The Garbage Dump

fishin

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 01:06 pm
The Garbage Dump is the exact opposite of the "A Penny For Your Thoughts" thread. This is the place to leave all the negativity. Did someone cut you off on your way to work this morning? Did someone get in front of you at the express checkout with 12 items instead of 10? Did your boss say something that just irritated the heck out of you today?

Say it here.. Leave it here. No discussion of posts is necessary. Just say what's on your mind.

Because this thread is intended for the negative and we don't necessarily want to keep all that negativity around we'll purge the entries on ocassion. If you DON'T want an entry purged please include the line "DO NOT DELETE!" in your post. We'll respect your wishes and leave those posts there.

NOTE: This is NOT a place to openly critize others you may disagree with. No names should be used. It's enough that you know who/what the post is pointed at. Site management reserves the right to edit or remove posts that insult members or specific individuals, businesses, etc..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 7,058 • Replies: 50
No top replies

roger

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 01:51 pm
Awwwright! A place of my own.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 02:08 pm
OK Fishin man you want negative I can be negative. That is an area I actually do have some real knowledge in. Laughing However the only thing I can find negative to say today is that I just got up, slept to long and thus I have a terrible headache from caffeine deprivation Crying or Very sad which will soon be taken care of. If and when I do get dressed today and if an when I do got out into Texas traffic Shocked I might have something to report back. If I encounter any negativity I shall return to this garbage and dump Very Happy all the negativity here. Confused
0 Replies

Jose Cuervo

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 02:29 pm
Evil or Very Mad I wanna turn in my friend Larry man, he sold me some stuff that wouldn't get a fly high! I had to sell it to my little brothers and sisters man
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 04:27 pm
Grr my house still reeks of the rice I burned yesterday.

'Course I could clean, but hey, why disturb the dirt when ya don't have to?
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 04:55 pm
I am pissed off at.....you know who you are, dammit. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 05:00 pm
I wanted to take a long walk today. It was so gorgeous out. But then I sat down at that blankety blank computer....... Evil or Very Mad

Tomorrow, I am going, come hell or high water!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 05:17 pm
Gosh.

Where to start?

I'm totally pissed about the news that the ban on snowmobiles in Yellowstone has been lifted and that 35% more of these ungodly machines will be allowed in each day. People have the whole rest of the country to trash and it looks like it's just going to get easier and easier to wreck it. You'd think they could at least leave Yellowstone alone. Can't we just have this one little patch of land that we promise to keep nice?

Okay, next: Each Tuesday night for the last (nealy) two years has been Little Mo night - the night my tiny grandson type person comes to stay. Mr. B. and I always plan for a nice quiet Tuesday to enjoy the little hellion's antics. So what happens last night?

The washing machine floods the garage and then the door between the house and the garage just decides it will no longer open so you have to trek through the rain and mud to go between them. The freaking plumber doesn't arrive until 7:00 and bangs away until about 9:00. The dogs are completely manic and covered in mud threby trashing my house. By the time we get Little Mo to bed and get the house cleaned up it's 11:00 so, of course, Mo wakes up at 3:00 and we begin a very long and tiring day.

Trying to find some kindness in the day we pack up and head to our favorite rainy day hangout - the Children's Museum to find it jam packed with a lot of little monsters who won't share toys that don't even belong to them. At about the time I'm ready to start pinching parents, Mo the mind reader decides it's time to go.

We get back to the house and Mo's lovely mom comes to pick him up. She's in tears because some jerk-off let their dog run loose and the dog murdered her cat before her very eyes. Mo sees him mom all hysterical so he gets upset and within minutes we're all just having a big sob.

Just now the house is quiet so I'm tossing the rest of the day to the wind and having a nice drink while I rant.

Thank you fishin, for letting me get that off of my chest!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 05:49 pm
Oh boomer! What a day! Have a double and next Tuesday you give Lil Mo a pat on the head for me. Very sorry to hear about the poor cat. How horrible. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 05:52 pm
Free round of drinks for Boomerang- And make it a double!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 05:54 pm
well it seems so tiny after that but ... i hate wearing pantyhose! they never stay where i put them - they slide down, they ride up, they sneak into places they don't belong - i hate them!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 06:18 pm
Well at least I didn't have to wear pantyhose!

Those things are horrible!

Just last year I decided that my business reputation was good enough for us to start wearing jeans to work (nice jeans, mind you) without suffering reprecusssions form being overly casual. I donated all of my old work clothes to Dress For Success - the group that gives professional wear to welfare women re-entering the work force. Those clothes served me well and I hope they do the same for others.

See how much better I feel?

Thanks all, for the words of encouragement.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 06:56 pm
After boomers bad day...Im just thinking its nothing much but..Ill vent as well anyway

I agree with the whole pantyhose thing as well..they suck! We should only have to wear them on special occassions dangit, and only if we so choose...blah

Okay, so yesterday I end up at work until almost 7 pm doing FTP crap...and I get in this morning, and its okay, allwent well when I got it all far enough to leave last night so, I think..kewl
THEN...bossman makes me stay tonight to fix the fix the programmers fixed...humph! He did suggest everyone leaving early though so I wouldnt have to stay so late...didnt work though, never does..blah blah blah.
This is all after spending the last three days fixing all the mistakes he made while i was having fun in the sun.....this guy runs a business and he doesnt understand that you cant enter a bill for the amount you want and take the credit before you get the credit, and pay what you want on it and he thinks theres no big deal...I had to explain it to him today .. dippy

whew..thanks..I feel better already
then again, Im home now
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 07:16 pm
I was stopped at a red light - first n line, the woman behind me got rear-ended. She was alone so I pulled over to make sure things went smoothly and to offer my cell phone. The prick who hit her just took off.

prick!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 07:44 pm
Quinn, what's your boss's name? I think I know him. Took me 45 minutes last week to convince mine that just because an out of state customer deleted sales tax from an invoice for work in a third state, we can't decline to pay the tax to the state in which the work was performed. He blames me for these quirky little state laws, knowwhadda mean?
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 07:54 pm
Well as it turns out I did not have to leave the house to get dumped on, oh well stuff happens.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 08:03 pm
roger...
thats like piddly compared to the lamebrain I work for...but, I feel your pain
maybe they're related!?

maybe they should go out sometime...like daytime maybe

Today he flipped out cuz someones credit card was rejected...so now EVERY card must be checked beforehand....we're catalog sales...can you imagine?? Im ignoring that one for the moment, lets see if he notices....puddinhead
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 08:10 pm
Well, piddly is as piddly does.

Now wasn't that a cryptic statement. Anyway, if they don't pay up and he persists in his happy theory, I got news for him - that's one quarterly tax report he is going to sign, because I won't.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 09:36 am
:ahem:

I lost my debit card on Thursday, but didn't realize it until Friday night and because it was the holiday weekend and no one at the bank was answering the phone I couldn't cancel it or find out if someone found it and was using it and I got paid Friday night so I had all of my hard earned money just sitting there for someone to use it and I had to borrow money from my mother.

<deep breath>

I got my brakes on the car fixed 3 months ago and they started making a grinding noise about a month ago and I brought it to the garage and the mechanic told me the brakes were just dirty and he cleaned them and they'd be fine but now they've been making this grinding noise again and the mechanic couldn't see it until Wednesday but the brakes don't make the noise when they're wet and it was raining Wednesday so he can't hear the noise and he thinks I'm crazy.

<deep breath>

I went out with the boy on Sunday and he didn't have to work Monday but I did so he proceeded to drink too much and I was getting tired so I went to leave and he walked me to my car and started this stupid fight about no one knows what and I had the satisfaction of peeling off in my my car but he left a drunken message on my voicemail at work at 3:30 in the morning so that's what I'd have the pleasure of listening too at 9 am on Monday morning and good lord who wants to hear this again just leave me alone already.

<deep breath>

So:

I found my debit card. Someone turned it in at the last ATM/bank I used it at. Thanks, whoever you are.

The mechanic fixed my car. He said the brake pads he used the last time, although premium, were having heating and noise issues. He didn't charge me a penny.

The boy didn't bring up the stooopid fight again and is being a perfectly lovely individual.

But I'm still upset that my weekend blew.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 11:50 am
Yah know? I was gonna complain, but after reading Boomerang's post, I'm gonna shut up! Cool
0 Replies