DEAD BROTHERS . . .

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 09:21 am
After the revelations about Nixon in the PBS special, perhaps our military or the police should have stormed the White House before he was willing to resign. Of course, he wouldn't have resisted.

I think we need to see all the details (facts) about how the raid was conducted but the news that there were only four in that compound is disturbing. It's also disturbing that there is a shoot first, ask questions later is being applied to Sadaam. I even doubt that he is still within the Iraqi borders but I don't believe he's with Osama!

I was hoping it was the brothers orchestrating the guerilla warfare our troops now find themselves involved in. That could be the motivation to destroy the brothers without mercy. That's the crux here, without mercy. I would have really liked to see them put on trial and their atrocities brought out and punctuated in a courtroom.

It's now like the old Wild West in Iraq. Frontier law is prevailing.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 09:32 am
The administration wants no questioning of its policies -- get in and get out and shut up.

Trials, be they in an international court or in the US, are public, consist of many questions demanding many answers. It might seem that the brothers would have been easy to convict, but there would have been a long period of questions relating to the legitimacy of the invasion ergo the legitimacy of their capture. It would not have been a pretty sight for an administration which wants things its way, now, without fuss, and with no embarrassing follow-up.

Bush and Co. have an enormous amount to lose -- including potentially their freedom -- once every page of the book on Iraq becomes available. They're doing their best to make sure that doesn't happen.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 10:20 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
McGentrix,

Attitudes like that make the separation between cops and robbers slight.

If they are dogs for their deeds what are you for being so happy about death? Is there not a disconnect? They took pleasure in their deeds and you vicariously enjoy their deaths. At what point do you become a dog as well?

They tortured and killed innocents. Their death will save lives and ease the pain of millions who have suffered directly because of them. Killing them is the right thing to do. The point in which you become a dog as well is when you defend these sick bastards instead of being glad they will no longer be commiting the atrocities they have.

Quote:
For the record I have no qualm with the way in which they were killed and frankly am sick to death of the liberals crying foul over this. But your statements here in this thread are absurd.

Because I speak my feelings? Gee, I guess I could become a bed wetting liberal and cry over my hurt feelings. Would that be better? I speak my mind. Sorry.

Quote:
You claim anyone who "fucks with the US" is evil.

Did I say that? Sounds about right.

Quote:
You state that you are happy that the Husseins resisted so that they would be killed.

At least we won't have a repeat of the Milosevic debacle and we won't have any extremeists trying to free them now.

Quote:
It comes across as infantile. It would have been far better for us to have captured them and gleaned what information we could. Your cavalier attitude about this reminds me of prepubescent teenagers.

I think it was obvious they weren't going to be taken alive. Had they been captured all that would have become of it would have been more whining about how they were being treated. You should get in touch with the heartland of america as my attitude is echoed quite loudly by most Americans. (No, I am not implying that to think otherwise is un-American, or even un-patriotic so don't start with that ****)
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 10:35 am
Gautam
Quote:
Why was Milosovich not killed ?

Because he apparently did not put up a fight when he was captured. Now try for a hard question.

You couldn't possibly believe that they preferred to kill the unholy twosome than to capture them alive. Or could You ?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 10:36 am
With 200 GIs surrounding the house, I think we could have been a little more patient.

In the coming days, when we surround the house where Saddam is hiding, shall we wait him out or just blow him to smittereens as well?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 10:39 am
McGentrix,

I have no qualm with the way they were killed. You missed my point entirely.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 10:43 am
Joe Nation wrote:
With 200 GIs surrounding the house, I think we could have been a little more patient.

In the coming days, when we surround the house where Saddam is hiding, shall we wait him out or just blow him to smittereens as well?

Waited for what? Their supporters to organize and help to free them from there home and escape? An ambush would have been just great.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 10:54 am
McG

Your postings in this thread and the thread dealing with Hillary Clinton disgust me -- and should disgust anyone with a brain and a sensitivity for one's fellow human being.

Don't get me wrong -- you have a right to hold obnoxious views -- and to express them as you see fit. I acknowledge those rights and would defend them on your behalf and on the behalf of any other human. But it rankles me to see anyone so angry with the world and his lot in life -- that he has to stoop to the kinds of observations you are making.

If I may indulge myself -- I would advise you to grow up!

It is not as painful as you might suppose.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 11:02 am
Is it because I don't use big words? Is it because I am stating the way that I view world events? Is it because I don't agree with 98% of the other posters here?

What is it exactly that you find so obnoxious?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 11:15 am
There are multiple ways of controlling an area, and various methods of incapaciting people holed up in a house: stun grenades, smoke and tear gas, superaudio.

So what's the plan with Saddam? Same thing? Helicopter gunships, tanks and what else?

Joe
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 11:16 am
Let's hope he surrenders and then no one has to risk their lives taking him by force.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 11:30 am
McGentrix wrote:
Is it because I don't use big words? Is it because I am stating the way that I view world events? Is it because I don't agree with 98% of the other posters here?

What is it exactly that you find so obnoxious?

It is not because you do not use big words. I do not use big words either.

And as I mentioned, it is not because you are stating your world views. As I said, I would defend your right to do that.

And it is not because you do not agree with others -- because McG, I do not agree with the vast majority of people in A2K on various subjects.

It is because you are rude, unnecessarily mean-spirited, immature, and intemperate in your remarks.

Perhaps all that bothers me because I occasionally am rude, unnecessarily mean-spirited, and intemperate in my remarks -- and I find that...unattractive...in myself.

My advice holds. Grow up. It really is not painful.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 09:02 pm
The chances that Saddam will walk into a local police station and say "cuff me" are nil.

Our armed forces have offered massive rewards for his capture, we just paid the imformer of the sons 30 million dollars. We ought to be prepared to spend a little time trying to arrest the object of a 30 million dollar search. I know general troops are not trained in the capture of the enemy, but special forces troops are, they had better be ready.

Of course the point has been made that dead men don't get trial dates.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 09:56 pm
au1929 wrote:
Henry

Do you realize there is a war going on in Iraq?

au<

I do realize there is a war going on in Iraq . . . and the events taking place over there sicken me. The casualties suffered and lives lost are for naught. There is no reason for the United States and Iraq to be fighting a war except for the fact that our President, who campaigned as a "compassionate conservative," was hell-bent and determined that the war should be fought.

Dubya bullied his way through Congress, bypassed the United Nations, and stretched the patience of our allies to fight a war in the name of "weapons of mass destruction."

These weapons have yet to be found, but hundreds of lives and limbs have forever been removed from this planet in their name. Dubya's credibility has not held up in Iraq. Meanwhile, thousands upon thousands of people in our own borders are jobless and concerned for their futures while their president tends to this war of his own imagination.

This "guerrilla war" will go on for years all because of the rigidity of a misguided Texan who was appointed to be president of the United States. How tragic that this "passionate conservative" has in reality earned only a dubious record of lies with blood dripping from the Oval Office.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 01:24 am
wh3,
"To have dealt with the brothers Hussein in a more humane manner rather than with the "fire power" of our Army certainly would have been more compassionate conservatism, now wouldn't it?"

uh-huh, it sure would.

au1929,
"I can hear all the naysayers now. The headlines would read Americans resort to chemical warfare."

I meant using our more advanced non-violent policing technology that the U.S. of A. has been developing. I cernainly didn't mean gasing them to death. Just knocking them out so as to be able to bring them to justice.

Which is what I thought all those purty sounding words in the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution were about, after all.

MGx,
"They didn't deserve compassion. They deserved to be hunted down like the dogs they were. I am glad they resisted. I am glad they are dead."

You do American Conservatives proud.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 01:25 am
I forgot to edit, please overlook the typos.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 01:26 am
I did mean to write "purty," though.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 02:05 am
Sophia,
"They should tell me what they saw, and what they heard. That is the news. Anything beyond that is opinion. I don't care about some reporter's opinion."

"I don't want to know who the reporter is! I don't care!!! They are a mouthpiece, relating what they witnessed to me. Not my political advisor."

I hear you, woman!

I mean, have you seen the foxnews.com site tonight?

This was displayed as a feature video clip on that site:

"It is better to confess to a mistake -- that's why Neil is proud of the president"

Who cares what Neil thinks; just report the news! I thought this was a news site, not some gossip site. Is this news, or is this E! ???
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 08:13 am
williamhenry3
What you say about the war and Dubya's duplicity may be true. However it has nothing to do with killing of the brothers grim. It would seem whenever any topic is discussed related to Iraq one is sure to get a similar type diatribe.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2003 08:55 am
I'd say it has everything to do with killing the brothers grim. How could it not?
0 Replies