Gallstones

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 07:57 am
I felt ok all weekend. Yesterday had a bit of a pain for about an hour but nothing compared to what it was last week or the previous time.

Perhaps it is just pregnancy pains. It sure doesn't feel like it though. It doesn't feel like muscles that are hurting. It feels like guts that are hurting, if that makes sense.

I forgot to mention that at the doc (you know how you get there and they rush you and your practically forget why you are even there...). And that's unusual for me because I am a talker and usually keep the doctor for 15-20 minutes at every visit making sure to get my time and money's worth.

But this was a different doctor and he didn't know anything about me. it was sort of a waste of time and $10.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 08:11 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Perhaps it is just pregnancy pains. It sure doesn't feel like it though. It doesn't feel like muscles that are hurting. It feels like guts that are hurting, if that makes sense.

Since you HAVE seen a doctor, I'll go ahead now and say yeah, I felt something like that. Later on I thought it was the same category of thing when I was having contractions -- the contractions themselves were not at all what I expected. It wasn't a tightness, it was a deep internal ache/ pain. I know you said that you're having Braxton-Hicks, not sure how they manifest for you. (Point there though isn't that the pain is Braxton-Hicks contractions per se, but that I felt some sort of general internal pain before I started contractions and when contractions did start I thought it was more of the same. The baby would be pushing agaist things, various organs are rearranging themselves, etc.)

I'm well aware of that "but wait...!" moment at the doctor's. I've taken lists with me for that reason -- they're very good at the rush-rush and sometimes it's hard to compose yourself, looking down at pre-written questions can help a lot.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 07:10 am
Well, "the pain" as I am now calling it keeps coming back on and off. Same spot, varying degrees of intensity. It doesn't usually last for long, definitly not long enough to get an appointment and get to the doctor before it's gone again.

I wonder if the baby isn't pushing on an organ or something.

The BH I am having are pretty distinct, meaning, I know they are contractions. My whole belly goes rock solid and it does hurt a little. The pain isn't around during the BH so I don't think they are related.

I have an ob appointment on the 9th and am definitly doing to be bringing this up with doc. I may even call just to talk to him about it.

Since we've pretty much ruled out any terrible medical reason (I hope), I think I'll be ok until then.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2007 07:15 am
Bella Dea wrote:

The BH I am having are pretty distinct, meaning, I know they are contractions. My whole belly goes rock solid and it does hurt a little. The pain isn't around during the BH so I don't think they are related.

Yeah, I was worried that wasn't clear.

I'm not saying that for me, they were related. I'm just saying that well before I started having any kind of contractions, I had just miscellaneous pains. Baby pushing on an organ maybe, various guts being squeezed by the growing baby in general, etc. Who knows.

I still don't know if what you have is serious or not -- I don't want to convince you that it's harmless because I don't know. But I did have occasional pain and discomfort that was just part of pregnancy, nothing serious.
0 Replies