Able2know - inviting others

husker

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 03:56 pm
Is there any policy on inviting people to Able2know? Timeframes and Number of people and that kind of thing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,840 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:21 pm
Husker- Right now the site is not completely functional, and really still in Beta. As such, please don't invite anyone, yet. I don't know if you have seen what I posted on the "Abuzz Guilt" thread on this very subject:

"What we don't want is to overwhelm the site, all at once. We want to make sure that everything is in place before the deluge. The Editors are beginning to send out invitations, in a controlled and orderly fashion.

I have a feeling, that very soon, this site is going to "boom". I think that Craven and Jespah are very wise in handling the invitations this way.

As you may know, this site will be monitored very closely by the Editors and Moderators. One thing that we DON'T want, is the sort of nastiness that really ruined Abuzz. By controlling the influx, the Editors will have the opportunity to become more comfortable with their duties, so that the site is run efficiently.

So hang on, and be patient. In a short while, you will see many more of your old buddies on this site!"

At some point in time, the site WILL go public, and be available to anyone who wants to join.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:24 pm
Oops. Hope it's OK that I'm here! (I'm here now, please don't make me go!!!)
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:34 pm
Piffka, how did you find your way here?

I had Craven's other site, Raven's Realm, on my favourites, clicked on it one day, and zoom, over to Able2Know, and happy I am to be here!
Very Happy
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 04:48 pm
Let me know if you are contemplating inviting anyone, as I have a list and don't want anyone to receive duplicate invitations. Just send me a PM, thanks.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:01 pm
piffka, don't worry darlin'. You are very welcome!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:02 pm
Pifka stays.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:07 pm
Yeah, we want Piffka here! Laughing Surprised Very Happy
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:19 pm
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks!!! Smooches around!

Actually Diane mentioned it to me with the website name, but Beth & Co. were talking about the site while we were in the Catskills.

I love this, much friendlier than abuzz and I'm assuming if mean people get on, nicer people will make the mean people stop!

Right???
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:20 pm
Piffka is on my invite list for today. One less thing to worry about. Phew.

Husker - the invite assignments are starting to be distributed, so you should start to see more people trickling in over the next few weeks. They are being co-ordinated by Jespah so that there are not duplicates and the flow is equalized a bit.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:21 pm
Piffka- You betcha! Very Happy
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:36 pm
Oh goodie, I'm legitimate!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 05:44 pm
Hi piffka! Glad to see ya!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 06:02 pm
Hi Sozobe,

Nice to see you, too!
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 07:57 pm
It feels very nice to be mollycoddled.

It's also hard to distinguish between good and banal having never been involved with something like this before. Hope I'mm not mediumochre.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 08:00 pm
algis, that's not a possibility. you're not medium anything. anyone who's been to see your art can attest to that. and that's not mollycoddling.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 06:26 am
Just saying hello
Hi Confused

(Walter invited me). I guess this is a sort of practise, looked at Abuzz lately, it seems dead.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 06:36 am
Hiya Steve! Welcome!
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 08:42 am
Thanks!

Good to be here, although a little confusing until you get the hang of it. Going to try avataring next.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 08:56 am
steve- Looks like you already did. Great pic!
0 Replies