What Californicators need to know about gasoline

NickFun

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 09:27 pm
Oh, and we all get laid all the time.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 09:35 pm
Heh. I'm mostly curious as to why gunga uses the fornicator end to Cali - I find it oddly consistent to his posts and find no relevance to his posts at the same time.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 09:37 pm
The only reason I can come up with is that gunga is an idiot. But I am open to other hypothosis.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 09:37 pm
Heeheehee.... I think you may be right. I guess we need to wait for him to comment.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 09:38 pm
NickFun wrote:
Calamity - where is that picture?

Looking down to Mission Bay/Beach - from the La Jolla hilltop.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 09:39 pm
Friend of mine was in Ca. recently. Told me she was visiting friends in a neighborhood in which the cheapest house would sell for over four million dollars and the entire neighborhood smelled exactly like seal ****.

That's because the government there won't let people touch seals OR white sharks and the whites are keeping the seals penned into the beach so they can't go out in the ocean to use the restroom.

Now, when Ike was running things, which was about the last time anything ever ran entirely right in this country, people would have simply gone out in 30' boats with nylon rope, hooks, rubber seals, and 45/70s and what not, and they'd have only had to shoot a few of the white sharks, the rest would have all killed each other.

But, as things are, I can't imagine living in Ca.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 09:40 pm
Well, Californication, of course, is the act of transformation of a formerly idyllic small city into ugly suburban sprawl. Such transformation is generally attributed by residents of neighboring western states to a perceived influx of Californians. In my own experience, it's to do with population growth and the inability of residents to learn from mistakes made by California during its periods of rapid growth in the 1960s, 70s, and 80s -- but, of course, nobody wants to hear that their own vote to freeze property taxes might have the same effects in their own town that it had throughout CA after the passage of Proposition 13.

What it's got to do with the present subject, I can't imagine. I can tell gunga that rich folk out here in Wisconsin drive absurd automobiles themselves (our Hummer dealership is big and onstentatious and shows no signs of going out of business), but, well, what's the point?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 09:41 pm
Gunga, there you are. Why do you habitually use the moniker 'californicators' for californians?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 09:59 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
You call people names, like Californicators, and expect to be taken seriously? Sick.

Sick indeed.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 10:00 pm
I mean, for some reason, I get the feeling that God doesn't want me in California.

The one time I've ever set foot in the place other than for changing planes at airports called down some sort of an 8-point earth quake on the place, so that I woke up around four AM and the whole building I was staying in was shaking and at first I thought "Sheesh, must be one hell of a windstorm to be shaking the whole fricking building like that..." and then it occurred to me I was in California and it was a 4real earthquake. It went away after about fifteen minutes and, there being no sound of people evacuating the building, I went back to sleep.

Next morning, had it been my building, I'd have been inspecting it brick by brick, but those people acted like they didn't care.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 10:02 pm
NickFun wrote:
Littlek I moved here from Boston. The winters range from 55 to 70 and the summers rarely go past 90 and there's no humidity. The ocean is amazing, the air here in Santa Barabara is clean and the people are friendly. But, of course, it's up to you.

No place like "my city by the bay" though.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 10:07 pm
Too cold and damp up there, Roxxanne. Say you look a bit angry there
on your avatar, Roxx...
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 10:19 pm
I hate to be critical but you do look like you want to beat the living **** of of someone there Roxxx. Perhaps a little smile.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 02:24 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Too cold and damp up there, Roxxanne. Say you look a bit angry there
on your avatar, Roxx...

The bay area has always been cold and damp.

I dont remember who it was,but an athlete once said that the "coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in SF".
I will have to find the quote.

If you want to live in a nice area,move to the Ft. Bragg area.
It is nice,prices are reasonable,and the view of the ocean is magnificent.
The only problem in that area is that there are few jobs,logging and commercial fishing being the main jobs in that area.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:07 am
The entire north coast of California is beautiful.

But don't tell anybody.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:32 am
Ventura and Santa Barbara are Heaven on Earth. Tell everyone
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:41 am
I was in Ventura and Santa Barbara 2 weeks ago, and both towns
are beautiful, but I am partial to San Diego of course.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:54 am
Well, I'm still partial to the Santa Cruz of my memory.

Damn SoCal people...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:12 am
Get lost northern Cal sissy!

Actually, Monterrey and Carmel are beautiful, but the weather.......no, no.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:14 am
CalamityJane wrote:
Get lost northern Cal sissy!

Sissy?

It's gorgeous today here in Berkeley...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies