Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 02:34 pm
Phoenix:

Is your cholesterol at a normal level?

( I'm just curious ).
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 02:40 pm
Quote:
"If you have any doubts," says Stein, "go to the emergency room.

And...as we've noted on other threads, it is not uncommon for people in the ER to die, because of poor diagnosis by the MDs.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 02:59 pm
Phoenix--

You're probably right about your stint of being All Things to All People.

Hang up your cape and stay out of telephone booths.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 04:40 pm
Miller wrote:
Phoenix:

Is your cholesterol at a normal level?

( I'm just curious ).

I believe that overall, it is within normal limits (but barely).
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 05:24 pm
So was your silent heart attack caused only by stress?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 13 May, 2007 05:25 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Phoenix--

You're probably right about your stint of being All Things to All People.

Hang up your cape and stay out of telephone booths.

"Hold your dominion".
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 04:53 am
Miller wrote:
So was your silent heart attack caused only by stress?

Damned if I know.I won't know the extent of anything until after the tests that I take on Thursday and Friday. Personally, I think it was caused by a number of things; genetics, stress, personal excesses. But that is only an educated guess.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 04:56 am
There HAS been a shift in my thinking since I got my news. Yesterday I went for a 4 mile walk. It was hot, and blastingly humid. I think that I paid much more attention as to what was going on inside my body as I walked. I stopped a bit more often than normally. I think that I have to cut this nonsense out, and stop contemplating my navel so much.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 08:20 am
If you're prone to silent heart attacks, you might reconsider taking 4 mile walks.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 08:46 am
Miller wrote:
If you're prone to silent heart attacks, you might reconsider taking 4 mile walks.

I plan to keep on doing what I am doing, unless I hear otherwise from the doctor. One of my problems, which probably is connected to the cardiac thing, is that I always have to struggle to control my weight. Exercise is the only way that I can keep matters in the realm of the reasonable. I find that walking is not only the best way for me to get exercise, but is a wonderful stress reliever.

Now that it is getting very hot, I may either start my walks much earlier, or walk in the mall, which is air conditioned. Hmmm...........I nearly forgot about the fact that my community has a water aerobics class every morning in the area's pool. I have done that from time to time, and it is quite rigorous. We also have a fitness center where I live. I used to go on the treadmill, but I found that it was hard on my back. (OK, so I don't have to raise the elevation to the highest level).
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 10:03 am
Phoenix--

Perhaps four mile hikes in the heat of the day should be a pleasure of the past. What detested chore are you going to eliminate to balance the loss of the walks?

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 12:21 pm
Ride a bike?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 May, 2007 01:27 pm
Miller wrote:
Ride a bike?

I have a bike, but have not ridden it in a couple of years. That's an idea, though!

There is also a pretty good circuit in the community fitness center. I don't find that particularly satisfying, but it IS air conditioned.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 07:17 am
Well, on Thursday and Friday I took the stress test and the echocardiogram. Verrry interesting. I had no problem with the stress test. I had the opportunity to talk with the tech, and watched the screen while he was doing the echo. He showed me that I had some calcium buildup on my aorta. He said that I would probably have to watch this. He did not seem terribly concerned.

The problem is that the doc is going on vacation, and I won't have the complete picture until June 7. I would assume that if there was anything hysterical going on, I would hear from one of the other doctors in the group before then.

So that's my story, so far. I am off to my 3-4 mile walk, before the air outside becomes like a blast furnace!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 09:25 am
There's also yoga.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 10:19 am
Miller wrote:
There's also yoga.

I used to do yoga, a number of years ago. It IS wonderful. My community has a number of yoga classes. I may just look into it. There is also a tai chi class on Saturdays.

I had a great walk this morning. The temperature was in the high 70s, and there was a great breeze, rather unusual for this time of year.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 11:47 am
Phoenix--

Twenty years ago scans showed Mr. Noddy's aorta, stomach, lungs, and esophagus were all encased in calcium deposits.

He's still alive.

Still, I know you want the official word--now.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 11:57 am
Noddy- Except for feeling a little annoyed, I am ok with waiting. I want to know because I want to get the clearance for my stupid finger operation. I can't bend the finger now, and it usually does not even hurt. Every once in awhile though, I will pick up something the wrong way, and WHAM! I get a shot in the finger, and let out a yell that scares the hell out of Mr. P.

I also would like to get the show on the road, as I would like to make my NY trip in July.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 02:10 pm
Are you doing any excercises for your finger?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 19 May, 2007 02:33 pm
Miller wrote:
Are you doing any excercises for your finger?

If it does not bother me, I am not bothering it. With what I have exercising would just inflame it more.
0 Replies