I fell asleep! She's PISSED!!!!

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 08:13 pm
We are married 17 years. Sex has been much better since the winter. We have been talking and experimenting.
Sat night I was sick. Real tired and not feeling well. When we got into bed, she was frisky.
Being HUMAN, I went along. It was great! Then, it was 'her turn'. That's when I fell asleep!!!!!

This was not the first time, but it had been YEARS since I did it.

I am not an asshole. I do not roll over when I'm done.

She is threatening to leave me. She hasn't spoken to me. I will do anything to make this up to her.
Does anybody have any insight?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,371 • Replies: 50
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 08:18 pm
Good grief. She's threatening to leave you over this?

That seems rather extreme to me. Is it a tip of the iceberg sort of thing? (She feels like its representative of the fact that she does everything for you but you don't do much for her -- in general. Or something..?)
0 Replies

Dumass58

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 08:42 pm
You're right. She feels trod upon. She has to think of everything.
Now, I'm an ******ole.

I guess I am looking for choice words.
I've tried I'm sorry too many times. She says too little too late.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 08:50 pm
Tell her she has a gigantic ass. I heard that makes women swoon.
0 Replies

Dumass58

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 09:01 pm
Thanks alot..........NOT

-Borat
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 09:03 pm
Are you serious about her having built up anger, feeling like she is doing most of the heavy lifting?

It is hard to pick up tone here.

Well, if you are then you need to do, not talk. Right.

If she is just a dramatic person, who threatened without any real meaning in it because she was pissed that you fell asleep, I'd go ahead and seduce her.

Is she overreacting or did you see this coming with reason?
0 Replies

Dumass58

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 09:09 pm
She truly feels overworked. She is a control freak who takes time out to complain about doing it all.

For 12 years she supported the family with her small business. Over the past 5 years, my carreer has taken off and her business has slumped. She does not like the fact that she no longer needs to work.

I support her carreer. I respect her work. I simply do not want her to kill herself on a sinking ship. When i call it a sinking ship, I'm insulting her.

That all adds up to: I can't win.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 6 May, 2007 09:39 pm
Do you want to win?
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 03:49 am
Go away for a weekend!
Somewhere nice and quiet.
Where neither of you is going to be overworked or tired!

Then you can talk (or have sex, whichever you prefer!)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 05:33 am
Quote:
For 12 years she supported the family with her small business. Over the past 5 years, my carreer has taken off and her business has slumped. She does not like the fact that she no longer needs to work.

I support her carreer. I respect her work. I simply do not want her to kill herself on a sinking ship. When i call it a sinking ship, I'm insulting her.

Sure you are insulting her. She felt important and valuable. Now you are telling her that what she is doing is not iportant, and that she should walk away from it.

For years, men have identified themself through their careers. Apparently, this is what your wife has done. She had accomplished something, and felt important. Now you are telling her implicitly, that what she did was NOT important, and it is ok for her to stay home and be Suzy Homemaker. It sounds that that idea is not sitting well with her.

Quote:
We are married 17 years. Sex has been much better since the winter. We have been talking and experimenting.
Sat night I was sick. Real tired and not feeling well. When we got into bed, she was frisky.
Being HUMAN, I went along. It was great! Then, it was 'her turn'. That's when I fell asleep!!!!!

Did you tell her that you did not feel well BEFORE you started? You said that you "went along". Why would you go along if you were not feeling well?

I am getting the impression that you are two people, whose roles within the marriage have changed dramatically. This is causing the both of you a lot of stress. I also think that it is important for the two of you to learn to talk MORE and to communicate your feelings to one another.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 05:52 am
She wants to know you dont need her. The men who dont give in to females make the best mates, are more dependable, and are more desirable than men who give in easily to female dramatics. But dont be an asshole, give her an orgasm to blow her mind and she should be fine. let her know in the relationship you are both equal, but you are the man. you both have needs to take care of and hers is security( the male usually provides this), which her slumping business might be taking away from her. If the relationship is truly one-sided she has the right to complain, though.

If she doesnt want to be with you let her leave, u know the bird flying away saying, if she doesnt come back it wasnt meant to be.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 06:37 am
Slip her a mickey. She'll get goofy. Then, duck.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 06:52 am
OGIONIK wrote:
She wants to know you dont need her.

How did you come to this conclusion? How can you possibly know what this woman wants?

OGINIK wrote:
The men who dont give in to females make the best mates, are more dependable, and are more desirable than men who give in easily to female dramatics.

According to who? The Neanderthals who believe this tripe?

OGINIK wrote:
But dont be an ****, give her an orgasm to blow her mind and she should be fine. let her know in the relationship you are both equal, but you are the man.

Well, unless he's a woman, this is another load of tripe.

OGINIK wrote:
you both have needs to take care of and hers is security( the male usually provides this), which her slumping business might be taking away from her.

Or, perhaps she's feeling a bit taken for granted.

OGINIK wrote:
If the relationship is truly one-sided she has the right to complain, though.

Finally, something I can agree with.

OGINIK wrote:
If she doesnt want to be with you let her leave, u know the bird flying away saying, if she doesnt come back it wasnt meant to be.

LET her leave? What makes you think she needs his permission?
0 Replies

missconduct

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 07:59 am
My humble opion
From now on - maybe forever, make sure she gets what she wants first. Then it is much easier to do as you please. You may be surprised how many times she will simply roll over and play dead after she has achieved her goal.

Just saying Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 08:04 am
that's why I have always, ALWAYS....ALWAYS made sure the woman gets off first.

Because it's a well known fact that if they fall asleep while we're getting off.... well ... who cares?[color]
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 08:12 am
Bookmark
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 08:18 am
I agree with Phoenix's take, from what little we know so far. Her business has been a big deal for a long time, and it's probably quite distressing for her that it's not doing as well as it had been. Of course calling it a sinking ship is insulting -- you don't see that?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 08:35 am
JPB wrote:
OGIONIK wrote:
She wants to know you dont need her.

How did you come to this conclusion? How can you possibly know what this woman wants?

OGINIK wrote:
The men who dont give in to females make the best mates, are more dependable, and are more desirable than men who give in easily to female dramatics.

According to who? The Neanderthals who believe this tripe?

OGINIK wrote:
But dont be an ****, give her an orgasm to blow her mind and she should be fine. let her know in the relationship you are both equal, but you are the man.

Well, unless he's a woman, this is another load of tripe.

OGINIK wrote:
you both have needs to take care of and hers is security( the male usually provides this), which her slumping business might be taking away from her.

Or, perhaps she's feeling a bit taken for granted.

OGINIK wrote:
If the relationship is truly one-sided she has the right to complain, though.

Finally, something I can agree with.

OGINIK wrote:

LET her leave? What makes you think she needs his permission?

I can be a bit on the sarcastic side when it comes to females,ive never been in love so i cant say what its like and this could limit me in terms of how long their relationship is and my related lack of experience dealing with that. Maybe you know better than i what she wants?

Ive observed most females only want uninhibited sex, And that most males in relationships become "passive". i dont do relationships very often, i find when im in them that the girl always tries to control me(in various ways) and the less i let her, and the more i let her know she cant, the more she wants me. This includes threats of leaving me, i will not do what a girl wants ESPECIALLY if she tries to force me with manipulative tactics like that. let me reword that, if i do not like what she wants me to do, i wont do it unless it will really make her happy.(im not an asshole but i just wont let a female act like the relationship is based solely on her emotional needs)

but your right in that i DONT KNOW what she wants, but it seems to me when you get a girl off she becomes extremely loving, especially if u do it consistently and actually succeed. But alas i concede to people with more experience in long-term relationships, i was merely stating an opinion, which i might add could have also been more specifically written.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 08:52 am
I'm in agreement with sozobe and phoenix, I would be insulted if some one called my job a "sinking ship" even if it was - couldn't you have found some better words to use?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 7 May, 2007 08:59 am
Try helping her with her business, if it is a "sinking ship" you were right to tell her, but also make sure to help her find ways to make it work. then she would know that you werent picking on her, only trying to help her succeed.

but if there is no way her business is going to make it the truth is the only way. truth hurts tho but pain is weakness leaving the body, as the marines say haha.
0 Replies