The Garbage Dump

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 04:00 pm
I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to do take-out anymore!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 04:09 pm
LW, maybe you can get someone else to cook for you . . . try a little (are you ready?) . . . networking . . .

heeheeheeheeheeheeheehee

okbye
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 04:32 pm
Laughing I'd rather nitpick than network. I think all fast food should be Dunaway with.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 14 Nov, 2002 05:33 pm
LW..you know what they do to you at the drive through dont you?

Anyway...another hell day with the bossman but, Im starting to expect it and funny..just rolls off me like nothing now, which is kinda scary
I did however calm and assist an irate customer due to his actions, which is also typical...humph...jerkface

I went to the dentist today...how icky is that??? I now have gleeming incisors though so, watch out if you see the pearly whites
really cool air jet baking soda thing Ive never known before as well
still..all that poking and prodding and exraying and all...Im thinking they should pay me darnitall
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 09:45 am
I am sick and tired of being sick so I hereby dump my flu/cold/sinus infection/bronchitus here. And I will not be back to get it either.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 10:24 am
How come you never came to my house before? You don't like my house? What, does it stink? You don't like my house because it stinks? I know my house stinks.........
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 11:43 am
What a monday man, you just cant tell what will happen
One o my gals here at the workplace isnt feeling very well, in fact she lost her lunch
I dont think Im gonna eat till later...and um...yeah, could you go home please? This isnt brain surgery, we can handle it..stay home man, I dont want what you got, Im all for sharin but, this isnt one of those things.
0 Replies

Jose Cuervo

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 12:52 pm
Today I got good news and bad news...

First the bad news- I don't have a job anymore Sad

Now the good news- I don't have a job anymore Very Happy
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 02:33 pm
Aww, jose that is bad news and good news. Good for us since you will have more time to spend with us Smile
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 03:33 pm
Ah, Jose my friend. :-/
0 Replies

Jose Cuervo

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 04:44 pm
It's OK- you see I'm doing consulting work and it's on again off again kinda thing. I'll be off now thru the holidays Laughing
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 05:33 pm
Good for you, Jose. Smile

Honestly, I don't know what I'm doing here, everything has been going so smoothly lately. But then again, that does sorta tick me off, cause I know the bastids are just taking a breather and will be dumping on me anytime now. So I should be able to report something spectacular in due course.

Oh yeah Idea ... just thought of somethin' ... got the latest Atlantic Monthly in the mail today, and as I was flipping through it, all these renewal cards came floating out and I had to bend over and pick 'em up. That reeeeely torques me big time Exclamation Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 10:28 pm
Howdy jose, ain't seen you around in a long time. Still doing the Texas get togethers?

Debacle, oh, forget it. This ones too easy Laughing
0 Replies

Jose Cuervo

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 08:53 am
Howdy Y'all!

We haven't had a Texas get together in sometime- we're about due for one. I've been traveling quite a bit now that I'm consulting and haven't been as active socially but we've visited dozens of state parks in our camper :wink:
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 08:56 am
Short rant of the day:

A public service message for the protection of Sugar, a precious and endangered species:

If you are as wide as you are tall, please do NOT sit down on the train. Not only do I not like being crushed to death, but I must use two hands to wrestle my leg out from under your big fat a$$ which causes undo physical and psychological stress. Anyone else caught doing this will be charged with assault.

Thank you.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 09:02 am
Sugar wrote:
Short rant of the day:

A public service message for the protection of Sugar, a precious and endangered species:

If you are as wide as you are tall, please do NOT sit down on the train. Not only do I not like being crushed to death, but I must use two hands to wrestle my leg out from under your big fat a$$ which causes undo physical and psychological stress. Anyone else caught doing this will be charged with assault.

Thank you.

<chortle> Been thre sugar! been there... Sheesh...
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 12:46 pm
Some workplace rules:

1. I do not need to hear ever detail of your phone conversation from 100 paces. It doesn't make you seem more interesting when I hear every bloody detail of your social life. It just makes me hate you even more than I already do because you are infernally distracting.

2. A kitchenette that is 6 feet long and 2 feet wide is not the place to stand and gab with your coworkers. Get the he11 out of my way so I can get a spoon for my Cheerios.

3. Clogging up my email with stupid questions you could answer yourself if you had half a brain is bad enough. It becomes a major infraction when you sit right next to me and you could just turn your head and ask. You should be shot.

4. Those who instinctively hit the "Reply to all" button when the response is applicable to only one recipient, especially in the case of social email, are hereby sentenced to have all of their fingers broken.

Please feel free to add your own grievances to the list. It is a hard life for those of us who are forced to suffer fools.
0 Replies

CountZero

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 02:33 pm
I find the 'replay all' button (item 4) to be a great retaliatory measure for offences under item 5.

Item 6: Don't ask for my help and then question my solution. Offenders will be summarily lit on fire.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 03:56 pm
CountZ! :-D

I'm with you on the "reply all" thing. Two jobs ago, some idjits sent some stupid meeting notice to everyone in the (I kid you not) 30,000-member company. And then other idjits sent back to "reply all" that the meeting notice didn't apply to them. I think we all received about 60 or so notes which were essentially perfect proofs of just how clueless the senders were.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2002 05:09 pm
1. If you know nothing about something I do actually know about, I dont care if you're the king of Shebia, I aint doing what you expect to be done cuz its wrong and Ill be fixing it all week, at least. When I explain this in the simplist terms and most clear definitions but your butt can only think of what you want and how you want it done..it then becomes your problem, not mine.
2. If you raise your voice to me for no particular reason at all, 1st time Ill let it go, 2nd time Ill try to work with you, but 3rd time...expect it right back, and you know what...LEARN TO LIKE IT.
3. When I bother to fix something so that so you can use it properly, and spend the time explaining to you this is how you will need to do it ...when you dont follow my directions, it wont happen. I dont think thats so complicated to understand, but you know...Im always wrong so, Ill just go with that and explain it all over again.
4. When you figure out that you were wrong...you should admit it, or at least apologize, or come to the realization that you still arent King, and I dont really care either way, Im just doin my job man. However, when you go have a liquid lunch and come back happy, understanding, and even nice...dont expect me to brighten unless you're bringing me a bottle bud.

<whats it a full moon??>
0 Replies