Who Is Buried in Bush's Speech?

Scrat

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 02:34 pm
Tartarin wrote:
If you hate to spoil the party, Scrat, what does it say about you that you go ahead and spoil the party (or at least try to!)?

It says that when all is said and done I'm a big fan of REALITY playing amongst a lot of folks who would rather play PRETEND.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 02:38 pm
So you're kind of a white knight rushing in to save others from pretense? I love it! Where are you when Fox needs you!
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 02:38 pm
mamajuana wrote:
No, you don't have to be a resident of Texas to sign it (this is not for a state emplyee, but a federal one. And after the Clinton impeachment, it became apparent that anything goes. And a petition for a recall does not have to meet some vague, stringent requiements - the requirements are set out. They are quite specific for impeachment, which is limited mostly to president, vice president, senators, judges - federal employees. But a recall vote is what it says - a vote to recall the vote.

The author of this petition is a man who writes for an online pub (and I believe he's a Texan), who has looked into what has to be done for this.

Whether it works or not - who can tell? But the fact that it's been brought, and is being presented as a petition on so many sites, is interesting.

mj - I wonder whether you will ever fully appreciate how much these comments of yours show how little you understand about the way things work. Delay is not a federal employee. He is an elected representative of the state of TX. As such, IF TX has a provision for recalling a representative, only residents of TX could call for his recall. There is no blanket provision allowing anyone, anywhere to simply recall a politician they don't like for absurd reasons.

Seriously. Despite our disagreements I have always assumed you were fairly intelligent and well-informed. Your apparent ignorance on this is a shock to me.

But again, sign the silly petition if you like, but you are kidding yourself if you think it means anything.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 02:47 pm
Look, Mamaj. Scrat is everywhere, knows everything. Only one thing does Scrat lack...
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 02:47 pm
I'll send you a separate PM.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 03:06 pm
Oh gee... they are talking about me behind my back! Whatever shall I do????

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Tart - I note that you don't argue the point I make. Why is that? Are you unable to make an intelligent response? Unable to prove me wrong? Or does it just piss you off that you know I'm right, so the best you can do is play your pissant high-school games?

I'll bet it sucks being on the wrong side of reality. It really shouldn't surprise me that you are so cranky all the time.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 03:20 pm
dyslexia wrote:
as far as i can tell Bush is the only politico still writing with crayons.

http://www.bartcop.com/proud-mentors.JPG
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 04:33 pm
What was it you wanted to argue about this time, Scrat?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 04:36 pm
Reality, an awesome concept; no wonder the Bushites avoid it.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 04:39 pm
Dys, your spelling is kind of off this afternoon, isn't it?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 04:40 pm
nope, you got the drift Wink
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 04:47 pm
I don't think we need to use the silent "e" anymore, do we?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 06:21 pm
Dys and Tart
Tart, don't be too hard on Dys. I had an extra unused e laying around and didn't know what to do with it. So I gave it to Dys, who didn't want to appear ungrateful of my lovely gift.

---BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 07:18 pm
very funny y'all.

Scrat, welcome to the thread. What would we ever do without you? Please stick around, your pleasant demeanor is always appreciated, darlin.

Mamaj, is the petition for a recall or an impeachment of DeLay? If the petition is not really viable, I suggest we have a lynchin. That would be a good bit of reality we could all chew on for a few days.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:13 pm
how about we just chain him up to a pickup bumper and drag him 5 or 6 miles?
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:23 pm
Oh dear, scrat - yet it surpasseth all understanding. I do have something to add to this, but I also have a request. You have made several flat statemens about recalls and such. So, just to bolster your case, and restore my faith in your absolute positive sense of self, I would like to know the sources of the information you give.

Now, here is where I got my information:

" In less than a week, my petition against Republican House Majority Leader Tom DeLay - probably the most fascist member of Congress who is a major force behind the recent move to redistrict Texas eight years early to grab more Republican seats in Congress – has surpassed 1,100 signatures. Thanks to all who signed it and passed it on – please continue doing so if you can.

To sign the petition to remove DeLay from office, go to http://www.petitiononline.com/tdl0000/petition.html. You do NOT have to be a Texas resident to sign that one – I plan to deliver copies of the signatures to DeLay myself, as well as to key media members and political activists in his district who can start the process of removing DeLay more directly."

Jackson Thoreau is an American writer and co-author of We Will Not Get Over It: Restoring a Legitimate White House. The updated, 120,000-word electronic book can be downloaded on his Internet site at http://www.geocities.com/jacksonthor/ebook.html. Citizens for Legitimate Government has the earlier version at http://www.legitgov.org/we_will_not_get_over_it.html.

As anyone can plainly see, there is a real person who is the source of that petition, and he gives real information.

So, scrat, what is your information on this? If you deny what Mr Thoreau says, what is your authority?

You ain't rainin on my party, scrat. I simply put it the way I got it. If you disagree, well, that's nothing new. But I am waiting with baited breath and open ear to hear your grounds.

Incidentally, your assumptions about me are well founded. I bet you thought Moveon was silly, too, didn't you?
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2003 09:27 pm
Lola, Gel - impeachment, unfortunately, does not apply to DeLay. But other measures do.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 11:42 am
Actually, DeLay has committed so many crimes - he should just be arrested and thrown in jail, never to see the light of day again.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 12:11 pm
I think we should give DeLay a taste of his own medicine. A van will drive up Capitol Hill and apply a tasty cocktail of sevin and other anti-cucaracha and scorpion medications straight out of Texas to DeLay's office.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2003 12:55 pm
Just desserts!!!! Smile
0 Replies