WAS I BANNED FROM A2K???

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:23 am
Setanta has indicated that I was banned from A2K at some point. I honestly do not remember being banned, but if I was and simply have forgotten it, I would like to acknowledge that fact to Set.

How do I go about finding out if I ever was banned?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 27 • Views: 8,038 • Replies: 111

View best answer, chosen by Frank Apisa
djjd62

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
if you have a tag in your ear or a ring around your ankle, you might have been banded
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:29 am
@djjd62,
No tag; no ring; no collar.

But I may have been banned...and simply not remember.

I honestly do not think so, but I want to find out how it can be answered definitively.
Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:31 am
Still trying to pick a fight, Frank? How silly you are.
farmerman

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:31 am
@Frank Apisa,
they dont band you, they use a tatoo. Maybe set was saying that you werent tatood yet.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:35 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Still trying to pick a fight, Frank?

Hummm...I thought I was just trying to get at the truth. You have twice mentioned that I was banned for, in essence, insulting you with the comment, "**** you."

I just want to see if you are correct, so I can acknowledge that you are correct.

Quote:
How silly you are.

Not silly at all. Why do you ask?
Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Kind of slow on the uptake there, Frank. It's because you are obviously continuing your attempt to pick a fight.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:37 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
they dont band you, they use a tatoo. Maybe set was saying that you werent tatood yet.

Hey, Farmerman, I have got a great tattoo of an eagle on my right calf. But I do not think that is evidence that I was ever banned.

I truly do not remember ever being banned!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:39 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Kind of slow on the uptake there, Frank. It's because you are obviously continuing your attempt to pick a fight.

So, you think trying to find out the truth is attempting to pick a fight!

Very interesting.

You must think you are "trying to find out the truth" a lot then.
roger

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:39 am
@Frank Apisa,
I have said the same thing, as have others without having been banned. If you were banned, someone must have made a big deal out of reporting the post.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:40 am
@farmerman,
By the way, Farmerman...not really sure what this "select answer" thing is about. I hit that block by accident when I was trying to respond.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:41 am
@roger,
Quote:
I have said the same thing, as have others without having been banned. If you were banned, someone must have made a big deal out of reporting the post.

Thanks Roger, but I think Set is right that things were different back in the old days. I still want an answer to whether or not I was banned, since Set has charged me with that twice.
ehBeth
  Selected Answer

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 10:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
asking the general membership isn't going to help you as we wouldn't know the answer

use the contact us link at the bottom of the page and see if the admins have any information about your question

JPB

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 11:00 am
@Frank Apisa,
try the "contact us" link at the bottom of any page. Send your ??? to the help desk and someone there may be able to help you.
Setanta

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 11:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
No, i think making an issue ot the matter, by asking people who cannot possibly answer your question--making it a public issue, is a part of the ongoing attempt to pick a fight which you started yesterday.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 11:06 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:

Thanks Roger, but I think Set is right that things were different back in the old days. I still want an answer to whether or not I was banned, since Set has charged me with that twice.

quite different. I was just re-reading an old thread about the vulgar language filter that was being installed. That's definitely gone now.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 11:09 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Setanta has indicated that I was banned from A2K at some point. I honestly do not remember being banned, but if I was and simply have forgotten it, I would like to acknowledge that fact to Set.

in the greater scheme of things, does this matter to either of you?

if it does, I say Confused to both of you

generally - questions about how the forum works should go to "contact us" - otherwise you'll get rubberneckers speculating instead of answers
Sturgis

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 11:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

It was part of the great New Jerseyian ban of 2006-2008 aimed at golfers who disagree with the beliefs of Jesuit Priests in seminaries on the planet Cronkite in a galaxy far far away.

Quote:
The information can be found in the memory chip of your secret decoder ring. Or possibly just contact the staff here at A2K. If you are like me and disappeared for any length of time, it may have happened and you just never knew it.
Fido

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 11:32 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Who would ban you and why??? For not wearing a hat with that jbf hair???We've all had days when we looked like that, and if not so bad then still, like...
Ragman

Reply Tue 28 Feb, 2012 11:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
I can't say anything conclusively but I thought the extent of what happened to you is that you had to re-establish an A2K account due to your forgetting or changing your email account or some such. I've been around for more than 10 yrs but despite that I don't follow the history of many of these bans so I'm certainly no authority. However, I don't recall you ever being banned. I only recall the issue where you had an account change and/or redid your nickname because you didn't have your account from which you had originally established your A2K-Abuzz presence - or something like that?

Either way, to me you add value here as you are bright, add color and have a different POV than I do. Occasionally I read your comments and find that you keep my interest, so I'll add my welcome back to you.

1. Forums
  2. » WAS I BANNED FROM A2K???
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/25/2024 at 10:08:17