DEAD BROTHERS . . .

McGentrix

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 06:10 am
I say "Bring it on!" Anything we do over there is for the betterment of the Iraqi people. Well except for those evil bastards that will continue to **** with the US thinking they have a chance.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 06:48 am
williamhenry3

Quote:
These brothers were murdered; there's no other word for it.

Nonsense!! They had the opportunity to surrender but chose to shoot it out. Their choice.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 07:36 am
williamhenry3 wrote:
That notion of civility died with the Hussein brothers, and we may never get it back.

If I were a reporter, I would probably not apoligize for quoting out of context, but I'm more honest than that. Sorry williamhenry3. Even as part of the entire post, it looked a bit odd though.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 09:00 am
roger wrote:
williamhenry3 wrote:
That notion of civility died with the Hussein brothers, and we may never get it back.

If I were a reporter, I would probably not apoligize for quoting out of context, but I'm more honest than that. Sorry williamhenry3. Even as part of the entire post, it looked a bit odd though.

roger<

I am not sure what you are implying here, but if it's plagiarism, forget it. If I chose to quote someone out of context, I give the source of the quote. As far as I know, the "notion of civility" quote is an original.

I take offense if you think I'm a copycat. Sorry, roger.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 01:20 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I say "Bring it on!" Anything we do over there is for the betterment of the Iraqi people.

Like plotting the Pinochet-coup was for the betterment of the Chileans. Rolling Eyes

Like a stated before: National armies defend national interests.

And those poor Liberians. Dont they deserve a better life without shelling and killing? Why are there no Marines patrolling the streets of Monrovia?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 01:30 pm
Well, surrender obviously meant death also plus a grulling public trial. They did us a favor by opening fire. What happened to tear gas and the other methods to rout them out? Anyone knows if that was tried?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 01:32 pm
BTW, I think putting them on trial may have meant more to the world and the Iraqi people as far as proving what terribly men these brothers were. Regardless, there are those who will believe they are martyrs as incredulous as that might be.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 01:58 pm
I apoligized for quoting williamhenry3 out of context. I was struck by the odd connection between the end of civility and the end of the Hussein brothers. Some people just delight in imagined insults.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2003 11:09 pm
roger<

Thanks for the clarification of your post. No apology was needed here. I am not a saint by any means, but I do try to be fair and honest.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 12:15 am
Couldn't the U.S. of A. have asked the Russians for a few canisters of that gas they used in their theater-hostage situation? I'm sure the U.S. of A. itself has developed much better substances, however. Why weren't they used?
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 12:43 am
InfraBlue<

To have dealt with the brothers Hussein in a more humane manner rather than with the "fire power" of our Army certainly would have been more compassionate conservatism, now wouldn't it?
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 07:20 am
InfraBlue
I can hear all the naysayers now. The headlines would read Americans resort to chemical warfare. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 07:23 am
Henry
When someone is shooting at you it is no time for compassion. And I might add we should save our compassion for those who deserve it.
Do you realize there is a war going on in Iraq?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 07:42 am
They didn't deserve compassion. They deserved to be hunted down like the dogs they were. I am glad they resisted. I am glad they are dead.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 07:45 am
So every criminal, resisting arrest should be shot down like a dog. Right ? Let's do away with the courts - an eye for an eye !!!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 07:47 am
McGentrix,

Attitudes like that make the separation between cops and robbers slight.

If they are dogs for their deeds what are you for being so happy about death? Is there not a disconnect? They took pleasure in their deeds and you vicariously enjoy their deaths. At what point do you become a dog as well?

For the record I have no qualm with the way in which they were killed and frankly am sick to death of the liberals crying foul over this. But your statements here in this thread are absurd.

You claim anyone who "fucks with the US" is evil.

You state that you are happy that the Husseins resisted so that they would be killed.

It comes across as infantile. It would have been far better for us to have captured them and gleaned what information we could. Your cavalier attitude about this reminds me of prepubescent teenagers.
0 Replies

wenchilina

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 07:59 am
au1929 wrote:
Henry
When someone is shooting at you it is no time for compassion. And I might add we should save our compassion for those who deserve it.
[\quote]

Those bastard East timorese!
Salvador allende! another bastard hippy leftist!
Those blasted Vietnamese!

But the Khmer Rouge and Pol Pot was worthy of our compassion, so was Pinochet, so is Kissinger ?

Let's try to keep the hypocrisy to a minimum please Rolling Eyes

The illegal we can do right now; the unconstitutional will take a little longer."
-Henry Kissinger
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 07:59 am
I really couldn't believe McG and questioned his/her age a while back. It's the "I've got a bigger one" attitude. And generally, of course, they don't. If there were a remedy for this attitude among adult Americans, it would be two years spent in another land, speaking another language, getting a perspective.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 08:31 am
wenchilina
Pretty far afield with your analogies are you not? An apple is still an apple not an orange no matter how hard you try to make it so.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2003 08:48 am
au1929 wrote:
wenchilina
An apple is still an apple not an orange no matter how hard you try to make it so.

Errr..umm... they are still fruit aint they ?

Why was Milosovich not killed ? And why do we have an tribunal in Hague ? If we have to "kill" everyone who has committed a crime against humanity, then why the charade ?
0 Replies