Athiest one liners

Bartikus

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 10:22 am
Trust in God who neither needs forgiveness nor is answerable to any for he is good and above all.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 10:23 am
Bartikus wrote:
Trust in God who neither needs forgiveness nor is answerable to any for he is good and above all.
all others pay cash.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 10:27 am
While he came to the earth, born in a stable, suffered for no wrong, mocked and crucified, paid in his own blood so that we may be restored.

Merry Christmas!
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 10:52 am
Hey Bartikus. Who did he pay to?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 11:08 am
real life wrote:
Never trust someone who thinks they are answerable to no one.

Never trust someone who claims to be answerable to a figment of their own overheated imagination.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 11:34 am
Don't y'all ever get tired of doing this? I mean you (general) have your beliefs and we (general) have ours. I understand how some think we shove our beliefs down throats, and I'll never deny there are plenty of people that do that, but I don't recall any non-believers saying what Jesus taught was wrong. So, what's wrong with believing?

I get that many take the Bible and use it to beat others up or to feel superior, etc., but as in any situation, there will always be those with extreme views. It's kind of like with Wilso (sorry to bring him up but he is a good example I think), he is pretty extreme on his views and then there are other non-believers whose views are not extreme.

I spend time in a Christian Chat Room on Yahoo and I have to say that my understanding of why so many non-believers are so adamant, and even angry, at Christianity, has greatly increased. And quite honestly, I can't say that I blame anyone that feels that way. I am learning more and more everyday that you have to take each person as an individual and not as a group.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 11:36 am
The thread title is "Atheist one liners." If you find that tedious, don't post here and don't read here. I guarantee you that you won't be missed.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 11:45 am
You won't miss her Setanta? bummer.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 11:47 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Don't y'all ever get tired of doing this? I mean you (general) have your beliefs and we (general) have ours. I understand how some think we shove our beliefs down throats, and I'll never deny there are plenty of people that do that, but I don't recall any non-believers saying what Jesus taught was wrong. So, what's wrong with believing?

I get that many take the Bible and use it to beat others up or to feel superior, etc., but as in any situation, there will always be those with extreme views. It's kind of like with Wilso (sorry to bring him up but he is a good example I think), he is pretty extreme on his views and then there are other non-believers whose views are not extreme.

I spend time in a Christian Chat Room on Yahoo and I have to say that my understanding of why so many non-believers are so adamant, and even angry, at Christianity, has greatly increased. And quite honestly, I can't say that I blame anyone that feels that way. I am learning more and more everyday that you have to take each person as an individual and not as a group.

Don't forget the other reason outlined in the word.
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 11:50 am
mesquite wrote:

A ransom is something that is paid to provide for the release of someone who is held captive. Jesus paid our ransom to free us from sin, death, and hell.

http://www.gotquestions.org/ransom.html
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 11:54 am
Setanta wrote:
real life wrote:
Never trust someone who thinks they are answerable to no one.

Never trust someone who claims to be answerable to a figment of their own overheated imagination.

Our faith does not come from our imagination. What are you talking about? Heck, Santa claus did'nt even come from our imagination.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 11:59 am
bartikus wrote:
Our faith does not come from our imagination.
Are you suggesting fortune cookies?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 11:59 am
Bartikus wrote:
Jesus paid our ransom to free us from sin, death, and hell.

I coulda had a V-8!
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 12:01 pm
dyslexia wrote:
bartikus wrote:
Our faith does not come from our imagination.
Are you suggesting fortune cookies?

No, are you?
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 12:04 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Bartikus wrote:
Jesus paid our ransom to free us from sin, death, and hell.

I coulda had a V-8!

Jesus said he came for the sick. The sinner. V-8 may be helpful to the body though.

I never liked v-8 much myself. He is still working.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 01:08 pm
Bartikus wrote:
mesquite wrote:

A ransom is something that is paid to provide for the release of someone who is held captive. Jesus paid our ransom to free us from sin, death, and hell.

http://www.gotquestions.org/ransom.html

Your answer was directed to what the payment was for. Jesus was the payor. Who was the payee?
0 Replies

Bartikus

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 01:41 pm
Did you read the link?
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 03:38 pm
Yep, I read it, a whole lotta hoop jumpin' going on to try to rationalize God sacrificing to himself, but such is Christianity.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 04:49 pm
Bartikus wrote:
Jesus said he came for the sick. The sinner...

I don't think he actually said that.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 04:52 pm
Luke 5: 30-32:

30:And the Pharisees and their scribes grumbled at his disciples, saying, "Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?"

31:And Jesus answered them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.

32: I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance."
0 Replies