Athiest one liners

Wilso

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 12:59 am
Can priests turn other food into God, or only those little crackers?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 01:01 am
If money is the root of all evil, why do churches want it so badly?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 7 Sep, 2007 06:36 am
There once was a time when everyone feared God and the Church reigned supreme... it was called the Dark Ages.

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and suddenly realized that I was talking to myself.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 8 Sep, 2007 12:58 am
Well, a very few 'sayings' were funny, some where ignorant, some were just so so. A shame really, I openned the thread expecting a laugh Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 12:31 pm
Vikorr,

There were some good one liners, but it's hard to make dead baby jokes at the scene of the accident Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 9 Sep, 2007 03:31 pm
Maybe I expected too much :wink:
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 09:55 am
These are mostly 'we're smart, you're stupid' put down lines. Nothing really creative. Don Rickles, and the record is skipping.
0 Replies

averner

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 10:03 am
What is God? I do not understand, and think you do not either. Therefore I no more believe in God than ZVMZEDMAWNAZNXCJANWKJEANJKSD.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 12:38 pm
If you're looking for a God you can fully understand, then He can't be any smarter than you.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 02:07 pm
Why the need to find an omnipotent fairy? Only frightened children need make believe protectors.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 02:09 pm
real life wrote:
If you're looking for a God you can fully understand, then He can't be any smarter than you.

You lot are very easy to put down. I don't have the slightest ounce of respect for you. You're bunch of pathetic, brain damaged, delusional losers.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 03:10 pm
Even if there was no God, why would I want to live life spewing venom as you do? Sell me on your lifestyle, Wilso. I'm listening.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 04:13 pm
real life wrote:
Even if there was no God, why would I want to live life spewing venom as you do? Sell me on your lifestyle, Wilso. I'm listening.

Unencumbered by pathetic superstitious fear. A type of freedom that terrified little mind will never know.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 04:15 pm
And if you're not a theist, then there is no venom. It's all just a joke.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 04:43 pm
But if I were an atheist, why would I want to live as you do and spew venom at the 90% + of the human population that are theists?

It would seem to me that my attitude toward others is much more agreeable for me and them, whether or not what I believe is true.

And your attitude toward others is certainly disagreeable for them (if not for you) , whether or not what you believe is true.

So I can either:

as a theist, live a life attempting to make friends of the few who disagree with me,

or else as an atheist in your own grand tradition, I can guarantee that I make 90% of the world my 'enemies'.

Which do you think looks more attractive to me?
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Wed 12 Sep, 2007 05:59 pm
Real Life,

What would you call a person who cannot distinguish facts and observations from imaginations and delusions Question

Worse is that a person that cannot tell facts from fiction is frequently used as a tool by persons who are intelligent enough to use tools.

Some unscrupulous persons are intelligent enough to use tools.

A God is a tool that can easily be used by such unscrupulous persons.

Basically it is unfair to use a God in such a manner Idea

Gods have been so used though throughout human history Crying or Very sad

When humans generally begin to understand that birth control is much less of a crime against humanity than wars, deprivations, and disease then perhaps we will be able to begin to thwart the obscene powers that we have granted to an imaginary Godhead. Mad

Or perhaps not. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 08:12 am
akaMechsmith wrote:
Real Life,

What would you call a person who cannot distinguish facts and observations from imaginations and delusions Question

Are you assuming that since one cannot physically see God, then He cannot exist?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 11:17 am
real life wrote:
akaMechsmith wrote:
Real Life,

Are you assuming that since one cannot physically see God, then He cannot exist?
RL, apparently aka has a fondness for straw men.
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 09:40 pm
Neologist and real life,

If I cannot see God. If God has no discernable effect upon the Universe. If God has no effect upon mankind.

Perhaps I may be permitted, for the time being, to think that such a thing may be simply imaginary.

Hallucinations are common, dreams are universal, (even in dogs) schiznophrenia is recognized,(as a mental disorder) phobias are human, imaginations are part of the human condition. It is a subset of intelligence, which in turn is merely a survival strategy adopted by the human species.

All you have to do is show ONE thing that COULD not have happened except by Divine intervention and I will become a Deist. Guaranteed Exclamation

Surely ONE thing to explain the Universe should not be to great a task for an omnipotent Deity or His Belivers Exclamation

Idea Gravity may work for you. So might the electromagnetic force (s). So might the weak force (s) . So may the nuclear force. These are simply suggestions for you regarding things that I don't understand ---YET.

BUT if you attempt to explain the Universe by the utilization of something that I cannot ever hope to understand then I will call "foul". Mad

This will be particularly true if the Creator of The Universe is concerned as to whether or not I circumcise my sons or daughters. Or whether I pray five or seven times a day. Or whether I say dam*. Or whether a King has a "Divine Right" to run things.

Idea It is society (humans working in various degrees of cooperation) that makes the rules. Not any Deity. Society is controlled by humans that happen to have ( by random selection) a controlling type of personality.

If your views are accepted by uneducated persons whom have no idea as to HOW things actually work that doesn't say much for the validity of the idea Exclamation Even if 90% are wrong they are still wrong Exclamation Wishing and dreaming won't make it correct. Crying or Very sad

IMO Idea being wrongheaded about your assesment of the human condition has resulted in more miseries being visited upon humans than any other product of our imaginations.

Are you sure you are not merely being stubborn in your wishes for a Creator, a Paradise or a Savior Question

"If wishes were horses then beggers would ride"

Sorry about Wilso. He has something in common with the preachers that burned the girls in Salem Massachussetts USA around four hundred years ago. Tends to give us Atheists a bad name Sad Kind of like abusive priests Exclamation
0 Replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Thu 13 Sep, 2007 09:43 pm
Neologist,

I fail to see the "straw man". Please elucidate at your convenience.
0 Replies