General Won't Appologize For Saying Homosexuality Is Immoral

michael1

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 02:45 am
Lightwizard wrote:
Right out of the gate, the first book is by a journalist who admits not being a scholar (expert) on what he is writing and goes by many interviews with archaeologists that are out-of-date by the time the book makes the presses.

Review of "Is the Bible True"

Making a magnanimous declaration that there are thousands of books written by experts on the scientific validity and historical accuracy of the Bible and the first book cited is one not written by an expert is not going to prove your case.

Another dopey sentence cites the Red Sea as parting when in the Bible, it is the Reed Sea, a much shallower body of water near the Nile delta. You've watched too many Cecile B. DeMille movies. The actual time that takes place is very close to the eruption of Thera which would have vacated the water from the Reed Sea (certainly not the Red Sea) which was then followed by a huge tidal wave that nobody could survive on either side of the Reed Sea.

In fact, case closed. Is it goof-ball day at A2K?

On any map today it is actually called the Red Sea, and the two names are one and the same sea. Very few today even call that small northern part of it the reed sea anymore, since it is all attached most still just call it all the Red Sea. http://www.google.com/search?q=%22crossing+of+the+red+sea

At least I have an open heart and mind to any truth, even if I dont like it. It is a part of love & caring. You still haven't shown me the cases you think Jesus was being a sexist, and I dont like your excuse by just calling it all a myth, but I will ignore that one for now and let you show me the cases of Jesus' sexism anyhow. I'm still sure it was a misunderstanding of something some group said, but I'm willing to go over it with you if you ever finally want to give equality to me, something I've given you but you refuse to give me with your claims. Hey I'm open minded, I would really like to see those places you say Jesus was being a sexist so we can go over them.
0 Replies

Mexica

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 03:51 am
I thought this might add to the topic:

Dear President Bush, Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's law. I have learned a great deal from you and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God's Laws and how to follow them:

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states that he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that, even though eating shellfish is an abomination (Lev. 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there "degrees" of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them (Lev. 24:10-16)? Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws (Lev. 20:14)?

I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help.

http://haacked.com/archive/2004/10/15/1366.aspx
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 08:15 am
Mexica wrote:
5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states that he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

I see the beginning of a new series of reality shows. A show that brings back some good ol' fashioned christian smiting and moral superiority:

"Blasphemy Patrol"
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 08:25 am
Haven't read the Bible lately, huh -- it's named the Sea of Reeds in the scripture and is not anywhere near the Red Sea. Reeds only grow in fresh water and the consensus is since it is a lake of fresh water with bogs , the Egyptian chariots would have sunk into it and their chariots and horses become tangled in the reeds. That is if anyone even believes the entire story since the Eqyptians never used slave labor to build monuments and there is no historical proof that Moses ever existed. It is not on any map also referred to as the Red Sea, near the Red Sea or even translated as the Red Sea. You are making that up.

The example of sexism and discrimination is in the council of the Twelve Apostles you've chosen to ignore. They are entirely male. Of course, there's another interpretation in the Terrence McNally play "Corpus Christy." Christ, the son of God, must have believed that woman were not fitting in spirituality, faith and intelligence to be in his council. Would he also reject a gay man because it would affect the morale of the twelve men? That's the argument for gays in the military.
0 Replies

USAFHokie80

Reply Sun 22 Jul, 2007 04:58 pm
As far as the bible being "history" you should all watch this... it's VERY interesting:

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

OH... skip to 10min in cause that's when it really starts.
0 Replies

michael1

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 05:44 am
\\\"Lightwizard\\\" wrote:
Haven\\\'t read the Bible lately, huh -- it\\\'s named the Sea of Reeds in the scripture and is not anywhere near the Red Sea. Reeds only grow in fresh water and the consensus is since it is a lake of fresh water with bogs , the Egyptian chariots would have sunk into it and their chariots and horses become tangled in the reeds. That is if anyone even believes the entire story since the Eqyptians never used slave labor to build monuments and there is no historical proof that Moses ever existed. It is not on any map also referred to as the Red Sea, near the Red Sea or even translated as the Red Sea. You are making that up.

The example of sexism and discrimination is in the council of the Twelve Apostles you\\\'ve chosen to ignore. They are entirely male. Of course, there\\\'s another interpretation in the Terrence McNally play \\\"Corpus Christy.\\\" Christ, the son of God, must have believed that woman were not fitting in spirituality, faith and intelligence to be in his council. Would he also reject a gay man because it would affect the morale of the twelve men? That\\\'s the argument for gays in the military.

I\\\'ve quoted you already the red sea and sea of reeds is interchangable according to ALL bible dictionaries & maps I\\\'ve seen , just check where I already linked you: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22crossing+of+the+red+sea , anyhow what gives? why argue over something like that which has nothin to do with nothin? We can argue all day and night over the correct pronunciation of Jesus\\\' name and say it is really somebody else, because there are 300 ways to pronounce it, and each sect will argue over it, but why do that when we know who we\\\'re talking about? This could be why Jesus chose Men only because women are so sensitive they go on little bunny trails like this that have nothin to do with nothin but wasting everyone\\\'s energy. Like I said, this is why the new converts into God\\\'s laws had to ask their husbands at home rather than interrupt the entire bible studies & worship services. Women weren\\\'t allowed much in politics in America because they wanted to stay on task as Thomas Jefferson & many others reiterated, Keeps everyone productive & everyone\\\'s pants zipped too.

You think there\\\'s no differences between the sexes. So do you never dress like a woman?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:08 pm
The English name of the book derives from the Septuagint (Greek) use of "exodus" to designate the deliverance of the Israelites from Egyptian bondage and their safe passage through the Sea of Reeds (traditionally mislocated as the Red Sea). The Hebrew title of the work is Shemot (Names).

-Encyclopedia Britannica

Woman on bunny trails? Laughing The woman on A2K are going to love you. Right.

Pardon me, but that outfit you're wearing in your avatar looks a lot like high drag.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2007 09:34 pm
Quote:
This could be why Jesus chose Men only because women are so sensitive they go on little bunny trails like this that have nothin to do with nothin but wasting everyone\\\'s energy. Like I said, this is why the new converts into God\\\'s laws had to ask their husbands at home rather than interrupt the entire bible studies & worship services. Women weren\\\'t allowed much in politics in America because they wanted to stay on task as Thomas Jefferson & many others reiterated, Keeps everyone productive & everyone\\\'s pants zipped too.

You think there\\\'s no differences between the sexes. So do you never dress like a woman?

You are the winner, sir.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies