I prefer CSI Miami only because I love David Caruso. Very Happy
I could watch him read the phone book. Laughing
He's just divine. Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 09:53 pm
Well, lol, I beg to differ. I watch it because I can't stand any of them - Callie, Speed, H, Kandi... they're all over-actors but he takes the cake. Hate him hate him hate him... we boo, hiss, and jeer at the entire thing, and laugh maniacally while doing so. It's a great form of entertainment to us so I'm glad it's there. It in NO WAY, SHAPE or FORM comes anywhere CLOSE to the original or even NY Smile It's pure crap!
0 Replies

psych101

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 07:34 pm
Mame wrote:
Well, lol, I beg to differ. I watch it because I can't stand any of them - Callie, Speed, H, Kandi... they're all over-actors but he takes the cake. Hate him hate him hate him... we boo, hiss, and jeer at the entire thing, and laugh maniacally while doing so. It's a great form of entertainment to us so I'm glad it's there. It in NO WAY, SHAPE or FORM comes anywhere CLOSE to the original or even NY Smile It's pure crap!

I agree with you about all except for Speed (he got killed a while ago anyway - maybe you have him mixed up with Eric??).

H drives me crazzzyyy!!! Especially the way he always cocks his head to the side when talking to people- why is it they portray the kids as instantly loving him? If I was a 6 year old I would be traumatised by his big scary head leering at me on the side like that!!!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 11:08 am
Okay, real dis time here Smile

Callie - bossy, pompous, self-righteous know-it-all who lectures everybody in such a condescending way. If she spoke to me like that, I'd slap her face. She knows everything there is to know about everything. She's never wrong and never makes a mistake.

Kandi - leave her in the morgue, please, and out of the field! The way she 'compassionately' speaks to all the corpses makes me ill. They could lose her and no one would even notice.

Eric - again, he's much like Callie. He's arrogant and condescending to the new guy and pretty much everybody else. Again, would you notice if he weren't there?

Eva - get off the show already, you whiny, whinging depressing baby. She and that creepy prosecutor should take a hike. Hate her acting.

H - don't you love those 5 minute close ups he has all through every single show while he ponders life? LOL Why does Grissom work in the lab but you rarely see H doing a thing? He's more of a cop than a CSI. I just think this guy is putrid. And you're right about the way the kids seem to trust him - as if! He's a moron!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Razz

Okay, I'm done now. Smile
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 09:39 am
CSI turned into a comic book, and a bad one at that. Baby fetishes, and "canned" bear hunts.

That's why I prefer CSI Miami. Overacting and all.
0 Replies

PJV

Reply Tue 3 Jul, 2007 07:46 pm
Roberta wrote:
Hi Phoenix,

Yes, David Caruso and the other actors are nothing but cogs.

The original CSI is interesting, not just because of the plots but because of the characters.

I disagree. The main characters on CSI Miami are incredibly entertaining. The CSI group seems boring and ordinary. David Caruso in the role of Horatio Caine is a hoot. He's so cool, he reminds of a James Bond type. The blonde who plays the bullet girl is also very good because she seems truly business like and scientific.

Overall the action on the CSI Miami show seems to have a wonderful Latin flavor too. I love it.

Sorry but I think CSI is stale and they act like a million other such shows.
0 Replies